Profile Ideas: Guestbook + Viewer Count + Last Log in

Afraid I'm of the same opinion if it ain't broke don't fix it as many others have mentioned. The moderators have enough of a job keeping on top of these let alone a guestbook aspect. It will be abused as already previously mentioned. The forums are fine as they are what's the need to see how many profile views you get??? It's not about that it's about the community that's whole point. Having been a website forum moderator in the past (general forums in a previous job) I know that would be a moderators nightmare opening the door to all sorts including potential abusive personal messages in said 'guestbook' if you want a Facebook type thing then go there this is not like that.

Something to see if your reviews were helpful for example as an addition in your page next to the relevant review that counts when people tick the helpful box on the review would be good especially if you do many reviews as a tester.

At the end of the day things tick along over here just fine as it is. People are friendly and wonderful in general and those barking up the wrong tree get moderated as necessary.

Just my thoughts on it.

I agree with lovebird, I think the guess book thing would just bring wiredos.

My only issue would be it would confuse the hell out of me. I'm not really active on social media or any other websites, so don't really have any points of reference,and to be honest I didn't really understand much or the terminology used.

But thats cos I'm a luddite and generally a bit thick.

However if it would increase the amount of photos of lady bums.... that's a different matter.

I like things the way they are ...I'm reasonably new to it all ... I would never dream of commenting on things I've done etc outside on Facebook ... And if it becomes like that then I would have to leave ... This is Ideal for me .. No one knows who I am and I'm able to express myself without hurting others. i enjoy reading the threads on here ... And have learnt a lot from them..

So please don't change it LH x

I personally wouldn't like a 'last log in' or profile views feature, but I would like a guestbook or private messaging system. I prefer chatting openly in the forums, but there have been a couple of times lately I've wanted to talk to a particular person about somefhing or discuss something very psersonal, so I've wanted the PM feature.

Notifications and thread subscriptions would be really useful too!

I did previously think a private chat functionality would have been good, but reading the views/reasons against this, I've since changed my mind. Sure on occasion it would be nice to send someone a private message, probably more so you know that they will see it, but I wouldn't want it open to abuse (which would happen) and I wouldn't want the forums to suffer, it's a good community.

I don't like a profile guestroom or view counter, just my personal opinion, I'm quite happy with the profiles as they are.

But i do like the idea of a notification for some things.

Personally I quite like it as it is, I've been on here for just over a year now and I've never felt the need for any of the functions mentioned, or for any other functions that have been discussed in previous threads.

It works perfecly just the way it is I think. My concern would be that any changes implemeted could affect just how smoothly the forum runs, and it would be a crying shame if we ever lost this place.

So definitely in camp 'not broke don't fix' x

I like it as it is as well. I think there are plenty of other places for social networking and I wouldn't really want private messages or a log of when/how often I had been on the forum. As someone said, the beauty of the forum is that you can dip in and out without feeling like you have to keep up with messages etc as you would on Facebook.

This probabaly goes against what most think on here , but a feature of a private message to a friend , with the facility for the recipient to refuse to accept it , i don't think wouldn't be a bad idea , at least the sender would know that the recipient wasn't interested in reading thier message , it's all about choices , ......just a suggestion , .....*waits for the onslaught of disagreeing members* Lol ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Lovebirds_x wrote:

-

You've pointed out twice now that I wasnt on lovehoney as long as you, first time I get how pointing that out would help with the feedback you were giving. Second time? Not such much. I know I havent been on lovehoney long as you mostly because my youth doesnt work in my favour here. That doesnt make me any less qualified to post an idea, regardless to if its been discussed previously or not.

Whether you agree or not with my idea feedback is still appreciated. For those that do like a feature is there anything you wanted to add to it?

e.g having a notification for log in times/forum qoutes seems to be the only popular one so far haha

Imogen Arie wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

-

You've pointed out twice now that I wasnt on lovehoney as long as you, first time I get how pointing that out would help with the feedback you were giving. Second time? Not such much. I know I havent been on lovehoney long as you mostly because my youth doesnt work in my favour here. That doesnt make me any less qualified to post an idea, regardless to if its been discussed previously or not.

![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Imogen Arie wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

-

I would prefer if it ladies didn't argue. Unless its about me, they are wearing bikinis and fighting in a paddling pool of baked beans, preferably dressed as badgers.

macspants wrote:

Imogen Arie wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

-

I would prefer if it ladies didn't argue. Unless its about me and they are wearing bikinis and fighting in a paddling pool of baked beans, preferably dressed as badgers.

Badgers - really .....? Lol

macspants wrote:

Imogen Arie wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

-

I would prefer if it ladies didn't argue. Unless its about me, they are wearing bikinis and fighting in a paddling pool of baked beans, preferably dressed as badgers.

Haha ...badgers in bikini's is a new kink on me ...but whatever floats your boat buddy ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

I would also be prepared to pay for the privelage... Just throwing it out here.

Imogen Arie wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

-

I was actually pointing out that there used to be a chat feature and it was the resulting chaos for the staff that led them to say they wouldn't do it again. This is nothing to do with your youth or your time on the forum (or mine for that matter), and was entirely relevant to mention again as I was trying to elaborate. There is no point getting short with me because I am trying to point out the reason why the idea is not a good one for this forum. Nor is there any point being unfriendly towards people just because you are not getting the answer you wanted to hear.

Sure, you can post any idea you want. But you should really learn to accept that when you ask for feedback, you will get people who disagree as much as people who agree. I've given you my reasons, other people seem to understand what I meant, but you seem to think I am simply shooting down your idea for the sake of it. Not so. It has been discussed before, it isn't going to happen, we've been told why. So yes, you may be qualified to post an idea. I am also qualified to post a response in line with my understanding of what staff have previously said.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Imogen Arie wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

-

The only "feedback" I had an issue with was yours. You made a point, fair enough then made it again in ill-taste. If you read all my comments I've thanked people for their feedback whether they like my idea or not. This thread is going off topic if you have nothing new to add please avoid commenting.

Thank you :)

Imogen Arie wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Imogen Arie wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

-

Didn't bother reading that long winded response, the only "feedback" I had an issue with was yours. You made a point, fair enough then made it again in ill-taste. If you read all my comments I've thanked people for their feedback whether they like my idea or not. This thread is going off topic if you have nothing new to add please avoid commenting.

Thank you :)

Very clever. Someone tries to be reasonable with you, you ignore them.

Why only mine when others agreed with me? That feels very much like a personal attack. This is supposed to be a friendly place...:/

*Stands well back and lets the ladies get on with it* .....any man worth his salt , knows that arguing women ![](upload://auespWY2jeVe46VFziva9nry44n.gif)![](upload://auespWY2jeVe46VFziva9nry44n.gif) are to be avoided ....at all costs ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)