Question for love honey staff, advisors and other users please

Hi All,

My wife has several toys and these are all in a case together, all toys get washed and cleaned after use and if we have to use lube then it is water based H2O JO lube which we got from LH. Now here is my question / problem.

The rabbits that my missus have are fine but the new dildos some vibrating and some with just sucker ends that we have got in the past year from LH have all started to re-act with each other. The newer dildos are a softer rubber / plastic as I believe latex is no longer used but even though all 3 are made of the same material they have started to react, it is like they are melting and the rubber has gone soft and tacky with welts being made in the shaft where they have been in contact with each other. Last year we returned a dildo thinking that it was faulty because of this issue but now the other 3 are all doing the same thing. As said, all are cleaned with soapy water and then completly wased off with clean water after use and we do not always use the lube. All older rabbits are fine when kept together and the rabbits are kept seperate from the newer dildos, the dildos are wrapped in cloth together and in a box, they are only in contact with each other.

I know part of the answer is to keep them all seperated but really! should this be happening, they are all the same material so why do they react with each other, has anyone else had this issue???

Any help, advice, answers or similar issues with other people would be a help as it is quite a passion dampner to pull out a favourite toy only to find out it is a sticky mess and no longer resembles what it is meant to, let alone the possible health issues using it that it could cause.

Lovehoney guys and girls - have you had similar reports of this happening, have the products being tested by being left in close proximatey of each other? is there a known issue with the new plastics that are used??

Many thanks to everyone who looks at this and can possibly help as it is going to become expensive if every toy is going to become a use once and throw away affair.

This is not in anyway a dig at LH as I think that the company is great and I have had nothing but excellent service from them I just need to see if other people have this issue and find a solution if possible.

Sorry I am not going to be much help here as my toy collection is not that large and everything tends to go back in its original packaging/box - I am confident you will get the answers you are after though.

Oh - and welcome xxx

http://dangerouslilly.com/2010/10/yes-jelly-sex-toys-can-be-dangerous/

I wouldn't reccomend you buy any more jelly toys. They're not 'supposed' to melt together, but it's well documented that they do.

Rubber toys should never be stored together. They will melt/degrade over time if they're touching. If you have to use rubber, store them individually in storage bags at least. These toys are porous too so cannot be properly cleaned and should be replaced at least once a year, especially if you notice any material changes.

Check out the blogger listed above. She shows how a jar of these toys melted together and has tons of other useful information on this topic :)

NatandTom prompt and accurate as always. You beat me to it.

Hi guys.

Many thanks for your replies and for the link, definitely and eye opener and I will much better informed in the future.

thank you very much for all your help.

The LoveHoney storage bags are great to store toys individually. If you have a sewing machine handy you can rattle a dozen drawstring bags in an hour out of an old pillowcase.

We keep all of ours in their own bag then inside a tool box. All safe and sound and dust free ☺

RosyCheek wrote:

The LoveHoney storage bags are great to store toys individually. If you have a sewing machine handy you can rattle a dozen drawstring bags in an hour out of an old pillowcase.

We keep all of ours in their own bag then inside a tool box. All safe and sound and dust free ☺

WOW some tool box!

From strap-on to Snap-on* no job to big or small LOL

*google it

RosyCheek wrote:

Nice idea, the missus is getting her sewing machine out as we speak ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)