Quick question re dreamgirl reversable corset!

I really REALLY want this-

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7103

But don't know much about corsets. Is it worth the £40? I'm a 34D, so what size do I need?

Good question! i want this too so would be interested to hear OA's views...

xxx

i likes the look of that one, been thinking about getting a corset for a while now but never quite had the cash :( that one is pretty though!

Well its review is good so thats a start! As for size you are supposed to get a couple of inches smaller than your under bust size (if i remember rightly!?) there are a couple of other threads answered by carly i think regarding sizing so my be worth doing a search.

x

The couple inches smaller thing that Libby said about is only in place when it comes to corsets such as the What Katie Did ones, as they are custom made to reduce waist size.

This however, is only for decorative purposes, so you'd have to get the size you are, and i'd say considering you're a D cup, a 36 might be best, but of course, you can return/exchange it if it doesnt fit.

And as for the worth £40 thing, im no expert on that really, but my OH bought me one from the dreaded ann summers,lol,and it was £50 but it was a fully boned silk one, and really amazing quality, so its your choice really, again, if you dont like it when you get it, get a refund :)

x x x x x x

Just checked the page of that corset :-

Corsets are sized like bra sizes, in inches. You should choose the corset size that matches your bra measurement. Because a corset is so adjustable, each size can accommodate an A to D cup.

So if you are a 32A, B, C, or D cup, (for example) a 32-inch size should fit you fine. If you are bigger than a 'D' cup, you need to go up a size - so if you are a 32DD, go for a size 34, for example.

So yay me for my estimation being correct ^_^

x x x

I agree with morbidia go with bust size for this one. Ones which are steel boned u go 4 inches smaller on the waist like vollers, boobietrap, what katie did etc. Looks pretty

Yeh, go for bust size - trust me, I'm a professional!

I read the review Ruth! It said it was nice but I'm just dubious about spending £30 lol. I guess I mean is it wearable outside the room.

Thanks for the sizing help guys

(ps- this is Crayola, I just can't be bothered signing in to my account cos Ed is using the forums without me lol)

We bought this ages ago and despite following the size guide it didn't fit so we returned it (thanks LH).

To be honest we weren't that impressed with it over all, especially not the reversibiliity aspect, its designed to be worn pink side out the black side is an after thought. The hook and eyes are obviously backward, the suspender attachments are stitched on that side and the labels are visible.

I do love Lovehoney but this product looks a lot better in the pics than it is.

It depends what you want it for really it's only a lingerie corset so if you want something pretty just for show it's ok. If you want to try tight lacing or want a supportive corest to wear out you really need steel boning (plastic will just bend if you sit down), especially if you are larger than a c cup. For comparison between steel and plastic boning have a look at corsets boulevard on ebay. Price-wise it's average for high street but approx £15 too expensive for an online product tbh again compare canal boat trading on ebay.