Quick question

Perhaps something about time frames for applying, as a lot of people go in for testers weeks and weeks after it is posted, but it might be worth letting people know if possible when the opening/closing dates for testing are, or if indeed there is a timeframe at all :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I think the posts are deleted once Brenna has enough responses :blush:

Maybe just a reminder to be specific on sizes/what you want to test and also to have patience :grinning: being selected to test is a privilege not a right :wink:

4 Likes

I think if people read The Great Big Review and Testing Guide everything is covered fully in there. A lot of people don’t seem to see it though so maybe there needs to be a more obvious link to it for new users?

5 Likes

Yeah! It could definitely do with being more visible.

The guide is fantastic for people who understand a bit about the tester programme but I think it is missing some stuff for absolute newbies who have never heard of it before. :thinking:

4 Likes

I can’t believe how many people ask how to be a tester and often see people refer them back to the FAQ’s, because they clearly haven’t read it.
A thread that is pinned to the top in bright colours should work.
I think the main point is to review items before being selected.
I often see new people asking but have only just joined the forum, not that it matters how long you have been on here, but I also don’t think most have reviewed first.
Maybe have it clear that you have to have 10 product reviews before asking to be selected.

6 Likes

It’s difficult to get people to read things.

So far we have these:

There may be some scope to add a pop-up when people post to the #testers category for the first time, asking them if they’ve read the guide - but that is currently beyond my skillset. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Maybe you could include a link to the Tester Guide in the Welcome Message?

5 Likes

Maybe a quick start guide? The tester thread is fab but it does have a lot of info in it which can be a lot to take in when you first start.

Maybe a step 1: do this, step 2: do that, just with the key points of being a tester (address on shopping site, write reviews, make sure you are doing what is asked in the post etc)

7 Likes

I think it depends on the problem you’re trying to solve. Are people reading the guide and getting confused, or are people not reading the guide?

I’m probably a little biased, but I think the guide is a pretty easy read.

4 Likes

I’m currently going riiiiight back to basics. There is a fair amount of interest following the doc, but also a bit of misunderstanding about what the programme is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you need an explainer page on the shopping sites, like before the changeover?

(assuming the misunderstandings are coming from people who haven’t hit the forum stage of the ‘testing information route’)

1 Like

From quite a few of the fairly recent posts in the chit-chat topic, I don’t think people are reading the guides :frowning:

I think what @Calie suggests could be beneficial but it’s getting people to read it when they’re not reading what’s already available :neutral_face:

Something on the main site could work though. “So you want to be a toy tester? Top tips/minimum requirements…” type thing?

3 Likes

This is my thoughts! Just plaster as much information in as many places as I can :joy:

5 Likes

I think one main source for the information would be the least confusing way to present it. You can link to it, and funnel people towards it, but having one main source for it means everybody has read the same thing, and are then directing people to that very same information, and so on.

At what stage are people getting confused? Knowing that may help target an area that needs bolstering?

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure, that’s why I thought you guys might have some question suggestions. I do think some newbies are getting confused an emailing me after finding my email in the GBRTG (Great Big Review & Testing Guide :joy:). So something in it is confusing :thinking:

1 Like

In the short term, you could add a staff message at the top with something like ^^

Or maybe something like “You can find all our current tester items in Testers

Edit: but it wouldn’t be blue though as the post is too old. :thinking: Though a blockquote above the header might be good enough.

3 Likes

Omg…:joy:

I just wanted to check I wasn’t missing something super simple obvious that isn’t covered :slight_smile: I’ve got a few more to add in now at least :smiley:

4 Likes

I read the guides and the thing I remember being confused by was when to send lingerie measurements;

• do I send them once, now, regardless of whether there is a tester available?
  • do I send them every time I reply to a tester thread?
  • do I send them only if/when I’ve been selected, because you base you user choice on the size they leave in their reply?

It might have just been me, but as an anxious person, it set my frets going :flushed: (daft, I know)

6 Likes

I’ve added it to the main guide :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the Guide as it stands is good, it is not very hard to read and understand and I’m pretty sure if you want to be a tester you’ve got to be willing to read through information about it!

I think having that link in lots of places is the important thing and @Ian_Chimp 's thought of a direct link from the shopping site is a very good one.

Maybe just something at the start saying, “All information you need to join the testing program is here, please only email me directly with your sizing information. Any other questions feel free to ask them in Sex Toy Tester - Chit-Chat where established testers can help guide you.”

7 Likes

Chef’s Kiss

6 Likes