Rant Alert

VirginAngel wrote:

If you weren't happy with the first garage fobbing you off when something was clearly wrong (the lights warnings) why didn't you approach a different garage then?

He told me that as I wasn't losing oil and he couldn't hear the noise, the car was fine. I know nothing about cars so took him at his word. I mean, hes the professional mechanic after all. It wasn't until today that I realised he really did just fob me off.

I know I sound nieve, and I really am. My profession is mental health. I really know nothing about cars. :(

The garage has a care of duty to repair your vehicle to a good working order. tou should be able to take them ( professionals) at their word. You paid them in good faith and have returned to tell them it's still faulty to which again in good faith from the professionals you have taken their advice that it was fine. A cambelt when it has snapped whilst running causes plenty of damage. Valves need replacing, heads need skimming, new gaskets, belt and tensioners. If the valves and timing aren't lined up correctly on repair this will cause major problems that will be apparent almost immediately. Engine management lights will show on your dash which you have said they have. These guys should be responsible for your car plus cambelt a have a life for 40k miles.

I really don't think I have any option but to follow it up with the garage. The car wasnt fit for purpose after the "repairs". Goodness knows what I'm gonna do for transport until I can get this all sorted.
Your advice and support have been so wonderful, Stuburns. Thank you.

@Stuburns I wanted to thank you for your kind words and advice tonight. I've had an awful week, and you really made me feel less alone. You're a truly lovely person.

This will be my last post now. I've got the feeling I'm out of place on this forum. Last thing I want to
do is annoy anyone.

You are welcome lj101.
You posted correctly because if you had put this in the rant post that is already there I probably wouldn't have seen it to reply.
There are plenty of friendly people on this forum that happily give advice and take advice so please make use of it. We are a friendly bunch. x