Rant Thread - Get it all out here

I worked in McDonald’s and honestly people are so rude. I was basically always put on the drive through window so had to deal with people all shift. I’ve since worked out that they put me there because i look enough like a child that most people were uncomfortable yelling at me :joy: i only had 1 customer get really bad and that was after i got the manager (and directed at the manager too). I guess people felt bad being too obnoxious to a seeming child

5 Likes

Aye honestly, I was just staring at him thinking ‘Who the hell do you actually think you are?!’

I’m in vehicle rental so I’m hoping he damages the vehicle so I can whack his full excess and not think twice about it :joy:

2 Likes

There’s a lot of A-holes about, sometimes i despair of the public!

5 Likes

@ChloJakes I am a middle aged twat erm gentleman but struggle why or how people think it’s right to down talk to people whatever the situation it’s shite sorry you have to endure it, it shouldn’t be the case

3 Likes

Exactly, when people are polite you’re more inclined to help them when you can, whereas when they’re a twat you’ll do the bare minimum you have to

6 Likes

to be honest I wouldn’t even do that fook I’m I’d say and use to say to them

3 Likes

My manager was there as well and she couldn’t believe it. I’d spoke to this guy a few days before on the phone and warned her how bad he was. She’s super sarcastic and I love it. He made a sly comment about another company and she just said ‘well you should have stuck with them then’ :joy:

5 Likes

Sweet @ChloJakes

1 Like

Love it when a manager actually has your back!

I used to work in retail and retail management and when someone was nice I’d go out of my way to help them, but if someone had an attitude and was rude and told me I was going to do something for them then if I could not do it, I wouldn’t.

Scour every centimetre of the car! :alien:

2 Likes

@MsSubExperimenter 1000% I try to be nice to everyone, even if they are behaving like an ars*hole as I can usually win them over with my charm, but this guy is a lost cause lol.

Good news, my Chinese arrived and the guys bought me some extras :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hi guys my rant of the day so goes to pick little man up and there is a car parked on the corner of the pavement which adjoins 2 roads. Couldn’t get the scooter round either side unless I went on the road which it was a busy road went to try and get down the other side and scooter got stuck thankfully the owner of the car was still in it so me be me started shouting what the beep are you doing parking there it’s a beeping pavement move your beeping car yes she soon moved and didn’t say a word. Shit Yaris why do people think they can just park anywhere and have both Road privileges and pavement privileges

2 Likes

Poor you @Orgasm_Chaser. The urge to key the hell out of the inconsiderate so and so’s car is strong (I have resisted so far). My mum has a walker or we take her in her wheelchair depending on how she’s feeling so I somewhat understand the frustration.

My road is like an obstacle course with people parking. You can’t actually get to the bottom of the road without going in the road :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It’s funny you should say that honey because I made sure the scooter banged into the driver’s side door whilst I was trying to get passed on the pavement so hopefully fingers crossed might have made a nice little mark for her.

2 Likes

I hate that money can still get you your own way, I’ve lost track of the times I said we shouldn’t be doing something for a customer or they don’t want to through the proper process and been told “they’ve got a lot of business with us, we need to keep them happy/try harder”

3 Likes

The classic “but X are doing a better deal”. Then shop with them instead if that’s the case! :joy:

The guilt tripping that goes on too if you refuse service or a refund or something. “You’ve ruined Xmas now! My kids will go hungry! I can’t afford piano lessons for my dog because of you!” What? :confused:

3 Likes

We actually had a guy bring a pack of chocolate digesives because the crumbs off the bottom layer had attached themselves to the top chocolate layer today! :joy:

2 Likes

Please tell me someone crushed them and threw them at his head??

I think if I had to go back to working with the public in retail now I’d struggle to keep a job! My fuse is a lot shorter than it used to be!

4 Likes

No, but i said i would have eaten them on front of him if it was me! Obviously that was a necessary trip out!

3 Likes

Did you use superglue and give the pack back?

I really sympathise with those who work with rude members of the general public.
But sometimes passive aggression and / or sarcasm goes over their heads…

What would happen if you just stopped and played it straight and said, ‘I’m sorry to stop you, but do you realise how rude / unreasonable you are being to me?’. That can work… occasionally.

(I have worked in a fast food chain as a student - some people can place ridiculous orders. ‘A burger without the bun’ being a favourite - when it was delivered the person realised they just meant without the relish…
I’ve also worked as a children’s shoe fitter - toddlers being brought in asleep in their parent’s arms for their first pair of shoes was not unusual. We were to be quiet and not wake them, let alone try shoes on and get them to stand up to feel around their toes…)

3 Likes

Here’s one…knobheads picking up an item of fresh food, then reaching the freezer section and deciding they’d rather buy the frozen equivalent. They them dump the fresh product in the freezer because they can’t be arsed to put the fresh product back. We then have to bin it. Tantamount to shoplifting! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes