Rant Thread - Get it all out here

Thanks for the positive words @Alyssa646 @Green_Eyed_Girl and @Silkyhat

I’ve been struggling with alcohol for a long time, drinking daily for the better part of 8 years…

Only recently has it become clear that it’s not doing any favours for me or our family… So I’m working on kicking the habit.

So far it’s been a week and I’ve gone from drinking 60cans a week, down to 30.

Alot of research ive read said it can be quite dangerous to quit cold turkey, so I’m just working on it bit by bit…

Just doesn’t help when it seems everything is going wrong… makes fighting the urges that much harder…

6 Likes

It sounds like you’re making amazing progress cutting down, and you’re right quitting most things cold turkey tends to be dangerous, especially after so long.

This might sound like an odd suggestion but if you can, upping your water intake might also help (or even something like juice). That way it’d help flush your system a little faster and also it could help with the action of drinking (like how smokers sometimes use lollipops or other things to simulate the action of smoking a cigarette).

Regardless, i hope you’re doing ok, things will look up eventually

4 Likes

As you have already said just going cold turkey when giving up alcohol can be
quite dangerous and is not recommended.If you have not already done so search
your area for the local Community Drug and Alcohol Team as they will be able to
help you with kicking the habit.

2 Likes

And I’ve already slipped…

Time for the first drink was 8pm but it was a terrible week, so Friday at 6pm the first drink was had…

And now I’m on drink #7, the plan is 4 a night!!!

I’m feeling very Eric banner, and the Hulk at the moment… wanting another, yet hating myself for having this many…

Might start a thread in the off topic section so I’m not clogging up this with my own personal battle’s…

I also like the idea of having a somewhat diary that I can reflect on and see positive reinforcement from you Lovely bunch.

It’s ok to have slips, they happen to everyone amd recovery unfortunately isn’t linear. Just try not to have anymore tonight, try doing something else to distract yourself and cheer yourself up a bit maybe? Even if it’s just watching cute animal videos on YouTube or something

It’ll be ok, just don’t let a slip ruin the progress you’ve made. Slips are ok as long as you don’t let it become a downward spiral. You’re own topic is a good idea too :blush:

5 Likes

When first reading I thought you put 60 cans a day :see_no_evil: an absolute pleasure, alcohol is such a bad drug but because it’s legal lots and lots of people dismiss it n think it’s okay to drink cos the law says so. I always remember this one guy from the streets, he was alot older than I was at the time n he had an alcohol problem which had led to him leaving his teaching job (I don’t know the reasons.) Not just his career but also his wife, children, car n even his house. This fella had nothing at all. It was when the lightbulb went off, anybody can end up homeless, doesn’t matter how happy n comfortable we are it soon creeps up n bites you on the bum. I dispise when people judge homeless people as everybody is somebody n comes from somewhere. It don’t matter how much money people have it can come crashing down from drink, drugs, mental health illnesses.

Anyways that’s excellent reducing your alcohol intake by half I hope you’re proud cos you blady well ought to be bab :ok_hand::smirk: yeah cold turkey can be very dangerous after drinking daily for so long. Could you go to the drs? As they have drug’s they can give you to help you stop,they are blockers so I believe you’ll get poorly if you drink on top of them. The other thing is you have to give up many products that have alcohol in them. Just take it at your own pace whatever that may be n we’re always here fya :ok_hand::sparkling_heart:

Edit. You’re going to slip up everybody who’s in recovery does so please don’t punish yourself at all, that’s very important as punishing yourself will lead you to deep/er depression. I’m routing for you, as is everyone here :ok_hand:

3 Likes

@AshhhDTD you’re doing great! Don’t beat yourself up when slips happen, just get back on it……and carry on. One day at a time, bit by bit. As long as the general trend goes in the right direction you’ll get where to you want to be.
Also, I would gently suggest you get as much help and support as you can, from every direction possible. It’s not easy to do on your own.
Are there any low-alcohol brands you like? (Or at least, can tolerate?) They can help when you just want the taste but know you should not have more. Works for some.
@Ace12345’s suggestion to drink lots of water is spot on too - it will support your liver and flush out toxins.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re struggling @AshhhDTD, I really wish you the best mate :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

You’re doing so well @AshhhDTD, don’t let a bump in the journey stop your progress.

I echo what others here have said, we’re also here to support you remotely, but having some real life support would also most likely be beneficial.

2 Likes

Bit of a weird one, been looking through some old threads and found one I commented on regarding circumcision preference, I myself have had a partial circumcision when I was 16 as confirmed by a urologist I recently saw due to not been happy about it and lack of information on what type i had done as was never told if I’d had a partial or full or the style etc.
I am frustrated and annoyed with myself that I read a few anti circ posts by what I presume were anti circ trolls and I wound up getting really angry and annoyed and letting this get into my head at the lies that were been spread to most likely make circumcised men feel insecure and inferior which to me is body shaming and I find such behavior sick.
It’s taken me a very long time to try and be comfortable with my penis and not think it’s damaged/mutilated like most people say on the internet who also like to refer it to been as bad as FGM, I know i am in a very tiny minority in the UK with this status but I don’t deserve to be made to feel inferior or that I can’t offer what non circumcised men can.
I do feel isolated and alone a lot of the time over this and I may have developed some kind of body dysmorphia as in my head I feel I am going to be judged and receive negativity over it if anyone sees it and I will be viewed as a downgrade/inferior to non circumcised men.
I will leave it there, very weird thing to post I know but i just desperately want to be happy and not carry this emotional baggage over the circumcision any more, it’s harmed my mental health so bad I wanted to take my life at times as I just could not deal with it and the fall out from reading anti circ propaganda.

2 Likes

@Metalfanatic87 that’s terrible.
No-one should ever be made to feel bad about having been circumcised. At all, but especially if it was for medical reasons. Surely having this quite minor op, that is a totally normal thing, is far better than suffering lifelong consequences, maybe impaired kidney or urinary function?
Also I think there are quite a lot of circumcised men in the uk. It’s not as common here as in the US but you are not in a tiny minority, just a minority.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for the kind words it did make me smile.

The reason I got it done was quite embarrassing, I didn’t know about washing downstairs properly and from what I remember it did feel very tight, I was too scared to try and retract it in case it hurt a lot if I tried, I do regret asking for it and feel I should of sorted the issue myself, I didn’t know about how sensitive inner foreskin is and losing nerve endings and how it might harm sexual pleasure I was too young to know any of that, apparently they say you lose up to 20,000 nerve endings, I would hate to of lost all that.

Yes I am in a minority sadly but should of thought if that before wanting it done, this probably sounds weird but having had a circumcision I feel a lot of sex tips etc don’t apply to me as I’m missing a very sensitive part of my genitals and I won’t be able to feel the same sensations/enjoy sex the natural way so essentially I’m missing out on pleasure I can’t get.

I am sort of at a dead end with this as I can’t regrow what I lost so maybe just got to accept been alone with no chance of ever been able to enjoy a sexual relationship with anyone.

Sorry for the over depressing reply, this is the root cause of my depression I think about this ever day, it’s like carrying giant weight around that I can never get off.

I’m circumcised, and I still have a fantastic time with mine when Mrs Chimp (or anyone, to be honest :slightly_smiling_face:) has a little play with him. Mine was done when I was about 18 ish for medical reasons (too tight), and was probably exacerbated by having no one explain penises to me in any great detail. :slightly_smiling_face:

No idea if I’ve got a full or half-Nelson, but there’s no foreskin movement at all, so maybe a full one? Either way, I’m quite happy with it all. :+1:

I did read on here about a little cock-sock you can pop on the end to get some sensitivity back, though I haven’t tried it myself. I’ll have a little root around and see if I can dig it out.

Edit: Here it is:

Adult circumcision - #21 by Bearjamin

4 Likes

I think any arguments against circumcision on the forum were based on it being performed on babies for religious/hygiene reasons. If you were of an age to decide yourself for whatever reason i doubt many would have a problem with it.

3 Likes

I see @Ian_Chimp is replying and probably has this covered but please don’t worry you’re missing out - the brain is your biggest sex organ and that’s still there!!
Sensation does change to some extent after circumcision but it doesn’t go away. You will still enjoy sex just as much afterwards, I promise, and your partners will also enjoy it. I’m sure you will get lots of helpful comments from people with circumcised penises on here but really if it changed things sexually that much, no-one would do it! Ever!

1 Like

And another thing: your brain is very good at rewiring itself to pay increased attention to the nerve endings you still have. So over time you will get as much fun out of other parts of the genitals being stimulated as you ever got from the part formerly covered with foreskin. That’s just how humans are.
It sounds like your circumcision was fairly recent, is that the case? If so, you could still be adapting.
Give it time, and as long as you’re fully healed this is an excellent time to explore yourself and find out what you now like.

2 Likes

@Metalfanatic87 My OH is circumcised and we have a fantastic sex life, and he had lots of fun before meeting me. It’s never hindered him in any way and I, frankly, love his penis more than any other I’ve experienced. I also think circumcision is a lot more common than you think. I hope your stresses around this ease soon x

4 Likes

Thank you find the kind words, actually it was 18 years ago when I was circumcised, I never had sex before it as I was only 16 so no idea if it would of felt a lot better if I’d had sex before my circumcision.

A lot of stuff on the internet does say sex is a lot more intense and better if you are not circumcised but I wouldn’t be able to say how much truth that holds if any.

I just don’t want any of these things about it killing all your nerve endings to be true, that’s what scares me the most.

Mine was roughly 20 years ago too. The first few months were ‘different’, but I’d say it’s been pretty stable sensation-wise for the rest of it?

Obviously bodies do change as we age, but so far everything is working perfectly for me. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been circumcised since I was like 3-4 months old… due to a medical condition were my foreskin was to tight and wouldn’t allow me to wee, and my wee would go back into my bladder and mess with my kidneys,

So I’ve never known anything different, and now at 30 I’ve got to say I imagine I have just as much feeling and pleasure as the next guy , so I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about,

Plus I have always thought of them to be quite off putting and every partner I have ever had (30+) has never said anything about it…

Just gotta stop over thinking it my man @Metalfanatic87 :+1:

2 Likes