Reviewing problem

Is anyone else having this problem reviewing?

In the "quick glance" boxes - where you put what you liked, didn't like and overall I'm finding it's telling me I'm over 15 words when I'm spot on or only just under? I don't know if it's counting puncuation or something but I want to write as much as possible in those boxes - I already had to really tweak my words for one of my recent testers and I'm writing up a review for another but I really don't want to compromise again!

Can anyone help?

Adx

That happened to me before too. The only reason I could think of was that I'd used and apostrophe and they'd counted it as two words (e.g. don't as don & t). Can't remember if I tested my theory out or not though sorry...

Yeah, have had that a few times now. Firefox 3.6.11 here, if that matters.

BashfulBabe wrote:

Yeah, have had that a few times now. Firefox 3.6.11 here, if that matters.

I was on IE when I wrote the review - I even copied it over to word to check it was 15 words!

I guess it must be punctuation - I found a word I could delete so I did that this time but at least hopefully someone will read this and tell us how to avoid the issue in the future - always been fine with other punctuation but maybe it's apostrophes.

Adx

I'd like more than 15words... sometimes its hard to sum it up!! maybe an option with 15 words & best bits bullet points or something?! some people dont want to read the whole review to know what the best bits and worst bits are..?!

I agree it should be 20 words. Can never fit in proper sentences :-p I've been having a problem with the main review box as when I get to the bottom I can type but it won't automatically scroll down. I do it manually but as soon as I start typing it spazzes (technical term) to the top of the box again so I can't see what I'm writing properly!

Wizzie86 wrote:

I agree it should be 20 words. Can never fit in proper sentences :-p I've been having a problem with the main review box as when I get to the bottom I can type but it won't automatically scroll down. I do it manually but as soon as I start typing it spazzes (technical term) to the top of the box again so I can't see what I'm writing properly!

I agree about the 20 words. It usually ends up in some mangled text speak to fit everything.

Ad had that with the text box. I think she just typed in notepad and pasted.

Wizzie86 wrote:

I had this issue too! I had to write my review elsewhere first, it was driving me mad seeing it keep flickering!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Wizzie86 wrote:

I had this issue too! I had to write my review elsewhere first, it was driving me mad seeing it keep flickering!

Adx

Lovehoney, I beg of you, tell me what to do to stop the main review box flickering???!!!

I've experienced the same thing as Ad & Wizzie many a time and in the end I sometimes just shorten what I have to say just to be able to move onto the next page and stop the flickering!!! Makes in-depth review writing quite difficult! I wasn't sure how to explain it, but Wizzies 'technical term' sums it up!!!

The review box thing has only recently happened to me but boy was it annoying, I am rubbish at typing and spelling so always double check myself but it took ages to write one review because of it. Like Ad I had to write my next review somewhere else then copy and paste to the box.

Flickering?! I've not had that one?? I'm on Safari so maybe its a browser thing?

LH??

Hi all, could you let us know which browsers you're using (I see I.E. and Safari)? Or could you send glitches in via the contact form http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/contact-us/ (We're not fobbing you off - it just gives us a lot of technical information to work with).

I'm on explorer x