Problems submitting reviews

I'm sooo frustrated just spent two hours maybe more typing a massive review. Tried to submit it and it asks me for the product name which I attempted to write but there wasn't enough characters, I tried to shorten it but it came up "unlisted", so after that failure I tried again, tweeked my review slightly making improvements and what do you know, the same thing happens again 😠

Honestly two hours odd of my life I spent trying to submit those reviews for it not to world bloody hitting πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

Has anybody else came across this problem?

Nothing like that, although have submitted a review last month that for some reason never made it.

When I used to have a dodgy network I used to have an issue where my browser timed out, so since then I always type up the review in word, then copy it across. Have about 100 odd saved docs ap far as too lazy to delete once the review is live!

Arh that's ashame. It's frustrating when you put the effort in and the reviews disappear. Did you ever find out what happened to it or her it back?.

I thought my network might be playing up again but just done a check on the phone and it's all in perfect working order so it's not that. As soon as I read your post I checked my network thinking that may well be the problem.

I've still got the review ready to submit if there's a way around it but idk. Don't fancy another hour re-typing for it to happen again. Lol.

Oh I set up word the other day and tried to make documents but I've not got the foggiest how to do it. Lol. I didn't even get to type a letter πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚ πŸ’œxx

Did you try to enter the review via the product page?

Were live chat help unable to assist?

I've had this, had to open a new tab and copy and paste the title, but yes, only let's you put so much in. Mine have all been accepted, but I think it has something to do with the session timing out because these have been secret item reviews, I've had the direct link in my account, so the product name is already there, but then asks for it later.

Yeah entered it through the product page Nat πŸ’œxx

I spoke to livechat and Paige was lovely and told me to try again using another browser, which I did but same again 😭 then I went back in love chat and the lass told me to try another day. So didn't get very far, but livechat were lovely as always Sub πŸ‘πŸ’œxx

Violet - yeah at first when I start the review the product names there. Then when I go to turn page it's asking me to fill the product name in.

I tell you what, that sounds spot on about the session timing out brcause i went onto next page after 50 words just to check it was still working and it never asked 4 product name. How long dya get before it times out, any idea? I tried to copy and paste it just there but my browser doesn't want to paste, and to add insult to injury when I went back to my review it was gone 😭😭 but I've got the first review on another device so maybe I'll be able to do something with that if that doesn't disappear too!

Maybe the review team would let me post it under a different product name and move it onto the correct product. It's worth a try πŸ‘πŸ’œxx

Not really going to help your current situation I know, but if you have a gmail acount you could always use google drive to write your reviews. It's a lot easier to figure out than word, you just open up a google doc and work away, still has auto save and spell check features which are always handy and of course your reviews are then backed up on google drive so no worries about losing them. You can download an app to your phone too (if compatible of course) to view/edit your docs on the go. Tis an easy way to work on reviews across multiple devices and then it's quick and easy to copy/paste it onto the review page when you're done :)

I gave up trying to write the reviews directly into the product pages a long time ago, seems if you take any longer than the length of time it takes to copy/paste and re-read what you've written the page times out and poof! So yeah, I know your pain, but the only solution I found was to write them elsewhere then copy them across.

I think Alicia had the same problem the other day, I believe she posted about it on the Glitches thread so you might find the solution to fix it there x

I usually write my reviews in google docs and save them there so if there's a glitch I can aways go back and submit the review later. I've heard of people losing reviews to different glitches.

Lovebirds, thanks so much for the tip about drive and docs. I've just set it up and checked out the features it looks impressive. Ive got tit set up so i can write them wherever i am, if im out and asbout so thats brilliant. So I'll start on my reviews again tomorrow and with them being backed up I'll never lose them again... Fantastic! It'll be great working on reviews at my own leisure. I will have to check my other mobile to see if its got the apps so I can use it on tghe go too, as my useless tablets app store is a joke, thre app store on theres no good as there's barely a app that's any use which is frustrating. I'll have to invest in another branded one pronto!

Oh no, you feel my pain too 😟 its a nightmare when the reviews disappear into thin air after putting so much effort into them, and the review I attempted was the longest to date, Im not a natural writer so it takes me ages and I have been putting alot of effort into the reviews of late.

Thanks sooo much for the great advice hunni, it's going to be extremely beneficial to me and others having the same problem πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ’ xx

Nat, I checked and posted on the glitches thread too and I seen Alecias and Ouch had the exact same problems. I think they'll look for a fix, as I seen a reply about 'a ticket being raised' for Ouchs, as she'd attempted her review four times 😟

Thanks for point in Me in the right direction hunni πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ’–xx

Alecia, its defiantly a glitch then. I'm super glad yours got sorted out. I've just been reading your reviews and enjoyed doing so πŸ‘

I work from my phone as I've no need to buy a laptop with having a few other devices, however as I just said my kindles not got word, which i find ludicrous! So yeah I'm going tgo do the exact same and work on word document and copy and paste from there. Happy days! Cheers for your post hunni πŸ˜˜πŸ’–xx

Helleven, that's the plan to go on weod docs. I wish I'd known about the glitch prior to writing the review. Cheers for your input πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ’xx

HelloΒ 

I am sorry you seem to be having issues, as many have said saving a copy is always good as with anything web based things can happen and gremlins get invloved from time to time. Even I save a doc of my reviews.Β 

So there are 3 ways to submit a review .

First one is on the product page, this is explained in the review postΒ . You simply use the 'Write a review' link on the actual item page. This is located near the ratings & other reviews.Β 

Secondly we have the standard review pageΒ . This is page is when you need to type in the product and occasionaly it will not link up. We then link it up upon reviewing the review.Β 

Third way is via a link in your account if it is a tester item. This will be set up as an order and under it will state 'write your review'.

Sounds like the issues you are facing is with option 2 and the item name not linking. The best way to submit a review is on the actual item page you want to feedback on. This way it is already linked to a product. Of course for secret testers this can not be done so option one or three has to be actioned unless we state otherwise.Β 

Hope this helpsΒ ![smiley|20x20](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif "smiley")

Alicia4Ever wrote:

I had the same problem Leanne, you fixed it the other day, I don't know if you saw my reply to your question about where I posted my review from. I just used the link in your post above, for the standard review, to see if it was the page I was taken to, and that was the page I was taken to after I clicked next on the review page, having finished my review. I did my review via the link on the product page; which has the product name already at the top, when you get to the review page.

I Just had to search the home page to find the link to the standard review page, I know I didn't use the link, because I never even knew it existed until now. So your system must have another glitch, that jumps peoples finshed reviews to the standard review page as they try to move to step 2 in the review process.

Strange as I have managed to do some test reviews on product pages with no issues. Also there has not been any unusual amount of items unlinked to reviews.

It may be worth clearing cookies before reviewing again. The system may be recognising another past review that was submitted and jumping the page. 

Let me know how you get on with the next one :) 

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for your informative response, it's very much appreciated.

There's no need to apolagise, It's just one of those things. Technology is the best and worst thing in the world, as it can be brilliant or it can be a darn nightmare . There's not much worse than tech stress! I think that's the best idea saving a copy in word and copying and pasting it over (if I can work out how πŸ˜‚)

I went directly to the product page and hit 'write a review', so if I'm picking you up correctly that's option one? Because I tested it out in the second attempt, I wrote fifty words and went to the next page no problems, then went to 'edit review' on the final page where you can read it back. So I'm not sure what's going on. I always clear cookies too, I'm so paranoid about being hacked lol I'm constantly clearing my browser data so that cannot have ought to do with it either.

When I went to live chat and got to chat to Paige she attempted a review and it went through no problems. From what I can gather it seems if you take too long on the review it makes you list the product, like the session times out.

Thanks for all the information, it's verymuch appreciated and the links are handy too. I'll go with the back up option in future as it's definitely the safest way to go for now πŸ‘πŸ˜™πŸ’Ÿxx