Rocky horror picture show

Hope this is the right place.

The other half and I are talking about going to see Rocky horror picture show again but she’s dead set on dressing up. I have no idea who or what to wear.
Ideas, hints & tips all welcome lol

P.s if anyone has dressed up before and does my mind sharing please again feel free ( forum guidelines in mind)

Thanks

4 Likes

A basque and some stockings are a popular choice.

1 Like

Seen it a few times in the 80’s, didn’t dress up (cos i was still living at home and don’t think my dad would have approved!) but plenty did! Most of the blokes had stockings and heels on, with either a basque or suit jacket, shirt and tie above the waist!
If i did nowadays i probably would dress up. If you’re worried about travelling, you could always put joggers over the stockings and put the heels on once there!

I have read that due to health and safety you can no longer participate by throwing Bounty or Kit Kats on stage or use a water pistol! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve been before. Once went down the safe route and dressed as Brad but then the second time I went full on Frankenfurter a black leather basque, suspenders and wig. Finding heels in a size 10 was bloody hard work! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Yes agree with the other posts @Bigiain

A basque…fishnets…a wig…and heels.

Not too expensive either. Try bordello shoes they do them in all sizes and are really comfortable to walk in.

Whatever you choose you’ll enjoy it as once you’re there and see everyone dressed up it’ll make the experience even better.

Good luck and enjoy

1 Like

I love love love :heart_eyes: rocky horror, cos of my brother. We’ve been to so many, and one of the show’s up London Richard O’Brien was there and we got to meet him :star_struck:
Me and my brother always dress up, and we always go as a different character each time we go. And can’t wait to go again

2 Likes

I went as Frankenfurter, got a ladder in my stocking so embarrassing :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Love love love Rocky Horror! Been 4 times, stockings/fish nets and skimpy dress you’re pretty much good to go. The one time we didn’t dress up (first time) felt like proper outsiders haha!

2 Likes

There’s always some sights in the queues with loads of blokes in flasher macs with stockings on… Go for it basques, stockings and heels

Haha depends how far out you wanna go I guess :joy: the safe option would be to dress up like Brad or a guest from the time warp scene… if wanting more crazy then go full out lingerie!!

I think it has to be basque, stockings etc. The show is great and you will not be the only ones dressing up.

Don’t go safe go for the black basque or corset route heels and hold ups / fish nets . Get the razor out to experience the shaved legs and hold ups / fresh bed sheets feeling in the same night :rofl:

2 Likes

You can let your OH down and not dress in the theme. Charity shops can be good places to find large sized heels… get the gear on and go for it
The sex when you get back home could be really hot.!!!

1 Like

That will be sooooo much fun :star_struck: I’ve never seen Rocky Horror but would love to go and see it. I imagine the atmosphere will be amazing. How dressed up are you willing to go? If it was me and my husband going I would encourage him to go full on sexy basque, stockings and heels :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’ve wanted to go a showing for so long, the film is responsible for my fetish for men in stockings, hope you have a fun tine. As others have said plenty of costume options depending on how far you want to take it, i"m sure whatever you wear you won’t be the most outrageous there.

3 Likes

I went a few years back, I was the only one out of our little group dressed up, but once we got to the theatre they were then in the minority!

@Bigiain

It sounds amazing! I have never been but would absolutely love to go!!

You should really embrace dressing up with your other half and just enjoy the experience! Even if it’s out of your normal comfort zone why not go all out basque, stockings, killer heels the lot! :high_heel:

2 Likes

We have been a few times before and both times said “should have dressed up”

I’m thinking the narrator, so purple velvet smoking jacket, suspenders and fishnets

The other half keeps saying she’ll go as frankenfurter in the fishnets, corset and big green over coat

I did also think of going as meatloaf (rocky) but not sure as I say lol

I’ve chocolate ankles so it’ll be shoes, no heels for me.

I’m going with my parents in a few weeks. I don’t think where dressing up!

1 Like

Love Rocky Horror! Went to see it with my parents and partner - i did dress up but not like i would now! Almost everyone was dressed up and not everyone was in risque (think Brad and Janets normal outfits) but if you were scantily clad noone would bat an eyelid anyway. Most were in corsets/basques/bustiers with fishnets :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes