??Safe words??... is it normal to have them?

Im just curious if its normal for a couple to have safe words...? Ive been with my man for a short while now and have started exploring each other. ive descovered he is very strong and it makes me really uncomfortable that if I wanted to i couldnt escape his arms i physicly cant... Not that i want to :P It just plays on the back of my mind as im not your usual girl, as im used to being the one able to hold a guy down.

The thought came to me last time we where intamite as he got a little carried away and pissed me off...

any advice?

Hey TheMeCrowd

I've moved your thread to the 'Sex Tips & Talk' section of the forum as it fits better in that category and is more likely to receive some replies. 

As for your situation, I think a safe word is a great idea for all sorts of sexual exploits... Not just BDSM based ones, but in most instances outside of the BDSM world, the word 'Stop' should be more than sufficient.

I think discussing how you felt last time you got intimate with your partner would be the best way to go about things. Did you tell him you didn't like what he was doing last time? As much as it's his responsibility to listen to you if you stay stop, it's your responsibility to actually say stop, and not just expect him to 'know'. He's not a mind reader :) 

As with everything, communication is key - so make sure you're talking to one another about your likes and dislikes.