Secret Gifting

Ok, so as most of you know, myself and my husband are still quite new to the LH world, especially the forums. Am I right in thinking that gifting an item in secret was at one time an option on LH, I’m assuming this as that’s normally what a ‘wishlist’ would be for. But I’m guessing its now been removed for whatever reason? I’m curious as there are a couple of members I would have loved to send a secret gift too without them knowing but I’m guessing that’s no longer an option, right?

5 Likes

I do love this idea! A bit like secret Santa. Should be something here where can send gifts but have a limit. I recon it would be pretty popular! 😃

It was a thing, but sadly no longer. Here's the old thread:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/i-got-a-pressie-part-5/257320/

1 Like

It's a shame it is away, I used to like reading how happy people got when receiving secret gifts. Was a good heart felt moment.

Yeah, it was a thing and though I never actually took part in it, I can see why it may have appealed.

It was a lovely thing. I think it was stopped around the time of the new data laws. It would be good if it could be restarted

1 Like

I was just thinking about the French Maid’s outfit that @Smultron gifted me (though I did give it Mrs Chimp :slightly_smiling_face:) as I was compiling my Big Lovehoney List. Thank you again. :+1: (and for the dildo, and blow job stroker as well, actually :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

That link isn’t working above. I’ll put a fresh one in: (I’ll aim it somewhere in the middle)

1 Like

It’s such a shame something like this had to be abandoned due to Data Protection.

Can’t have anything nice…

You’d think there could be some sort of Opt In box they could do to gather the permissions.

I think it’s been gone about 2 years now. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

This was from just one week of gifting (though admittedly a busy one :slightly_smiling_face:).

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp, begin the ‘vote for the bring back’. :smile:

3 Likes

Who wants Lovehoney to bring Gifting back?

• I do!
  • I don’t

0 voters

But bear in mind that I have zero sway. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think it would be a great idea. Obviously you could opt into it…but your address is saved onto your LH account anyway so to gift couls be quite simple.
Click to gift to xxxxx person…pay as normal amd its sent to the recipients address. Unless i’m being thick.

1 Like

That’s what it used to be (or near enough), but then they withdrew it. This is what Leanne said at the time:

Hang on. I got the wrong quote. No, I can’t find the one I was thinking of. But here’s the best I could rustle up: :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

I’ll be straight up and honest here. The only reason I want this is so I have the option to send this to @Ian_Chimp. I feel this is a bit of him. But with no option to do so and the surprise now spoilt, it will never come to pass.

Jokes aside though, there really is quite a few people here I would love the chance to send some sexy mystery items too :blush:

7 Likes

Probably for the best. It looks a bit big for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Aw just seeing all the old names makes me reminisce about those days. I’d love for gifting to come back!

1 Like

I think another option, like buying people loyalty/Oh! points might be better.

2 Likes

@David1986H I would send you a blow up doll to hide under bed. Just make sure you don’t drop anything on the floor for your parents to pick lol!

1 Like