Sensitive massage oil

Hi all My wife has sensitive skin so finding massage oil for her is difficult. Has anyone used any for sensitive skin, can you point me in the right direction please Thanks

I'm afraid I don't know much about this, but do you know which ingredients she's sensitive to? Or are there any skincare/bodycare products she uses already that you know are okay?

If she is super senstive I would recommend using base oils (Grapeseed, Avacado, Almond etc.) as these are generally okay on sensitive skin. Although if she has a nut allergy avoid nut based oils :)

Not an oil, but Liquid Silk lube can be used for massage.

I have allergies to chemicals so I can't burn candles (unless they're they're specifically for massage like the ones Lovehoney sells) or use air fresheners etc.

When I have a bad flare and need a bit of massage OH uses Liquid Silk. It's not as sensuous as some of the scented oils but does the trick and doesn't upset me.

Brenna's right. Some natural oils aren't as natural as they seem (some cheaper ones set me off straight away), but the base oils are great. Buy a good quality version and try the pure 'branded' oils to add a scent. Neal's Yard have never upset me. Buy base oils in samller quantities unless you go through a lot as they can go rancid quite quickly (jojoba is one of the quickest to spoil).

Hope your wife gets her lovely massage soon.

Even some essential oils can cause irritation, as well as artificial fragrance. Citrus, peppermint etc are known for it. Lavender might be more soothing - a quick google will suggest others. I agre with VR about Neals Yard and with Brenna about sticking to base oils - even a light olive oil. Also, if your wife has a favourite moisturiser you could use that.

I've made massage oils at home using, as Brenna suggested, a mix of Avacado oil and Grapeseed. The Avacado oil on its own can be a bit heavy and greasy so its good to mix it with soething like Grapeseed. Essential oils like lavendar, ylang-ylang and Bergaot are one I have used.

Neither of us have suffered any reaction to the oil but I'd advise maybe testing usng the base oils first. Dont test the essential oils directy on the skin, maybe just a few drops in a about 200ml of oil to start with once you know the base oil is good.

A quick online search will give you ideas of base oils and mixtures to make up.

Have you tried virgin coconut oil? Like lots of natural products it spoils eventually but jars are cheap enough. Good for our sensitive skin. You can use the excess up in cooking too. 😋