Sex is hurting

Just wanted to say good luck with your new purchases! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I mean, if you’re going to reply you should probably just use words. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

True! But you know the saying…a picture is worth a thousand words! :wink:

1 Like

Both can be misinterpreted I guess…

1 Like

@CurvyJilly34F In what way?

Or was that deliberately cryptic to fit the point? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

An update:
Thank you all for your understanding and suggestions.

Since I first posted I’ve increased the Vagifem and started using a kegel set. I’ve remembered to use new lube and also insertable toys when I’m by myself rather than simply reaching for a quick-fix clit vibe.

Last night OH and I smouldered our way through a dressing up photo session and then had a fantastic time together - no pain, which was the confidence boost I needed, so out came some new toys and the bj mints :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hopefully it was just a bump in the road, and I’ve learned not to take my hands off the wheel for too long!

10 Likes

? Is that a thing? :blush:

1 Like

That’s good news. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@MsR I’m so glad everything’s moving in the right direction! :smile:

1 Like

good to hear things are improving. I meant to add earlier that I’ve also starting taking a sea buckthorn oil supplement (omega7) which is meant to help with lubrication of all mucus membranes (so should help with dry eye etc as well).

a combination of ovestin, organic lube & this has helped me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So glad things have improved for you. My wife is suffering like you but is reluctant to try any possible solutions.

Yes. Literally, or in this case, metaphorically. Sex lives being a journey and so on…

1 Like

Happy birthday! (You have a cake symbol by your username?).

I’m not suffering - life brings glitches and this was one I thought I had sorted. It’s ok and I can sort it again.

If your wife could talk to her GP she might find lots on offer to help her feel more comfortable, quite aside from sex. She might find some of the ideas on this thread helpful.

@susan50 thanks for the tip - I’ll check out omega 7. The omega oils tend to be good when it comes to keeping our systems going.

yes, I take a vegan omega 3 also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you MsR, I am trying to get her to try some of the recommendations and that includes the GP. I think all the comments have been useful and have found the forum to be very informative.

3 Likes

This is great news @MsR, onwards, upwards and pain free!

And also, because today you have a cake - Happy Birthday! :tada::balloon::birthday: (I will also pop a little post in Happy Birthday thread but seen here first)

2 Likes

Glad to hear thing are better MsR.

2 Likes

So good to hear your news, MsR.

I also enjoyed reading your review on the Motion Lotion oil-based lube and will be ordering (despite being about to try the water-based version later tonight!).

Do you think that’s helped or has that just been a lovely product to use? I’ve not tried a silicone or oil-based lube before. I’ve been a bit reluctant to - despite Mr Chimp’s reassuring coconut oil and silicone toys experiments. (I’m such a wimp!)

I have the odd ‘bump in the road’ now and then where I need a little help when it comes to my natural lubrication but generally, I don’t actually need lube. However, it’s the one thing that makes everything better when it comes to sex so I always use and recommend it. I’ve had bad experiences with natural lubes so stick to Lovehoney’s Enjoy or Discover or Liquid Silk, however, I’m really looking forward to trying this range.

3 Likes

We got the intimate wash. Mrs Chimp has only used it a few times so far (so stay tuned for the full review :slightly_smiling_face:), but she said she feels noticeably fresher for longer. :+1:

1 Like