Sex Toy / Product Testing - Experiences

Hi, unfortunately we have not been selected to test a product yet. I wanted to know is there anything other than reviewing past purchases and obtaining forum badges that we can do to boost our profile?

Also, what is the process like for reviewing a product?

2 Likes

From viewing your profile it doesn’t look like you have been on here that long. It can take months to be selected. 100s of people apply for the testers so it can take a while to get selected. If you have written between 7-10 well written reviews and you apply for things that you can test then that’s all you can do. I don’t think your profile on here as nothing to do with being selected but it is a good forum so worth sticking around.

5 Likes

There is nothing you can do to influence selection apart from continuing to write good reviews about products you have purchased.

The process itself is simple enough.

You request to review a product via Brenna’s post on the forum.

You will be notified by email if you are selected.

You receive the product in the usual way.

You test it thoroughly.

You write your review within the allowed timescale either on the website if it is a catalogue item or, if it is a secret tester item, via a link that will be sent to you.

4 Likes

Thanks - how many products have you tested?

I tested a dozen or so of my purchases before I was chosen as a tester.

I have not kept count of the items I have been chosen to test for LH but it must be 20 to 30 I would guess. Some costing a few pounds, others costing close to ÂŁ200 and everything in between.

3 Likes

Nice - how long have you been doing so?

2 1/2 years.

Just in case you’ve not read it, all the info you need to know is in The Great Big Review and Testing Guide Have you reviewed Lovehoney items that you already own? They don’t have to be bought directly from the website, they could be bought from other sites that sell the products.

Have a read of the thread My Reviews to get an idea of the detail that people put into reviews. I’ve seen some 1 line reviews that really just tell me that the person liked it or not. Reviews really help sell the item for me, I know whether it’s going to be something I’ll enjoy by what people say. I’ll know with lingerie whether it fits true to size or if I should get a smaller/bigger size.
Also from knowing a bit about members on the forum, I’ll trust what they say in a review because I know they don’t review to give a good review but to give an honest review. I always read reviews on the products I’m considering.

1 Like

We have only recently been reviewing items but like the majority have said on here, make sure you have read through the guide and have plenty of live review. Your reviews don’t have to be of what was purchased from LH as long as they are sold here pop a review up :grin:. When/if you do get picked for a review make sure there are plants of details no spelling mistakes and stay away from being too “sexy” with it! No intimate details of how they were tested ect!
Last of all be patient Brenna reads through and will pick the people who give the better more in depth reviews :wink:

It does take time. Even “regular” testers might only get an item every other month. I have been quite lucky to be chosen.

Keep an eye out for the tester threads that brenna posts. Dont just put that you will test anything/everything, choose things you will actually enjoy.
Write good in depth reviews within the deadline and dont get down if you dont get chosen.
Might be hit and miss sometimes but just keep trying and be consistent

This is a good point, Brenna says in her posts that she won’t pick people who say anything because thats not how she searches through the thread. You need to actually specify what you want to test, even if it is all of them but put them in an order of preference.

So many times I see people saying they’d love to test any of them and I think you’re not going to get any of them because you’ve not read the post properly!

4 Likes

Thanks all - Much appreciated!