Sex Toys - Great choices about now, but what about years ago?

To me, as far as I recall, there wasn't much of a choice around at least 15 years ago when it came to sex toys?

My first vibe was a basic 5 inch, and I had a HUGE clumsy butterfly that never really did much for me, the basic vibe seemed so good back then (probably as there was much less choice back then).

I know we have amazing vibes and toys to choose from now, but what does everyone else recall about their first sex toys from a long time ago? Amazing, good or not so good?

I'm only 22, and didnt get my first sex toy until this year.

However, I imagine part of the growing selection of sex toys is the fact that the subject isn't such a taboo any more. Owning a sex toy is no longer a shameful thing, in fact it's something some people talk about now! More demand means more money to put into designing new things!

Funny you should ask this as I'd been thinking much the same thing myself, having just 're-discovered' sex toys after, well, scarily, about 17 years.

When I was 21 I had a boyfriend for 2 years who lived abroad. This led me to purchase two vibrators. The vibrator part was absolutely rubbish, I ended up using them mostly as dildos. Funnily enough, I can't even remember where I got them. I suppose I must have gone into some sort of dodgy sex shop although I've no recollection of it. I don't think they were a present from my bf at the time.

Anyway, they were so unimpressive I didn't bother to explore the world of sex toys again until this year, when I discovered LH and realised things have really moved on!

well i got my first toy in october last year and it was a rabbit so i cant really say how theyve changed in that time!

it always surprises me how you can still get the older designs of toys like the ladyfingers ect

http://www.mcastleman.com/page3/page40/page25/page25.html

interesting article

I got my first at 13 so 7 years back now... I am fairly sure the likes of the rabbit and stuff were around but as i was too young to go to ann summers or somewhere similar i bought mine off a website that sold lots of different things, bit like the gadget shop, and just happened to have some vibes on. they accepted splash plastic so that meant i could buy! :D

they werent that bad really, but the world has moved on a lot since then sex toy wise!

titania wrote:

Funny you should ask this as I'd been thinking much the same thing myself, having just 're-discovered' sex toys after, well, scarily, about 17 years.

When I was 21 I had a boyfriend for 2 years who lived abroad. This led me to purchase two vibrators. The vibrator part was absolutely rubbish, I ended up using them mostly as dildos. Funnily enough, I can't even remember where I got them. I suppose I must have gone into some sort of dodgy sex shop although I've no recollection of it. I don't think they were a present from my bf at the time.

Anyway, they were so unimpressive I didn't bother to explore the world of sex toys again until this year, when I discovered LH and realised things have really moved on!

I remember a couple of mine ended up like dildos too because they died on me! Or was it me over using em lol!! I don't think they were as well made years ago as they are now.

jav_ski wrote:

interesting article

Penis extensions made of buffalo horns????

Ouch!!

jav_ski wrote:

interesting article

"The first documented rings were made in China from the eyelids of goats—with eyelashes intact."

Dont think I'll think of them tje same way...

i got my first vibrator at 18 (6 years ago) its still going strong but i dont use it because its noisy and eats batteries like they are sweeties!! i think even in the short amount of time ive been using them they are smaller, quieter and easier to find. x

i remember my boyfriend at the time and i driving around 3 different towns when i was 16 (15 years ago) looking for a sex shop. The vibrator was rubbish and so expensive. Then i discovered Anne Summers so made 1 or 2 purchases including a rabbit. That was also a waste of money.

I think in Victorian times they were steam powered and used to treat hysterical women (I just wonder how many women faked the laughing fits just to enjoy the treatment!)

As for my first toy: it was a short pink vibrator that I brougth 6 years ago! Aka "Pinky," it's still my favourite vibe for a quickie orgasm. I actually timed it once and I should've used a clock with a second hand because I came before the time changed....less than a minute!

xxKPxx