When did you start playing with sex toys?

Had my first black colour vibrating dildo (9 inches length 1 inch dia) when I was 23. Got it for Β£59 from a tiny sex shop located at Gosport. It's antic now but still working and not using. So that was almost 3 decades ago.

Wow, I'm surprised the material hasn't degraded!!

I got my first toys 10-11 years ago. The one I loved the most was a bulbed g-spot vibrator. I might still have it somewhere, but I no longer use it. :P

Bought first toy at 19 but was for my partner at the time then around 21 we bought something for me, it was only a daft cheap cock ring if I remember rightly

Smultron wrote:

Wow, I'm surprised the material hasn't degraded!!......

Looks like TPE but I'm unsure what's the material really is. It's definitely not silicone. Except for the rotating switch and the TPE strunk and exposing the inner plastic otherwise it's still good. I was already "naughty" when I was at SouthHampton University.

We started 19 months ago, our first toys were the Desire rechargable bullet and the Mantric Rabbit. The Desire went glitchy after a year so we had to order a new one (fell just outside it's warranty but was by far the most used toy)

I bought a vibrator in my twenties - I had a gynae issue and avoided sex, and felt so frustrated as I had a strong drive and knew I wanted a relationship and kids. After a disasterous smear test which left me bleeding and shaking, I confided in couple of more experienced friends. 'Get a vibrator!' was their advice, and with their support that is what I did.

It was a rather clunky and clinical looking toy but highly effective.

Twenty years later I haven't looked back, but only found this site and started enjoying toys again over the last couple of years - after a menopausal lull my libido is back with a vengence so I decided to experiement and explore and my OH is only too happy to take things that bit beyond 'vanilla' :-) We've built up quite a collection of toys and lingerie.

It's a long time ago now (over 20 years) but, as I remember, my wife attended a sex toy party at a friend's house and came back with a small cream coloured hard plastic vibrator about the size of a Smarties tube.

2016 I placed my first order here, I was and still am a virgin in the sense of never having a play partner and got fed up waiting. Due to medical issues I also wasn't sure what, if anything, 'worked' down there so I had no expectations and was exploring to see what would feel good. I was ecstatic when it felt pleasant and in disbelief when I first orgasmed not long after. I hadn't even used my hands before that. I don't know if I ever would have the confidence if I didn't experiment myself first.

kinky but true,probably about forty years ago when i found my mums vibrator

Before the advent of the internet when orders stated "allow up to 28 days for delivery" ! can you see that working nowadays?

Was going through my chest of toys collected over 3 decades. Surprised by a Japanese wooden dildo long forgotten. 5 inches length and 1.5 diameter. Pretty small one lol. Unfortunately no function at forum to post picture otherwise I'm sure you will laugh off the embarrassing and awkward size. So what the awkward ones have you collected over the years?

We purchased our first vibrator fom an advert in the back of a national newspaper (not sure which one) in the mid 1980s we still have it and it still works but has not been used for many years.

A little over 40 years ago the only place to buy a sex toy was the seedy parts of some cities . Bought my girlfriend a 6" dildo , no idea what the "lifelike" skin was but come to think of it was quite real feeling . My first toy was also a cock ring . Much nicer and more accurate speed controls these days ! And rechargables are great .

I think I bought my first vibrator at around 18. It was a pink, jelly one but I didn't really get along with it. I got a few other things but again, couldn't really get them to work with me.

10 years later, I decided to try them again over a year ago after not enjoying sex because I struggle to get aroused due to my birth control and it lead to vaginal tears and general sexual unhappiness. I'm so glad I gave them another chance! My tears went away with regular use and the first time I managed to orgasm I nearly cried with joy because I thought I could never achieve it with toys.

And I've never looked back, since. ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

HunnyMonster29 wrote:

I think I bought my first vibrator at around 18. It was a pink, jelly one but I didn't really get along with it. I got a few other things but again, couldn't really get them to work with me.

10 years later, I decided to try them again over a year ago after not enjoying sex because I struggle to get aroused due to my birth control and it lead to vaginal tears and general sexual unhappiness. I'm so glad I gave them another chance! My tears went away with regular use and the first time I managed to orgasm I nearly cried with joy because I thought I could never achieve it with toys.

And I've never looked back, since.

Not many ladies that I know has your courage. πŸ—ΊοΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Only in my late fourties, I regret that. It's amazing how much more easily orgasmic I've become experimenting with toys.

I'd actually only been bought sex toys as presents until I discovered Lovehoney a few years ago.

My first was in my teens when I was bought a vibrator in the shape of a corn cob as a joke. I tried it (without telling anyone ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)) but it was useless.

Then, a few decades later, another friend bought me a rabbit when Sex and the City kicked off rabbit hysteria. That did work a charm but the nearest sex shops were of the seedy type so it had to do.

Then I found Lovehoney online and I haven't looked back.

I hear so many women complain about their sex lives so I'm on a mission to introducing them to the joys of sex toys and what an enormous positive difference it can make to their sex lives.

I was 18, a Rampant Rabbit, never looked back :-) .

I hear so many women complain about their sex lives so I'm on a mission to introducing them to the joys of sex toys and what an enormous positive difference it can make to their sex lives.

Yay! Good for you. Sexy lingerie too. I'm careful who I discuss things with because some friends think their husbands wouldn't approve... it has surprised me how many men don't seem to want their wives to be sexually confident. Maybe they feel threatened in some way? So getting partners on board and using toys together in a non-gendered way can help.

I'm surprised when people say, 'my husband would never let me wear that', or, 'what does your husband think if you don't wax?' but it is really common and, it seems, more conventional. Bit of a power-play?

So what the awkward ones have you collected over the years?: 4Uonly

My first toy, 20 years ago, was ordered from the back of a magazine and it was very clinical looking but very effective. I'd buy one again if they updated the look because it was designed to hit women's pleasure spots rather than trying to replicate men's.

Otherwise, I've got a couple of rabbits / gspot-clitoral stimulators which just don't quite fit my physique. I end up using both hands to try to twist them about, squirming around, getting frustrated and forgetting to have fun! Nothing wrong with those toys, they just dont quite 'fit'. I won't be buying any more rabbits but I'm quite intrigued by the rabbit ears clit vibes...

No other embarrassing buys, but a few cheap and cheerful bullet vibes which just had no power and went in the bin...