Silicone oil advice please

Hi all. We have been on the market for some new lube. After reading around we think silicone oil might be something to try. Thing is I have a a big bottle of the stuff that is used for other applications. In this case to create 'cells' in acrylic paint pour art. Loads of videos on you tube if you want to research what I'm talking about. So I have been thinking silicone oil is silicone oil right ? ... I have looked into the ingredients in the sex lube stuff and apart from a few added ingredients to make it smell nice etc it appears to be the same stuff. Am I right or wrong. Is there someone out there who knows their stuff with regards to this. Obviously I don't want to spend money on a little bottle of it when I have half a litre already. And definitely don't want to cause unnecessary problems. Thanks for any replies. X

I can see where you're coming from. I have an enquiring mind too.

I have tubes of silicone grease for electrical use and have considered using it as a sexual lubricant but, in reality, I would be very reluctant to use anything that I was not 100% sure about on my, or my wifes genitalia.

Thanks for your thoughts & advice. You have both expressed what I had pretty much been thinking. Good to get other heads on it though. If nothing else it has got me into reading up on the strange world that is silicone and it's vast range of applications. In the mean time its into LH for me to do some shopping. X