Sizing help?!

Mucky Duck wrote:

For Gods sake man! Choose carefully!!!!!

Yep! I couldn't agree more!

But, but, but... You have the advantage that you can tell her that if you have made a mistake in sizing you've been sensible enough to order it from a company that will replace it with one in the right size...

Or an alternative if she wants to choose...

You poor country mouse! Do you actually know your woman.... She'll be bringing it up for years!!! Also the fact you thought it might need changing means you couldn't be bothered to do your homework properly. It's a minefield! Play safe!

Mucky Duck wrote:

You poor country mouse! Do you actually know your woman.... She'll be bringing it up for years!!! Also the fact you thought it might need changing means you couldn't be bothered to do your homework properly. It's a minefield! Play safe!

Ah... That depends on the recipient... I wouldn't hear the end of it from Mrs Ash if I hadn't considered the alternatives... I know her sizes, but I also know how sizing varies from supplier to supplier...

MD's right though, Jimbobaluba, only mention that it can be returned and replaced as a last resort!

["Country mouse"! - Huh! External Media]

Yes you have taken a risk in buying your woman some lingerie but, and i speak as a fuller figured woman myself, i am sure your girlfriend will be really pleased that you went to so much trouble, if it needs to be replaced i am sure she will tell you.

I personally would be over the moon if my bloke felt secure enough to buy me lingerie and went to the trouble you had. You have done your homework on the matter so rest assured she will be happy with it. And anyway you can still blame me and imelda can't you!!! But you wont need to!

Hmmmm, blame the ill fitting sexy basque on the advice of another sexy lady...... Nope I like my scrotum where it is thanks!

I wasn't sugguesting that us men don't buy sexy undies or nightwear etc, merely that don't take a gamble on something risky. Check labels of fav bras, knickers etc & buy that size.

A basque & webbing set is sexy gift that should be right first time, It could cause sexual anxiety if done wrong (thing big scary dildo from Amsterdam!). Really I would expect the lady would prefer to choose her own as a supprise for her fella.

Will she actually wear something that comes with a thong? Some of the larger ladies I'm friends with won't wear them because they can be quite uncomfortable and dig in, especially if you're a little fuller figured. I'm not exactly big, but my bottom is large enough that I refuse to wear thongs - so no matter what my boyfriend bought me, if it had a thong it would have to be returned.

Mucky Duck

See i would view the babydoll thing as playing it safe so wouldn't like my bloke to buy me something like that, not that much effort or attention needed there! And although yes we women do like to chose our own as a surprise, at the same time its no use us buying things to look sexy if its not the kind of thing you find sexy so it can also be a way of us finding out what you like too. I also have to say that it would be the ultimate gift for me and i wouldn't hold it against my bloke if it didnt fit, as i have enough trouble deciphering sizes myself!!

Also on the thong topic i actually like wearing thongs but yes it does depend on the size but if i was her and i didn't like it i would just leave that off!

PAH!!! Boys leave Jim alone and stop being so negative! It'll be fine, you've gone to heaps of effort and taken the sense to measure to do what you can to ensure it fits. Morbidia's right with the box and tissue (take them out of the plastic bag if they came in that). Do let us know how you got on but I think you'll be fine!

Jim, ignore those men - they're just trying to wind you up! She'll be totally delighted that you've gone to so much effort - and women can buy something the wrong size for themselves just as easily as a man could. And I second the girls - if my bloke bought me knickers that were too big, I wouldn't take it negatively:I'd just be grateful he had thought about something I could wear and be comfy, not that would cut off my circulation and look hideous. Besides, you can always say you were worried about them shrinking in the wash ;-)

It's our job as men to be as negative as possible & to make you ladies out to be She Devils. Sorry we (i mean I ) can't help it!

So mucky, you ordering some lingerie for mrs duck this xmas!!!!!

Not this year, she can hardling close her unmentionable drawer as it is!

I might buy her some of those cheapo white panties from the supermarket again, they're great for tearing off when you both get frisky. Give it a whirl, it really ignites a fire in both of us!

Yes instead of the love honey lingerie, i shall put supermarket value knickers on my xmas list! sure the OH will be pleased to save some pennies!!!!

When he rips them off & gives you a good spearing.... You'll love it! Animal lust!

Thanks for the advice (this doesn't apply to Mucky Duck and Ash though, as all they've done is scare me!). I'll try to find a box and tissue paper (where can I buy this from?!) and hope for the best! I'll just write on the label that it's from Santa. He can take the heat if it goes wrong!

Try a gift or stationery shop.

oh yeh, pretty obvious now you've said it!

Hey jim, so how did you get on with your xmas pressie to the OH!?

Sorry, not been on for ages - been busy with parties and people staying over etc. It went down well - not been tried on yet, but seems ok! Got quite a bit of stuff from La Senza too and as they sent it me in a gift box I didn't check it before wrapping it and there are a few things missing! I'll stick to Lovehoney from now on I think!

Eeek that's crap! La Senza really should be better than that :/