slim, toned, muscular?....

Hi all, I am bored on my lunch breaks at work and thought I could join a gym to fill in the time. Gives me a goal to work towards, keeps me healthy and I also thought maybe it will be nice for my gf see I g me more toned.

I know your body isn't everything, but I'm more talking as a bonus on top of personality etc. What do most of you prefer, natural, skinny, slim and toned with a Burnie definition and muscle, or muscular?

I'm naturally quite slim, but was thinking of getting some definition, so you can see my abs a bit, bit of a chest, biceps etc.

I like my guys to be 36-42 inch waist and ladies I love all sizes.

Intelligence and personality, with a twinkle in the eye and a naughty smile gets me going though x

In men, something in the natural to cuddly (yes a polite way of saying slightly overweight) range. Don't like skinny, really don't like muscular. Toned is ok, but muscular turns me right off! And scares me, frankly. Although in so saying, health, happiness and body confidence are the most appealing things!

To look at and drool over, I like well defined, not overly muscular men (see M Shadows, Robbie Amell, Channing Tatum). But to have and to hold, I adore my hubby's body. He has a swimmers physique. If you look at him from behind he has very broad shoulders, tapering in a V to a narrow waist and long legs. Apart from his bit of middle aged spread, he's quite slim too.

My OH is triangular shaped, very very broad shoulders and small waist... he has quite a muscular physique, which is quite toned and he also has a bit of pudge on his belly area which I love... His body shape is exactly what does it for me and after many years I still drool over him :)

Every lass has her favourites - see above!- but cardio fitness and sexual stamina run hand in hand ( I'm sure love honey had a blog post about it)

Cardio fitness means better sex. Get running, rowing, etc.

As an addition, cycling quickly improves your legs. Upper body is more work....but maybe more beneficial for your partner, who knows! ;)

Just like big and strong. My OH is 6"3 ish and muscly but with a layer of fat, so when he's relaxed he's all cuddly, then he tenses and he's rock hard, perfect, and he's got a belly which I love, so cuddly. My big strong man makes me feel safe :)

Yeah, how does cardio improvement make better sex?

I like the idea of been more defined and toned so I feel a bit more manly and confident, more protective too.

I like my boyfriends body, slim but with muscly arms, toned stomach and muscly legs. Not too muscly, i'm not into that if i'm honest. Also going to the gym will make you stronger and fitter which will be better during sex as you can go longer without getting tired and having muscle can come in handy too.

Yeah I don't want to be big, just to the point where I have some biceps, a bit of shape to my abs and bit of a chest instead of totally flat. Been strong enough to lift her into different sex positions would be good :)

I think for me I'm hoping I'd get a boost in confidence, I know I need it and maybe this would create some.

I am (sadly enough) a not particularly tall (5'6 1/2") but rather big (38C/D-33-42.5) girl who is nevertheless very active and who excercises daily, I am quite strong (for a woman), have an athlete's resting heart rate (about 48bpm) and splendid blood pressure and everything, yet my belly, bum and thighs don't feel like losing much fat or extra skin (I used to be size 26 a few years ago and it is not easy to slim down once you have been that big). I would feel... awkward, huge and generally ridiculous with anyone who is slim or toned. I would love to find a fairly big guy, one who doesn't feel like having a heart attack during a 60-mile biking trip, all-day hike or a tennis game, yet one who hides his muscles under a bit of fat. Ah well, I suppose I have no chance of finding someone like that (men tend to be more visually-oriented than women and that flabby skin on my lower tummy would probably turn anyone off), I know, but I suppose that even a girl like myself can dream...

just want to say briona that if you were even remotely interested in women and we knew each other i would want to marry you! i feel that as long as you're healthy nothing else really matters body wise, the only thing i look for is shorter women and taller men, being slim or muscukar isn't important.

You sound nice to me, font think like that! Of course there will be people out there who want you!

I am a little skinny and I would like to be bigger with some definitions also so that I don't look so skinny when aside my gf. She is a perfect size in my eyes, size 12 ish it's me who needs a bit more meat!

Love toned,but not slim bodies.Slightly overweight also is peerfect for cuddling.

I like a swimmer's physique: slender shape, moderate amount of muscle, lean and toned with a good level of definition.

I don't like it when men stray too far into body builder territory, and the volume of muscle gets too much. I also prefer them not to look like a hungry skeleton.

As long at they're somewhere between skinny and muscular, and don't go too much into either extreme, then I'm pretty happy.

The sort of guys you see modelling men's underwear are usually a good indicator.

AKF & curiousme > Thanks for those kind words, folks, sometimes it is not exactly easy to believe I might actually get lucky one day. ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

(By the way, I have often wondered whether I might be (at least) "bi curious" - I suppose that would mean twice as many dating opportunities - but for some reason, the only thing that comes to my mind when I see a pretty lady is something of the "I wish I looked that good - if I did, I might be finally able to find a guy who would have me" kind, but I have only ever had fantasies about 6'-ish guys who tip the scales at 230 pounds, bear hugs, strength combined with cuddliness, and stubbled cheeks... Ah, if I could find myself a big, bookish guy with a sense of humour who likes the outdoors, I would do absolutely anything for him. *dreams*... *sighs, feeling a bit sad*)

Nooo, don't be sad, Briona87 ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif) *.*.*.*.*.*.* ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

I just sprinkled you with some love luck. While you're waiting for it to take effect, grab yourself a bottle of vino and watch Magic Mike. x

I was chatting with my gf and she thinks it's not needed, but would be a bonus :) I think I may join, they are expensive though!!

Well, I've been a swimmer all my life and I study musical theatre, so dance is part of my studies, so I train a lot and have a slim and athletic figure, so I find it really strange if I'm with a man who I have better abs than (that might sound a little cocky but I swear i'm not, it's just my figure and how i've always been built) But i'm one of those who prefer the man to be the most dominant in the bedroom, so for me to be stronger or more toned than the man would be really odd to me. If he can lift me up against the wall then happy days! x

Yeah that's my plan to ge good abs and be able to lift her with ease.

I now need to find a good training program, anyone have any tips? Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx