So you want to be a sex toy tester? - FAQ's, hints & tips!

Hi, me and my girlfriend would love to test an assortment of toys from the Sex Toy Testing list. We accidently made our wishlist private ha. One thing inparticular we would like to try is the lickable candle. I know its only a small product compared to others, but its something we have actually been looking into but were not 100% sure - so we would definately write up a detailed review of our experience.

Thanks

That was really helpful, thank you for posting this ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Thank you so much for clarifying.
I'm brand spanking new to the site after my husband bought a lovely gift from you.
So a huge thank you Love Honey for adding a bit of spice back into my bed xx

Such a good post!

Great post!

great post i agree as everyone else does !

Really great post! My OH and me love to test and even got quite a few products already! What i always wonder: how long shall it be? I personally enjoy reading long reviews, even about smaller things like cheaper lingery or lube, but what do you guys think?
Knowing that would have been quite useful before writing our first review!

PBLove wrote:

Really great post! My OH and me love to test and even got quite a few products already! What i always wonder: how long shall it be? I personally enjoy reading long reviews, even about smaller things like cheaper lingery or lube, but what do you guys think?

From experience and reading some posts on the forums, long reviews are good provided you don't spend half of it copying information already on the product page that people can read and instead concentrate on the product.

PBLove wrote:

I don't know whether I have good reviewing technique, but I tend to write quite long reviews. I make sure that I'm not repeating myself, but I put in whatever I noticed about the product even if it gets quite long because I figure people can skip over bits if they don't find them relevant and I'd rather make sure all the available information is there rather than omitting things that someone might find important. If the product is a bit more complicated and needs more explanation about how it feels to use or such like, I sometimes end up at 10+ paragraphs and I hope that's fine and not excessive. I never feel like there's anything I can cut out because it's all how I experienced the item.

New to the site, thanks for taking the time to wite this post.

I found it very helpful as a new member.

Skitty wrote:

PBLove wrote:

I don't know whether I have good reviewing technique, but I tend to write quite long reviews. I make sure that I'm not repeating myself, but I put in whatever I noticed about the product even if it gets quite long because I figure people can skip over bits if they don't find them relevant and I'd rather make sure all the available information is there rather than omitting things that someone might find important. If the product is a bit more complicated and needs more explanation about how it feels to use or such like, I sometimes end up at 10+ paragraphs and I hope that's fine and not excessive. I never feel like there's anything I can cut out because it's all how I experienced the item.

Very well said! I feel totally the same! I just wanna make sure that i offer all the information - and everyone then can decide what to read!
As long as it isn't just copying the product info i really enjoy reading long reviews myself :D

Very insightful and helpful. I have just written my first reviews today, on items purchased from LH. I know I wont be perfect strait out the gait either. Its a learning process, for sure.

I found my self quite enjoying writing them too, had to edit them a lot before submitting the finished article. Darn typos ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

Thanks for all the comments I will now close this thread to stop it getting any longer.

Many thanks!