spanking

Wow! That sounds fascinating. I'll deffinately check that out! I take it she's written books or something? x MC x

LoveHoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

Columbus wrote:

Aww thanks for the tips - I'll take a look External Media

Do you have more info on the neuroscience aspect? That's interesting!

Check out the work of Heather A Rupp, she is one of my idols in the field of sexual research and has gone a long way to dispelling myths and finding new truths surrounding sexuality of all kinds and is backed up with hard, scientific facts.

In relation to spanking, endorphins, epinephrine and norepinephrin are released to deal with the pain (even slight) which has a profound effect on the serotonin and melatonin levels, causing a mild morphine-like effect. When coupled with a sexual experience, especially if the infliction of pain was a surprise, this hormonal high (what you may have seen termed as 'sub-space') itself becomes associated with sexual pleasure, hence why those who frequently indulge in submissive masochism find themselves feeling aroused by general pain or craving pain as a sexual fixation.

Fascinating stuff and makes intuitive sense. A*

Now does this science project have a practical element?External Media

Careful with words like that... You'll make all our scientists hot and sticky..

WandA wrote:

Columbus wrote:

Check out the work of Heather A Rupp, she is one of my idols in the field of sexual research and has gone a long way to dispelling myths and finding new truths surrounding sexuality of all kinds and is backed up with hard, scientific facts.

In relation to spanking, endorphins, epinephrine and norepinephrin are released to deal with the pain (even slight) which has a profound effect on the serotonin and melatonin levels, causing a mild morphine-like effect. When coupled with a sexual experience, especially if the infliction of pain was a surprise, this hormonal high (what you may have seen termed as 'sub-space') itself becomes associated with sexual pleasure, hence why those who frequently indulge in submissive masochism find themselves feeling aroused by general pain or craving pain as a sexual fixation.

Fascinating stuff and makes intuitive sense. A*

Now does this science project have a practical element?External Media

Careful with words like that... You'll make all our scientists hot and sticky..

Im liking the term.....'sub space'...............ill have some of that please........facinating stuff Miss Rouge!!

I watch too much Sci-fi to disassociate 'subspace' from super fast travel, communication and black holes...

WandA wrote:

I watch too much Sci-fi to disassociate 'subspace' from super fast travel, communication and black holes...

lol......er beam me up scotty could take on a whole new meaning....

I just beamed Scotty in to the black hole, romantic poetry for anal?

WandA wrote:

I just beamed Scotty in to the black hole, romantic poetry for anal?

is this your alternative name to digger!!

I do also call it the John Barnes

*Warning - That joke has a high 'fly over the head' probability.

WandA wrote:

mmmm........er.....i associate...world in motion and mars bars.........thats not it though is it......lol

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_nickname_for_John_Barnes_ex_Liverpool_FC_footballer

WandA wrote:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_nickname_for_John_Barnes_ex_Liverpool_FC_footballer

ah.....Digger Barnes..........lol...............does you oh use your little pet name as well!!!

This is all purely hypothetical!

I don't actually name it!

WandA wrote:

This is all purely hypothetical!

I don't actually name it!

phew thats ok then...........i had to check......some blokes like naming their..erm..best friend!!

merry cherry wrote:

AdnaW wrote:

merry cherry wrote:

haha! I'll bear that in mind WandA! Thanks for your help AdnaW. How would be the best way to approach it? Do you think it would be better to take her by surprise or kind of mention it first? x MC x

If that sounds a bit too scary you can always just saying something like "lick me" in a dominant way and give her bum a little spank before she gets to it, manoevering her so she's sat/lying in a position where you can easily reach her bum and dig your nails in, stroke and give gentle swats and see how she responds.

Adx

I don't know if i'm brave enough to start with what you said first, especially at the beginning! Although i do like your style! But the 'lick me' thing i like and i'd be a bit more comfortable with. I know she does like it when i tell her what to do. And i know from her hints that shed be up for trying spanking. It's just a confidence thing with me taking the lead. Does it sound to you that she likes to be more submissive? As ive normally been the submissive one with my ex's its going to be hard to change my mind set! I do really like the idea of being dominant, it just doesn't come naturally to me! Thanks so much for taking the time out to give me your thoughts and advice by the way hun! Much appreciated! x MC x

If she likes being bossed about it sounds like she's submissive. It's hard to tell from the outside though - you're best to judge. If you take things slowly though and give her chance to voice her thoughts....being dominant but questioning her in a "I'm going to punish you, are you going to like it?" sort of way can gauge her thoughts. (And if she says "yes" say "yes what?" and give her chance to pick a name for you if that's the kind of thing you might find helpful for the "role play")

I think you may find that you find it more natural once you get into the swing of things though! WandA (or one of the other wonderful OA'ers!) might have some advice on that side of things - I'm completely submissive but he's a lot more switch than I am so might be able to give you some advice on going from sub to dom and finding the confidence External Media. I dom very occasionally but I still haven't got the knack of being very confident about it yet - I think it helps to get in the right mind set that your partner *wants* to please you (WandA then matches that up to I want to "serve him"). You have to be confident that you "deserve" pleasure (and you can always remind her that she'll get pleasure too if she "behaves" if you're worried she might feel left out at all).

Hmmm...I'm not sure I'm making a lot of sense - I hope some of this helps ha!

Adxx

PS Hella - adrenaline, noradrenaline and endorphins all in one sentence makes me like you very much External Media I'm a "physiological chemicals" (neurotransmitters/hormones/etc.) geek hehe!

Adx

Thanks hun. Thats so much help. You've got the best ideas about this! Yeah, i'll deffinately take it slowly, more for my sake than hers as i really am getting the feeling that she at least wants to try! I don't know whether shes been submissive with her other partners? I'm going to have to get some sexy underwear or something to make me feel different i think, to make me less shy about it! Kinda like getting in charactor! Thats what i did in my band so i'll have to try and think of it like that! x MC x

WandA wrote:

Hey, i actually got that joke! hooray for me! Why did they call him that i wonder? Are you a liverpool fan by any chance WandA? x MC x

merry cherry wrote:

WandA wrote:

Hey, i actually got that joke! hooray for me! Why did they call him that i wonder? Are you a liverpool fan by any chance WandA? x MC x

I am indeed! Am I now higher or lower in your estimation?External Media

Apparently he looks like 'Digger' from Dallas... Before my generation.

Another story is that his initials are JCB.

Another might be he now needs them to get himself up after the Mars sponsorship.

Man of mystery ey?

merry cherry wrote:

You see thats my problem i think! I don't associate it with being naughty! Dam my parents! Why didn't they spank me as a child?! They've ruined my sex life!!! x MC x

I'd feel silly as well and I was never smacked! lol Maybe there's something in that...!

Columbus wrote:

Ahh.... interesting.... External Media

Just another take on spanking etc for the people who have never participated but want to - we started it as part of other sensation play (literally slap and tickle). For me this worked better than role play - I have a strong giggle reflex for a lot of role play situations...