stockings help needed

help ive just put a hole threw my stockings, i need some black opaque stockings or hold ups by thursday for my hubbys birthday. i,m a size 16 and have long legs and like them long has anyone got any ideas please

Hi Fizzy, I have the same problem. I'm 5'6" and a size 16. A company called "Yours" that sells clothes for ladies over a size 14 are great for stockings. They stretch alot and come right up to the top of the thigh. Without that horrid dip you can get with small stockings. They are not one size fits all and come in a range of styles and sizes. Hope this helps.

P.s don't know if they will remove this as it mentions another company!!!

I nearly always buy Levante hosiery - size 4 (extra tall) fits me beautifully and I'm a 5' 10" man. I'm fairly sure they do opaques in stockings, hold-ups and tights, and if I'm allowed to mention another company, StockingsHQ are usually lightining fast. If Levante don't do them, StockingsHQ will have something in "proper sizes" from somewhere.

i take it wheere u live u dont have a local shop to go to buy ur stockings so obv online would be better im sure u know they sell them on here and at bluebella, ann summers (3 for 2 on stockings just now) etc all online and delivery is usually quick

hope you find a replacement but from now on buy 2 sets of the same stockings that way if one tears etc u have a replacement to hand its just easier

Thanx for the help guys i manged just to get a cheap pair from asda for now they are a little short for me but they will do for now. thanx for the tip mr pink i had a look at stockingshq i want to buy nearly the full shop!

I have a massive collection of stockings

Just need a horny bitch to wear them for me !

MrPink's advice is spot on - Levante stockings are always great and StockingsHQ is a great place to buy

I was first sold Levante hosiery many years ago as a sensibly priced alternative to Wolford. I've bought other brands but they are remarkably consistent and come in a big enough size for me. There are other brands that go bigger if you need them - again StockingsHQ can help there.

Fortunately hosiery has got better over the years and you can buy reasonable stuff at Tesco and Asda, to name but 2 UK supermarkets. As long as they come in at least two sizes you should be OK unless very tall or large. When I started buying hosiery in the late 1970s nearly all of it was 'one-size' and most of it was far too small. Now we're al bigger it's much easier for men (and larger women) to get a good fit.

I just realised when I mentioned the supermarkets that I've only been able to get decent hold-ups, rather than stockings. That said, if your suspender belt has metal clips, not plastic, it's usually possible to attach them to hold-ups (which will then not slide down as stockings can do.