The Book Club

Since the Lockdown book club thread is going to be coming to an end (hopefully :pray: ) i thought it might be nice to have a continuation of the book club thread as so many people have been asking about good books/erotica recently.

So just finished “the hating game” by sally thorne, my god that book is such a good read. Loved it from beginning to end and couldnt put it down.
Not particularly raunchy but just really well written with interesting characters and a good story

8 Likes

Not Erotica but I recently read The Midnight library and really enjoyed it. Was such an easy read and good therapy for me too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I absolutely loved The Hating Game! I’m currently reading Sally Thorne’s second book 99 Percent Mine. It’s not grabbing me as quickly, but maybe I’ll get more into it as I go.

Ive just finished second first impressions. I loved all of them but the hating game is the standout for me too.

Almost finished Richard Feynman - six easy pieces, most of it went straight over my head but very interesting the parts I understood

Just finishing “beach read” by emily henry. Super book, made me laugh alot

1 Like

How to walk in high heels : Camilla Morton

Really does give tips for walking in heels and other life hacks a girl outta know

1 Like

Please keep book suggestions coming, as I don’t read myself but my wife does and I sometimes buy books based on high recommendations.
The midnight library was the last one I got her and she loved it.
It’s not her usual book type but she said it was a break from her normal reads and was easy to pick up.

1 Like

If she liked that, she might like uprooted by Naomi novik, which i adore. Such an amazing writer and a stellar book.
The court of mist and fury my sara j maas is also amazing, pretty heavy in places, but just a superb series (ironically my least favourite was the first book)

Currently most of the way through “if i never met you” by mhairi mcfarlane which is a great book with many layers that im really loving. (Its got to a bit where it looks like its all going to end horribly though so i needed a break)

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips.
She just finished the last in the Hillary Mantel - Wolf Hall series.
She said they are big books and took a while to read as it’s not a book you can take in the Bath, but loved all 3 books.

1 Like

Hooking up with a Russian friend at the weekend has prompted me to dust off
Dostoyevsky, The Idiot.
Surprisingly readable. Not too heavy at all

Cracking series! As is the other she writes! The throne of series is so good!

Good to know, theyr on my to read list

Haven’t read a book in a while, but last one I read was on serial killers. These days I tend to use audio books so I can carry on about my day, but you can’t beat the feeling of a proper paper book with the smell and crisp pages!

Cant wait for the next book in the saving askara series to come out. J.m.link writes very alien aliens and its just a cracking scifi with a slow burn romance mixed in.

I wrote this for another forum and Though anyone with time to kill here might be able to benefit from too. Basically a list of some of my favourites from wading through kindle during all this mess.
As you can tell ive had alot of spare time on my hands so its inevitably rather long.

Cara mckenna, tiffany reisz, charlotte stein, abigail barnette (i love her by the numbers series) are all gorgously written, plenty of sex with good stories.

For aliens, katy evans, tiffany roberts, s.j.sanders and olivia riley do super stuff. I also adore the saving askara series by J.M.Link
Recently started reading tammy walsh’s books. Read the trigger warnings on these ones, but theyr good reads with very interesting plots.
For Historical i love emily windsor, amelie howard, eloisa james, stacy reid, tessa dare.

More modern stuff katee roberts, christina lauren, katy evans, louise bay, laurelin page. Sally throne. Claire kent

Some amazing Fantasy writers are nalini Singh, laura thalassa (sometimes dark but so good. The bargainer series is amazing). , Sara. J. Maas (just amazing books. Wow), kathryn anne kingsley (dark, definitely read the trigger warnings on hers, but oh so good), annette marie (amazing world building).
Scarlett st.clair’s hades and Persephone (starts with “a touch of darkness”) series is also a stunner

For male/male i like k.L.heirs (as a bonus, acsquidentally in love has the best tentacle sex scenes ive ever read too). Lyn gala is also a stunnig writer.
For m/m erotic shorts, m.syrix and lydia sebastian write amazing stuff. So hot.

Reverse harem: katee roberts and kathryn moon do amazingly well written stuff, with a good plot to boot.

Androids: circuit heart by d.s.wrights, tangled wires by lillian lark and Good deeds by kathryn moon

Non standard but amazing stuff,
-C.M.nascosta (amazing storys about f/monster romances. Lots of heart. Seriously worth a look)
-“Earth husband are odd” by lyn gala. A sweet and really lovely story about two people who fall in love under unusual situation. One of whome just happens to be an alien squid critter. Dont let the fact its mpreg put you off, its light, funny and really worth a read. M/nb
-“Beyond the stars” by melody johnson. Im not usually a fan on the alien pet trope, but this one is done really sweetly, is written well and not done in an off putting way like others ive tried (and failed) to read. Has a nice complex plot with lots of layers and good world building. Very Worth giving a try.
-“Demon lover” by heather guerre. If incubi are your thing. This is a good one.
-The Vandalar concubines series by v.K.ludwig. They just made me laugh. Light, frothey, feelgood. Contains sexy aliens.
-Chace verity’s books. Very inhuman nonhumans.
-“love laugh lych” by Kate prior. I just loved it. Such a fun setup and writing style.

Also good;
-Three days in undead shoes by dee J holmes. The zombie book i wish someone would make a film of. Contains adorable dog (that doesnt die)
-Sylvia mercedes of sunfire and shadow series
-michelle rowans “living in eden” series. Fun, great reads, not too heavy, contains adorable demon.
-elise kova’s “married to magic” series. Fair warning, i didnt get on with most of her other stuff ive tried, but her latest series is just really well written with nice world building and characters i loved.

:sweat_smile: well, that should keep all of you buisy for five minutes…well, ok Maybe a bit longer. But hopefully theres something for everyone in there.

Ps. Yes, my book taste is stupidly eclectic.

3 Likes

The Bargainer series, loved it!! I’m rereading ACOTAR for the third time lol I think I love it a little more each time. I actually had a little cry reading the 2nd one yesterday!

1 Like

I love them , but I still feel the first court of thorns book is unfortunately the weakest. The second is also a difficult read but so worthwhile.
The bargainer series is just brilliant. Cant wait till her next series comes out (should be sometime soon)

1 Like

Oh I agree re the first book. I know every story needs a villain but I feel Tam was crucified maybe too much? I’ve not read any of LT’s other stuff as I couldn’t get into it. Maybe I should try again… Holly Black is another good Author imo.

Alot of her other stuff is a harder read in all honesty. I havent read them all and there are already a few i didnt get all the way through.
I did love “reaping angels” though. Its her superhero/villains one and definitely worth a try. Wish it was a series as i loved the world.

I tried holly black “cruel prince” but just couldnt get on with the characters in it. Will have to give one of her others a bash.