the honcho is dead!!!

well as some of you may know that a few weeks back i got the head honcho for my OH as his very first own toy, for a gift as he was always saying he wouldnt buy one ect. but i wanted him to try one just to see if he would actually like a male musturbater and for my very own pervy dreams that i wished to make come true. anyway, it worked and he liked it and he said he would like more toys for himself in time, to add to the toy box.

i took the time to find out bout male toys as i wasnt sure what to get and i asked for advice and looked at prices and reuseable onces and so went for the honcho as this came out to look the best of the price range for what i was looking for and came recomended.

and the honcho has been brilliant and ive even said to others to get one, so i was really quite surprised and a bit upset to find that when we went to put it away the other day after being left to dry, two massive holes on two sides of the honcho had formed. i cant think why as it was only the third time it had been used and was still in perfect condtion when we washed it and left it to dry and we washed and dryed it the same way as the other 2 times.

the reason im a bit upset with it really is, cos i looked into the toys and this seemed to be a toy that had a long life and was well made so i paid out the £15.99 for it, which is alot of money to me esp as its only worked out to be a 3 use toy. and the other thing that is upsetting is i recomend it to people, who have told me that have gone on to order it cos of what i said but if i knew this would happen i wouldnt have recomend it at all, esp for people with a tight budget like myself.

Dxx

could it be the kind of lube you used with it?

nope we only ever use water based lube and its been the same lube with all the other uses, same with how we cleaned it and how we dried it.

Dxx

Poor you :( Was it very hot where it was left to dry or in direct sunlight? What cleaner did you use? Those are the only ideas I have.

I find that there are two holes strange... hmmm

used the lovehoney sex toy cleaner (which is my fave and ive always used it on all my toys and the honcho and alls been fine). it was very very hot on friday but we left the honcho to dry in a dark cool room what is infact the only cool room of the flat and that doesnt have windows and is dark (its the room between the living/bedroom/kitchen and bathroom, its like a dressing room but very small and a hall way rolled into one, the flats very tiny).

so i really cant understand why whats happends, happend :S ive read a review added in the week i think it was and the guy was saying that his has started to fall apart after not long after buying it aswell, which had me wondering if maybe there a like a faulty batch or something?? :S

just dunno why its happend, but cant afforde to pay out loads for a toy (money is tight for both of us at the mo with the flat and stuff) and kinda put off a bit now after this has happend :(.

Dxx

What are the chances of getting a refund?

needmore wrote:

What are the chances of getting a refund

you could try getting in touch with customer services and saying its happened to you and the other reviewer

needmore wrote:

its been used so i would say very very very slim! if id been washed and unused and the above happend im sure they would.

i havent asked though, cos of it being used.

i just kinda like to know why its happend, as its def a reuseable toy and weve been using the right kind of lube and cleaning stuff as these are all the things i asked and looked into before buying it as for the money i was spending i wanted it to be able to be looked after when we got it.

Dxx

Used or not, IF it is a fault with the product, LH may well refund it anyway under your statutory rights. I had a (used) but faulty toy from here refunded as it just died on third use.

diamonds wrote:

needmore wrote:

its been used so i would say very very very slim! if id been washed and unused and the above happend im sure they would.

i havent asked though, cos of it being used.

i just kinda like to know why its happend, as its def a reuseable toy and weve been using the right kind of lube and cleaning stuff as these are all the things i asked and looked into before buying it as for the money i was spending i wanted it to be able to be looked after when we got it.

Dxx

I would write and tell them how disappointed you are that this purchase has failed so soon after buying it. Explain that you've bought many other products from them and had no issues, also mention that you're a great advocate of their products however the Honcho has put a question mark over this - ask them what they can do to restore your confidence in their products.

I have to say, customer service here is first class. Worth an email hun.

Yup a wee email would be a good idea coz you've done everything right. I've also returned a used faulty toy and had no problems.

thanks for all your replys guys :)

i think i shall email lovehoney, but i really dont have a clue what to say. im not the best at writeing emails. also i dont know if it is faulty, its just somethin i thought it might be from what i read from the other review? :S

Dxx

just write what you wrote on here, that'll give them the idea

Yep I agree and Ruth or Carly may see it on here and help out too.

I suggest something like:

Hi

I'm afraid I have a problem with a toy I bought on here and I was hoping you could help. I bought the head honcho (link) on DATE for my boyfriend. Since receiving it, we've used it three times only and after cleaning it recently, I've noticed two holes on either side. We've been careful to use LH's sex toy cleaner and water-based lubes and to ensure it's not left anywhere too warm to dry.

Obviously we're a little disappointed that the toy is unuseable now after only three uses because it's not a single use only toy. I was hoping you could advise me about what I should do because I fear that this toy may be faulty. Thanks very much.

Kind regards

Diamonds

or whatever you feel comfortable with!

well im pretty sure this is the other review i read about the honcho in the week http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10580&reviewid=17128#customer_reviews

i was sure it was a more longer review but i cant really remebere now to be honest as i was just flickin throuh them last week.

ok i will email them tomorrow or tuesday

Dxx

imeldaimelda wrote:

Yep I agree and Ruth or Carly may see it on here and help out too.

I suggest something like:

Hi

I'm afraid I have a problem with a toy I bought on here and I was hoping you could help. I bought the head honcho (link) on DATE for my boyfriend. Since receiving it, we've used it three times only and after cleaning it recently, I've noticed two holes on either side. We've been careful to use LH's sex toy cleaner and water-based lubes and to ensure it's not left anywhere too warm to dry.

Obviously we're a little disappointed that the toy is unuseable now after only three uses because it's not a single use only toy. I was hoping you could advise me about what I should do because I fear that this toy may be faulty. Thanks very much.

Kind regards

Diamonds

or whatever you feel comfortable with!

thank you so much imelda i def will use that when i email. *hugs*

and hugs to the rest of you, youve all been really helpful to me! you guys are the best :D

Dxx

I hope you get some form of compensation and your man is still happy to wank off in a masturbator for you!

hey guys and carly

thanks for the replys again, i shall get in contact. :)

and it was kept on its own, in a gift bag (the durex one actually lol) as the box ive got to keep my toys in at the flat wouldnt have been big enough for the honcho.

right off to speak to the customer care peeps!

Dxx