The Lounge

Id go for a second hand phone… some of the more recent types have great cameras without spending a fortune.

1 Like

A full camera set up would be great but the phone offers the ability to do everything from one device. We can capture, store, edit and share without moving any data anywhere and then keep the phone in our toy chest.

2 Likes

Having an absolutely living ‘mare of it lately. Anyone else just feel that sometimes, no matter how positive you are, you just can’t shake that feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach?

I know things have to get better, there’s no other option and I’m usually SO positive but I just can’t quite get over the hill. So to speak.

Sorry for being a Debbie downer!

6 Likes

I think we all feel like this from time to time, one thing on top of another, and when things are running smoothly you are waiting for the next kick in the metaphorical knackers to bring you back down with a bump.
All I can say is look for the little pleasures in life and try not to let shit drag you down.
I try to be kind to others as you never know what they’re struggling with despite the outer appearance being ok.
Just know there’s always a friendly member here for support most times of the day.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re feeling down @Delightful87, I hope things get better soon, sending lots of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

I think it’s mostly because the last three years have been tough but the past 6 months have been relentless.
One parent- Alzheimer’s (early onset)
One parent- cancer
One child- such rubbish kidneys I can’t even explain. In and out of hospital constantly and looks like we’re headed back in over the next few days
One child- Ankylosing Spondylitis
All three children-autism
One child- school refuser

That’s just the tip of the iceberg of the last few months.
We’re a multigenerational household so there is no getting away from any of it for any of us. That makes it harder (and easier!)

Sorry to moan. Just, meh!

6 Likes

Please don’t apologise @Delightful87 you’re not moaning, we’re here for you, :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

Hey @Delightful87

You’re dealing with alot there…not moaning at all. Sometimes all the balls we juggle in life get too much…and although we’d love to throw them all down and have a day off we just can’t.

If it was a paid job we could hand our notice in and walk away…unsociable hours…crap pay etc. etc.

You are doing an amazing job coping with so much and if you need support from us on the forum…you rant away and get it out. You’re human and sometimes life is hard for us all.

Deep breath…you got this.
Hugs

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

If it helps to get it off your chest, don’t hesitate to moan, rant whatever! There’s a lot of us here with life experience that can help support you in any way we can. You certainly have a lot on your plate and you wouldn’t be human if it didn’t get to you sometimes. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Delightful87 wow. That’s a lot of stuff. There are some wonderful support groups for carers out there, with all the support and love you are providing to so many people in your life please do also make sure that someone somewhere is supporting YOU.
Is there anything in your life that brings you a little respite? A brisk walk, getting sun on your face, fresh flowers in the house, someone else doing the cooking for a change?
These things are not luxuries.

4 Likes

Keep smiling one foot in front of the other :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

@Peitho well done for managing to test the battery life on this. I really wanted to but i just cant walk round a shared house with a vibrating butt plug on/in :rofl:. Glad someone managed it, and also very glad it lasts longer than 40mins as that was my big gripe with the matching butt plug :+1:

2 Likes

After seeing this comment I did a full charge and tested yesterday purely on music mode. Managed an hour and 20 minutes :confused: I’m curious as to how long it’ll last with gentler music… would make sense it’d last longer. Will continue to test!

2 Likes

Interesting. I probably had it on for a bit over an hour at the pub with the band playing where it was working very hard; after we left it had a much easier time walking back to the car, driving home and cooking food but must have been at least two and a half hours total and it was still happily responding to any noises when I turned it off.

I didn’t actually test how long it worked for on high intensity constant vibe personal time at home but I admit it was definitely a lot less.

@Green_Eyed_Girl if you get a chance to test it out and about on audio mode definitely give it a go, I think you’ll find it will out do those 40 mins… definitely understand the difficulty of vibrations walking about a shared house though. Only so many times you can say your phone’s on vibrate and you don’t want to tslk to the person calling :rofl:.

1 Like

That is a decent excuse :rofl: i will have to take up carrying the phone in my pocket

1 Like

Could someone please pop a breaker in :uk: UK Special Offers, Top Sale Picks and DOTD for me? :pray:

Thank you @Knottydevil :blush:

Done. :+1:

1 Like

Good shout that man​:clap:

1 Like

Hope you sleep well tonight @Cali_Nyx

Good luck for tomorrow
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Yes they are @philxhx

Thank you…Had them years…I have a thing about boots of all sorts. I have too many pairs to count. Wear them all year round…in bed sometimes too.