The Sandbox

Thanks for your comments @PKH
I had a look at the template (great work @Ian_Chimp !) and edited the post.
( My Reviews - #263 by anon85834913 )
I also worked in a table for the Star ratings, although, when time permits I’ll have a go at formatting the table a bit better so that it doesn’t take up so much space.

3 Likes

Looks good! :grin:

1 Like

A Markdown table may be quicker, and a little more compact:

(Out of 5)
Design :star: :star: :star: :star:
Value :star: :star: :star: :star:
Quality :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Fit :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Sexiness :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Overall Rating :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
<table> 

| | (Out of 5) | 
 | - | - | 
**Design** | :star:  :star:  :star:  :star: 
**Value** | :star:  :star:  :star:  :star: 
**Quality** | :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:  :star: 
**Fit** | :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:  :star: 
**Sexiness** | :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:
**Overall Rating** | :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:  :star: 

</table>

(bookending the markdown with the html <table> </table> stops smaller tables from stretching too wide on larger devices)

2 Likes

That certainly seems a lot easier - Thanks @Ian_Chimp
I wasn’t aware you could do that. Is there somewhere you could point to some sort of Markdown reference?

1 Like

Discobot mentions the basics in one of his tutorials, and there’s a bit in Bonus Formatting. :+1: There’s also this Markdown tutorial that might be useful too.

2 Likes

Here’s an updated Review template for the My Reviews topic. You can copy this one with one click using the clipboard icon in the top-right corner. :+1:

<small>by @username, Date of Review
[Product Name](Product Link)</small>

<div align="center">

![Product Name|200x265](image upload)

<big>Review Title</big>

</div>

Add review text here

> **Overall Rating:** ? out of 5 stars
>
> **Pros:**
>
> **Cons:**
>
> **Bottom Line:**

And I’ll put a star grid in too, in case anyone fancies adding one of those in. You’ll need to amend the stars, and maybe add/remove an option or two depending on the item.

<table> 

| | (Out of 5) | 
 | - | - | 
**Design** |&nbsp; ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
**Value** |&nbsp; ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
**Quality** |&nbsp; ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
**Fit** |&nbsp; ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
**Sexiness** |&nbsp; ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
**Overall Rating** |&nbsp; ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

</table>
2 Likes

Just trying stuff that I don’t really expect to work as I don’t think LH have the Discourse mathjax plugin but brief try:

$$\sum_{i=0}^n i^2 = \frac{(n^2+n)(2n+1)}{6}$$

$$
\phi \varphi
$$

$$
\Biggl(\biggl(\Bigl(\bigl((x)\bigr)\Bigr)\biggr)\Biggr)
$$

$\color{red}{red text}$

ETA - Nope :sob:

1 Like

Testing replying

1 Like

Sorry, just testing replying within a thread, it’s been a bit glitchy for me. Please ignore!

2 Likes

Just wanted to check the emojis :bum2:

If you are interested in having a profile picture it’s not as hoop-jumpy as the rest of the photo uploads. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can upload one from your Preferences/Account page. There are currently no restrictions on Trust Level or moderator approval, etc so you can just upload one straight away. :+1:

There are still some restrictions on what’s allowed, but they’re pretty much the same as the old site (apart from the ‘no nipples across the board’ new rule).

No not really, if I can’t have an opinion then what’s the point of being on this forum?

I wouldn’t take it to heart. I thought your comment was fair and neutral. Ultimately you have to take a lot of internet stories on faith, and sometimes people can get a little het-up if you suggest Santa might not be real. :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t let it stop you from enjoying the other topics, and just generally having a nice time. :+1:

2 Likes

So I’m not allowed to have an opinion, ok gotcha.

I think you may have misunderstood the thrust of what I was saying. I didn’t mean anyone had to take them on faith, just that people either believe or not depending on gut feeling. You are entirely welcome (and somewhat encouraged) to have varying degrees of mistrust for every ‘too-good-to-be-true’ story you read on here. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think a lot of them (true or not) come with the caveat of ‘Results May Vary’ :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@For_Your_Eyes_Only_x I’ve been enjoying reading your reviews :kissing_heart: In case you didn’t notice, I just wanted to tell you - When you copy the text of your review from the LH site to post on the forum, a sentence or two into the review, the review title will be inserted. Ex:

If you have hesitations about going down Read more about review stating Berry Niceon your OH due to smells or tastes, this is ideal.

The sleeve provides plenty of useful information thRead more about review stating Loving Our Planet IS Orgasmicat I… absolutely definitely ignored to begin with because I was so keen to get my hands on the toy.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, my bad! Thanks @PKH, will edit!

1 Like

Testing replying again

Your last few posts have been replying to the post directly above yours. You don’t get a ‘replying to’ avatar in the top right corner if your message comes straight after theirs.

I think they still get a notification though? Hopefully you got one for this reply. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’ve whipped up a quick DOTD template:

<div align="center">

<small>[date] </small>
<big>🌟<hairsp> <b>Deal of the Day</b> <hairsp>🌟</big>

Place image here (suggested size 200x265) 

[Product Name](Product Link)
~~RRP~~ <big>DOTD price</big> (% off) 

>Batteries Required: None (if a toy) 

</div>

[poll name=dotd type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]
# **I own it and...**
* I recommend it 👍
* I am not a fan 👎
[/poll]
2 Likes