The Sandbox

Pin the tail on the donkey? Or some variation with tail butt plugs? No idea what I’m thinking really :thinking:

3 Likes

Hmm. Hunt the thimble? Duck, duck, goose? Snakes and ladders?

1 Like

Edit: Just realised you were suggesting game ideas, and not fishing for duck clues. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t want to give too much away, but there’s one extra special duck in there. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nope, i fished the duck out already :grin:

2 Likes

Hi @Ian_Chimp (or anyone else), why in this post will my bottom two pictures not line up?

There is nothing in the code to drop the one on the right and it looks correct in the preview. Driving me nuts!

1 Like

Huh, odd. Mine do that occasionally too, havent the foggiest why

2 Likes

I think I may know the answer, but I’m having trouble articulating it. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll have another bash in the morning. :+1:

But this one should work:

![DOMINIX Deluxe Leather and Chain Bra Harness|100x130](upload://lpPVlfd1iaW2OupilV9RU5kaAJp.jpeg)

2 Likes

Interesting - Did work and with size I wanted :thinking:

Thank you!

Is it something to do with yours being a .jpeg rather than a .webp image?

1 Like

Sorry, I accidentally put 150x130 in instead of 100x130. :man_facepalming::slightly_smiling_face:

For that fourth one, did you by any chance grab the thumbnail image instead of the main image?

When this has happened to me previously it’s because the image I pasted/uploaded had smaller dimensions than 500x500, so the system didn’t feel it needed to convert it to a jpeg as it was small enough to fit on most screens already, so left it as a png (small images don’t open in the lightbox pop out).

Yours were all webp though, which muddies the water a little. But I wondered if that fourth one had smaller ‘original’ dimensions than the other three, and that’s why it was being treated differently?

2 Likes

No, it was definitely the full sized image but for some reason mine never convert to .jpegs :woman_shrugging:t2:. I know I’ve had issues with it before when there was something else we were trying (maybe the pasting an image the size you want that is then not clickable to a larger one?).

I can’t copy and paste images, I have to save and upload them again at which time they are never .jpegs. It’s rather irritating.

1 Like

It seems that image has smaller dimensions than the others:

https://media.lovehoneyassets.com/i/lovehoney/83536_a46477_black_000?$primary$&h=490&w=368

So if you download it and upload it, it won’t resize it as its already small enough to fit on most screens.

Whereas if I copy and paste it, it auto-sizes it to the standard 375x500 ratio:

![image|375x500](upload://lpPVlfd1iaW2OupilV9RU5kaAJp.jpeg)

For comparison, the luggage rack body harness has these dimensions:

https://media.lovehoneyassets.com/i/lovehoney/83535_a46476_black_000?$primary$&h=2040&w=1534

So does resize when uploaded.

(I checked these by picking ‘open image in new tab’, and then just looking at the URL :+1:)

2 Likes

Oh that’s interesting. I did notice it had slightly different dimensions to the normal images when I uploaded it before resizing but assumed since the ones I was actually requesting were significantly smaller too all would be good.

An oddity but almost certainly the correct explanation. Thank you!

2 Likes

It’s very odd that my phone refuses to paste images onto the forum.

I can copy them fine and paste them into Samsung notes no problem but I can’t paste images to the forum. They’re on my clipboard but just won’t paste here :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’ve confused myself now. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve just tried to replicate it and the troublesome photo is now showing as normal dimensions:

https://media.lovehoneyassets.com/i/lovehoney/83536_a46477_black_000?$primary$&h=2040&w=1534

I think I may have grabbed one of the smaller menu ones from the search results by accident earlier. :thinking:

But whenever I’ve had an image that won’t align with the others, and doesn’t get a pop out, it’s because of it having smaller original dimensions and it not being converted the same way.

Edit: Sorry. Just seen your second message. :slightly_smiling_face:

What’s the process for you getting images from Lovehoney? I need to update the photo guide, but everyone seems to do it in a different way. :slightly_smiling_face:

Product page → Long-press on main, big image → Download Image → Upload to reply window?

Is there any scope for ‘open in new tab’, and then long-pressing on that image to bring up a slightly different menu?

1 Like

My process is long press on main image :arrow_right: Save to device :arrow_right: Upload image

But just checking the images I saved to my phone, all the others are 1534 x 2040 and the troublesome image is a lower resolution 368 x 490 so your explanation is definitely correct but I certainly took the main image at the time not a thumbnail so something weird their end I believe.

2 Likes

I’ve been having a little play in a Samsung browser, but I can’t even get a copy image option. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m not sure it works the same without having the Samsung phone/clipboard, etc.

No idea why it won’t let you paste it into your reply window once it’s on your clipboard. :man_shrugging: Very intriguing though. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

All that I’m seeing in this chain is size really does matter :joy:

3 Likes

I had another play, and I found you can ‘pick up’ a picture by longpressing on it, and then it sticks to your finger (ignore the menu pop up, and just keep holding your finger down). However, I couldn’t do anything else with it after that. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wondered if your Samsung was better equipped to handle it? I read something awhile back about iOS having a similar feature, and you could drag and drop the image into different applications? :crossed_fingers:

I found this, though not sure it’s helpful?

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/how-to-drag-and-drop-copied-images-from-one-window-to-another-in-samsung-galaxy-a5/

2 Likes

Interesting, seem to be able to do the drag and drop with the tiny images on ios, the zoom on the big picture definetly messes with images for me and it wont play ball on the large ones

1 Like

How about if you copy the image link and open it in its own tab? Can you drag and drop from there?

1 Like