The Sandbox

@Ian_Chimp’s handy Pie Chart :slightly_smiling_face:

Pie Tasty? Recommended?
Apple Tasty :+1: Definitely
Furry Tasty :+1: Definitely
Furry Apple Not tasty :-1: No. Don’t eat that. That’s mould.
1 Like

Lets try this .

1 Like

Have to say @Ian_Chimp
The Sandbox
is a great idea :+1:

Maybe we should have had a playpen aswell.

2 Likes

If you quote someone but don’t tag them as well do they get notified?

I could be wrong @Cassii but I think that depends on their notification settings. I think we can change them ourselves.

2 Likes

There’s some info in Category and Topic Notifications?.

It doesn’t specifically mention being quoted, only replied to and mentioned. We could try it out? :slightly_smiling_face: I’m Watching this topic, but if you quote me in something obscure like this topic Brenna has been practicing in I’ll let you know if I get a ping. :+1:

As @jbfrater said, you can change your Topic tracking notification to ‘Muted’ (and a User too, if you’re desperate) and then you won’t recieve diddly from that particular topic(/user). :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

@discobot Start tutorial

Did you get a notification?

Hmm, I can’t see a way to quote you across topics - only from within the same topic (unless using the “make this post a new topic” feature)

The way I’ve been doing it (Android) is to highlight the text I want to quote, and then tap the floating quote button that pops up. This puts it straight in your reply box. If you then start writing your reply (or just ‘ghghfhdhf’) it’ll bank your reply when you minimise it. That way you can then navigate your way to a new topic, finish your message, and click Reply. You should then get an option to choose between posting it to the original Topic, or the new one. :+1:

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure :joy: it told me I have two replies - so I think that’s you and @Ian_Chimp!

Aha, so Ian_Chimp’s magic has proved it’s a yes.
If you have already posted in the topic the notification looks like a standard reply, if not then the notification is a different one that indicates it’s a quote.

Good work solving the mystery, team! :joy:

1 Like

Quote notifications look like this:

1 Like

Ah, thank you - I hadn’t twigged that one yet!

I was looking for it in my Notifications, but there weren’t any of those. I’m obviously not that quotable. :slightly_smiling_face:

Obviously you’re just already in every topic already :wink: no special quote marks for you, reply arrows only!

Said from the genius.

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp You seem to be the magic man concerning these techy things. I recently did the bot tutorial. All went well until it asked me to put up a picture in my reply. Did the upload picture no probs but when I pressed reply it said I wasn’t allowed to put a picture in reply. Tried several times with same result (weird considering it was a tutorial). Finally got around it by replying without a picture. The bot then gave me a linked picture so essentially did it for me.
The other part was search. Entered the search requirement and clicked on the magnifying glass again (in other search engines this starts the search) and nothing happened. It only started the search when I press enter on the keyboard. Not a major prob but a slight niggle as I’m used to clicking.

@totoro without getting around it, I’m sure I read somewhere that you have to hit the second level to post pictures. I may be wrong, but that may be why. That’s where I got upto aswel.

1 Like

I understand that but this was a tutorial and the bot was asking me to do it. Odd considering the tutorial is aimed and new starters.

Yeah, I totally agree. It stumped me at first. :joy: