The Sandbox

Hi @Onlyones. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you put your question/header above the poll then it wonā€™t appear as an option. :+1:

Eg

Stainless Steel

[poll type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]
* Yes
* No
[/poll]

@Ian_Chimp I have a feeling you may have pointed that out to me before .I shall try to remember in future as it just looks wrong like that.

1 Like

I gave up. :slightly_smiling_face: I donā€™t think it likes them in the Details. Iā€™m just trying to do a regular in-page anchor, and it only seems to work outside the nested categories.

Thatā€™s okay. :slightly_smiling_face: Have a practice in here if you need it. :+1:

I think i did that too,in my defence it has been one of those days trying to explain technology to your 80+ mother in law is no joke. :frowning_face:

Testing doing a topic link via the link button

The Great Pub Quiz Game Thread

And by just copying the link onto a new line

And if I add a post number it previews that specific post

And if I add a post number that doesnā€™t exist yet does it then work when that post gets created?

Edit: ooh, so the link will work once the post gets created and it will then add in a onebox preview after a few minutes. Very interesting!
So itā€™s possible to link to posts that havenā€™t yet been made and then as soon as they ARE made it then creates the one box preview.

1 Like

Letā€™s find out

I think it was because the post I was linking to didnā€™t exist yet, then as soon as it did exist the one box sorted itself out.

Just having a play to see what happens trying to link to the future!

1 Like

Just testing creating a poll! Donā€™t mind me :blush:

• This has worked really well
  • No it hasnā€™t

0 voters

Edit: Can people see the results once Iā€™ve closed the poll even if they didnā€™t vote?

1 Like

I can see this has 100% worked really well. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

FABULOUS! Thanks so much as always @Ian_Chimp.

This is an excellent thread to try things out first! Brilliant idea.

1 Like

Here`s a question for @Ian_Chimp or @Lovehoney_Brennaā€¦i have had a box pop up a couple of times after replying to a single member a few consecutive times, it suggests sending them a personal message instead of continuing on the forum and there is a link. I thought this was not allowed? I hesitate to click the link, in case i get into trouble!

Ooooh. That is interesting. :slightly_smiling_face: Private Messages are locked (apart from the ones Brenna sends). I imagine that clicking on that button would send you to a dead-end. Click on it next time and see what it does. :slightly_smiling_face:

How many replies does it count as too many?

@Ian_Chimp Looks like about 3 or 4, but i am sure iā€™ve had more back and forth replies in other topics, i was replying to @wildflower in the What Are You Currently Doing? Topic, regarding her washing machine woes. Strange how it never pops up in the Word Association or Change A Letter topics where it`s often just two people playing for a while depending on the time of day?

1 Like

Ok @Ian_Chimp :slight_smile:

Doggone!

Me neither!

@Ian_Chimp i will keep tagging your name, that may be how the programme recognises multiple responses to the same person?

@Ian_Chimp

@Ian_Chimp good idea