The Sandbox

Thanks Ian, I was missing the line break thing and just putting in a normal space which was messing things up. Much clearer now!

Will have a play later x

1 Like

Let’s try a poll bank. :slightly_smiling_face:

Slightly squiffy as I can’t find a picture for ‘fingers’ in the same dimensions as the rest of the product photos. :slightly_smiling_face:

I should have said earlier … I think this would make an interesting topic of it’s own and more people would see it :smiley:

The precision one? I think so too, but it just doesn’t feel quite ‘finished’ yet. Which do you prefer? The one with the product links, or the second one with the precision description instead?

I was also wondering if the product/images were the best examples, or if anyone had any better suggestions. :slightly_smiling_face:

And, hypothetically, if I were to include a bunch of other clit-based polls, what other questions could I ask? (eg stimulation type)

I think you could include both polls (the precision one and the stimulation type one).

Personally I prefer the second one with the description (broad, medium etc) because it’s hard to tell the size of the toy from the picture in some cases (the squishy wand is a lot smaller than I had imagined until I saw it in someone’s toy box photo.). I’m also lazy and can’t be bothered to click on all the links to look up the sizes! On the other hand it’s nice to have the link so that people can have a look if they decide they like the look of one of them that they hadn’t come across before. Pros and cons! :thinking:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp or anyone else who might know…How do I reply to a post in a different thread? Say there is a post in one thread but it is starting to go off topic, how do I reply in say, the lounge thread? I’m sure this has been done before but I’ve not worked it out yet!

The easiest way is if you pull up your reply editor and drop the quote in as normal, and then copy it. Then go to the Lounge, open up a new reply window and paste the quote in there. Then reply and post as normal. :+1:

And there’s also this tip from the Tip Topic. It’s about how to quote from a closed topic, but it uses an alternative method. :+1:

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t have voted on my own poll but wanted to see if it worked!

1 Like

It worked! I think :grin:

1 Like

Looks good to me. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

@anon8189768, it seemed appropriate to reply in here. :slightly_smiling_face:

The way you did it was fine. :+1: You thought there was a bigger conversation to be had, and that it would take it off-topic if you had it there. And you included a link to the original post, which joined it all up. :tada:

There is a button that will do that for you called ‘Reply as linked topic’, and that pretty much does exactly as you’ve done. You can find that in your reply window, above the format bar in the very top left. If you tap the swoosh arrow it will bring up the option ‘reply to topic’, or ‘reply as linked topic’ (the menu is a bit squiffy, but it’s the + symbol). If you tap that it’ll convert your window into a ‘create topic’ one, and insert something like:

Continuing the discussion from The Sandbox:

at the top, that links to the post you’re replying to.

It’s also in the timestamp menu in the top right of every post. :+1:

I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone actually use it yet though. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@anon8189768 I try and pop all the ad hoc forum help in here to make it easier to find/keep it together. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

To embed a link you can use the :link: icon in your reply editor’s format bar. That will bring up the link wizard. Simply put the URL in the top box, and the text you want to display in the bottom one. And that will give you something that looks like this in your reply window:

[Tracey Cox Supersex G-Spot Vibrator](Tracey Cox Supersex Powerful Rechargeable G-Spot Vibrator - Lovehoney UK)

But will display like this:

Tracey Cox Supersex G-Spot Vibrator

You can also manually add the [] and () brackets in the right places to get the same result too.

And you can start typing a forum topic title into the URL box instead and that will make some auto-suggestions you can pick from. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Ian_Chimp! You legit rock! I appreciate you :slight_smile:

1 Like

We can have another go in here if you fancy? What device/browser are you using?

Thanks Ian. I’m using my android mobile

I use Chrome on android. :+1: If you go to the product page you want to link and tap once on the address bar you should see a little share icon, a copy icon, and an edit pencil on the righthandside. If you tap the copy one (the two sheets of paper/rectangle one) it will copy the link. You can then long-press in your forum reply window and paste it in. :+1:

That’s the simplest way. It’s not as pretty as some, but it works. :slightly_smiling_face: But once you’ve mastered that I can show you how to make it into a hyperlink. :+1:

Let me know if your browser is different, and I’ll try and talk you through an alternative way. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you @Ian_Chimp I will gove it a go later :blush:

1 Like

Oops I did it again! Sorry!

I’m trying to remove a lot of my old posts on here but I seem to accidentally end up bumping them onto the current page when I do. I don’t know why it keeps happening with some and not the others. I’m not aware of doing anything differently when I mark them for deletion.

@Ian_Chimp Have you any ideas what I am doing wrong so I can try to avoid doing it again?

Thanks in advance.

It’s when it’s the last post in the topic. If you edit it (or withdraw it) it counts that as ‘latest activity’ and it spins it to the top of the list again. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you really want to get rid of those without bumping then you can flag them as ‘something else’ and ask Brenna to do it instead (as she can reset the ‘bump date’). I’m not sure how many she’ll want to do in one go, but you can always space them out. Brenna will be back in on Tuesday so may be able to add a bit more info. :+1:

1 Like