The Sandbox

Ah, that makes perfect sense as I did notice some of my replies were the last one on the thread but I didn’t realise how that would mess up the forum if I then deleted it.

Thanks @Ian_Chimp for the super speedy reply :grinning:

1 Like

The Sandbox

Missing Vowels

@Oldman Photo Gallery - test

Sometimes you need to refresh the page to get it to work. :thinking:

Sorry, only just seen this. :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s a few different ways depending on what you want, but the easiest one is by either grabbing the topic/post address by long-pressing on the timestamp at the top-right of the post you want to link to, or by clicking on the :link: icon at the bottom of the post - and choose ‘copy link address’.

With that you can either just drop it into your post on a line all by itself to ‘onebox’ it, or turn it into a hyperlink.

But you can also quote as well (as I’ve done above). One way is to highlight the text you want to quote and press the floating quote box to automatically insert it into your reply editor. Select all, and copy, then navigate to the topic you actually want to reply to and paste it into your reply there. :+1:

1 Like

And you can have a practice in here if you want to try a few different ways out. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I basically get a Discobot number and then put it in the ‘Jump To’ box in the topic navigation pop up. :slightly_smiling_face:

But Discobot only goes as high as 120, and there are currently 140 posts in the PotW topic (and post 1 is the OP, so we don’t need that one :slightly_smiling_face:).

@discobot roll 1d140

Did you know that the maximum number of sides for a mathematically fair die is 120?

:game_die: 6

:thinking: Or maybe he does, and just gives me grief about it not being fair.

Edit: I have blasted a few rolls in my Discobot topic, and it seems he isn’t capped out at 120 after all. I have been working on a faulty assumption. :slightly_smiling_face: Okay - that makes things simpler. :+1:

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

:crossed_fingers: I guess we won’t know for sure until he comes up with a number higher than 120 (haven’t seen the rolls in discobot topic - has he??) but since he’s not actually rolling a dice and should just be working on a random number generator algorithm there’s no reason he can’t go much higher than 120 :woman_shrugging:t2:

ETA I think this should be the fairest way of random choice each time :crossed_fingers: it works! :blush:

I did think it was an odd limitation to impose on him. :slightly_smiling_face: As yet, I haven’t actually seen him go higher than 120 in my test rolls (I’m hoping the ‘yay, it works’ means that you’ve succeeded?).

If it works I’ll do the 1d140 (141, 142 etc). :+1: Bit bummed I capped off the Role Play game at 120 now though…

1 Like

:rofl: I think there is plenty of variety with the number of roll play options listed! :+1:

Oh, of course. 120 is loads. Who would possibly need/want more than that?

*quietly shelves plans for a 250-slot mega-grid…*

2 Likes

:rofl: Knock yourself out!

Small update. I don’t think he does go higher than 120…

@discobot roll 20d500

Did you know that the maximum number of sides for a mathematically fair die is 120?

:game_die: 55, 82, 9, 86, 80, 82, 27, 31, 45, 3, 25, 69, 49, 57, 108, 114, 46, 46, 3, 87

Oh well that’s disappointing and very stupid since no real dice is being rolled!!! :joy:

Oh well. As you were. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

@Ksag8602 @SubbedbyHeels

When Brenna edits a post she normally leaves an edit message to tell you why. It also leaves a note in your edit notification too, so if you missed it the first time you can have a look back and see. :+1:

It’s also in the edit history of the post as well. They’re only visible to you and the site staff, but you can click on the pencil icon in the top right of an edited post to see all the revisions :+1:

1 Like

It was over a week ago, so I don’t know why except it said it was offensive to others (it was something I posted in the fantasy thread). I guess I need to read the words you can’t say on the forum.

I didn’t see it until today. I’ve been away with my husband tending to my mother-in-law’s funeral arrangements, etc. She died the Saturday night before Easter. Just now getting back to somewhat normal.

I’m sorry to hear that. That must have been a tough Easter for you all.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the odd edit here and there, especially if you’re a newer member. If it was on overly descriptive fantasy they can often get a nip and a tweak here and there if they’ve erred to the salacious side. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Ian_Chimp @Peitho could you have him role a die to see which group I. E. 1-9, 10-19 etc… And then roll another die to choose number in that range.

Thinking 10 would be 0, 10, 20 etc…

2 Likes