The Sandbox

Just wanted to check the emojis :bum2:

If you are interested in having a profile picture itā€™s not as hoop-jumpy as the rest of the photo uploads. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can upload one from your Preferences/Account page. There are currently no restrictions on Trust Level or moderator approval, etc so you can just upload one straight away. :+1:

There are still some restrictions on whatā€™s allowed, but theyā€™re pretty much the same as the old site (apart from the ā€˜no nipples across the boardā€™ new rule).

No not really, if I canā€™t have an opinion then whatā€™s the point of being on this forum?

I wouldnā€™t take it to heart. I thought your comment was fair and neutral. Ultimately you have to take a lot of internet stories on faith, and sometimes people can get a little het-up if you suggest Santa might not be real. :slightly_smiling_face:

Donā€™t let it stop you from enjoying the other topics, and just generally having a nice time. :+1:

2 Likes

So Iā€™m not allowed to have an opinion, ok gotcha.

I think you may have misunderstood the thrust of what I was saying. I didnā€™t mean anyone had to take them on faith, just that people either believe or not depending on gut feeling. You are entirely welcome (and somewhat encouraged) to have varying degrees of mistrust for every ā€˜too-good-to-be-trueā€™ story you read on here. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think a lot of them (true or not) come with the caveat of ā€˜Results May Varyā€™ :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@For_Your_Eyes_Only_x Iā€™ve been enjoying reading your reviews :kissing_heart: In case you didnā€™t notice, I just wanted to tell you - When you copy the text of your review from the LH site to post on the forum, a sentence or two into the review, the review title will be inserted. Ex:

If you have hesitations about going down Read more about review stating Berry Niceon your OH due to smells or tastes, this is ideal.

The sleeve provides plenty of useful information thRead more about review stating Loving Our Planet IS Orgasmicat Iā€¦ absolutely definitely ignored to begin with because I was so keen to get my hands on the toy.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, my bad! Thanks @PKH, will edit!

1 Like

Testing replying again

Your last few posts have been replying to the post directly above yours. You donā€™t get a ā€˜replying toā€™ avatar in the top right corner if your message comes straight after theirs.

I think they still get a notification though? Hopefully you got one for this reply. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve whipped up a quick DOTD template:

<div align="center">

<small>[date] </small>
<big>šŸŒŸ<hairsp> <b>Deal of the Day</b> <hairsp>šŸŒŸ</big>

Place image here (suggested size 200x265) 

[Product Name](Product Link)
~~RRP~~ <big>DOTD price</big> (% off) 

>Batteries Required: None (if a toy) 

</div>

[poll name=dotd type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]
# **I own it and...**
* I recommend it šŸ‘
* I am not a fan šŸ‘Ž
[/poll]
2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp How do you embed a link in the title when creating a new topic? I saw this :point_down: and tried pasting the url in the title line, but how do I do the url and a title?

For that you paste the link in the title box first, and it should generate a onebox in the preview. If you publish that, you can then change the title to something more suitable afterwards. :+1:

It took me a couple of practices to get it right. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ve put a ā€˜UKā€™ in the title of the :uk: one to make it even more obvious:

Does that work?

@AshhhDTD was considering doing an Australian one a while back tooā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is correct @Ian_Chimp I was then my phone decided to take a shit with the forum on my regular Brower and @Lovehoney_Brenna suggested I try a different browser and it has worked as I work aroundā€¦

I might have a fiddle around with it in here and see if I can get them to work and actually start doing the AUS one, thanks for the reminder :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for your help (and for the DOTD template)! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::ok_hand:

2 Likes

No worries. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: Itā€™s nice to have more of an international flavour to the boards. I think we get a lot more people from outside the UK on here now that the forum is linked on all the different shopping sites.

The easiest way to do a recurring dotd format is to reply to the dotd post from the day before, and then press the speech bubble icon on the left of your format bar to quote the whole post. Then edit out the quote header/footer tags, and swop in the new details. :+1:

As youā€™re the topic owner of the US one you wonā€™t hit any ā€˜3 in a rowā€™ post blocks in there like with the My Review topic either.

2 Likes

https://lovehoneyforum.com/c/your-photos/91

1 Like

I feel bad asking here but Iā€™ve lost my password so pretty please with a cherry on top can you let into the club @Ian_Chimp :+1:

Iā€™m not sure I can do anything? All the passwords are automated, and the recovery and alternative login link is by email. Have you checked your spam folder?