The Sandbox

I got the link but when I clicked onto it I got took back to the home page :thinking: tried again just there n the sames happening, I’m being taught a lesson for lack of attendance :joy::joy::joy:

I’ll see if I can come up with the password, problem is I’ve that many they’re impossible to remember most the time, can’t tell you how many accounts I’ve lost cos of this :person_shrugging: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Alyssa646

I think you may have clicked on the wrong link in the email. The first one is a link to the site in general, the second, messier one at the bottom is the link to automatically login. :+1:

Did you receive your password reset email too? (it’s the second link you need in that one as well)

@Bearjamin Excellent addition to the My Reviews topic. :+1:

Just an FYI, when you copy your review text from the shopping site you get a couple of extra snippets of unwanted guff in there that you may want to edit out:

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp Oops! Thanks for that!

2 Likes

I’ll not even try to justify the idiocy of my actions
:face_with_hand_over_mouth: thanks for explaining though @Ian_Chimp :+1:

1 Like

Do I need to close the poll at any point, or is it ok to just leave it open?

I own it and…
  • I recommend it :+1:
  • I am not a fan :-1:

0 voters

1 Like

I leave them open. :+1:

1 Like

No worries. I’m just glad you got it sorted. :slightly_smiling_face:

And a happy bonus is that I now know more about the password system. :partying_face:

1-11-2021
:star2: :australia: AUS Deal of the Day :star2:

Lovehoney Triple Tickler Realistic Clear G-Spot Dildo Vibrator 5.5 Inch
$44.95 $27.00 (40% off)

Batteries Required: 2 X AA

I own it and…
  • I recommend it :+1:
  • I am not a fan :-1:
0 voters

Let’s see if this works, also how do I add in the Aus flag @Ian_Chimp is it just an emoji :australia:

3 Likes

That’s looking pretty good. :+1:

Couple of tweaks:

• The product link should go to the full product page rather than the DOTD one (otherwise it will be out of date the next day, and the dotd page is a summary and doesn’t include reviews, etc even when refreshed)
  • You can make the image a little more proportional by changing the size from 375x500 to 200x265

The :australia: flag is just an emoji. :+1: We’ve put the UK and US one in the title of the topic rather than in each post, but a few format quirks may help differentiate multiple special offer topics from each other? I’m not sure. What do you reckon @Peitho @PKH - how consistent does the format need to be?

And the other useful bit for when you start the topic itself is embedding a link to the Aus special offer page in the topic header:

Another top tip:

If you scroll down to the order by phone section on the dotd page, you can grab the product code and tap that into the search bar and it will take you straight to the full product page:

2 Likes

I like consistency but that’s probably more to do with my slight OCD than anything else (and I already break it with just putting the picture link with whatever it saves it as rather than the more searchable descriptive one you use :see_no_evil:)

@AshhhDTD I think really it’s up to whoever is running the thread how they want it to look little tweak wise - I did pop a Pumpkin in the date header yesterday :joy: but otherwise stick to @Ian_Chimp 's format (which I like a lot). However the point about the link going to the product page rather than the DOTD page definitely needs to happen or previous post links won’t work to the correct products.

3 Likes

If you guys have any adjustments you want to make to the DOTD template, so they’re all looking the same, I’m down, just let me know :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

@Peitho @AshhhDTD I don’t know if it’s just the browser I use (Safari), but your DOTD photos don’t load for me, they’re just an outlined white box with a little blue box with a question mark inside. @Ian_Chimp’s load as pictures :thinking:

That’s interesting. This one and @Peitho’s are webp rather than a jpeg:

![59518_a410_clear_000|375x500](upload://e5UbmAjwATil0OCEibfRfjb3liV.webp)

I’ll have a Google.

Google is saying that safari supports webp from version 14 (September 2020). Is it possible for you to update your browser? @PKH

2 Likes

Oh that’s not good :see_no_evil:. I think, @Ian_Chimp , you do the copy and paste picture thing, don’t you? I can’t do that on my phone so save the pictures from the site and upload them to the forum. By default they are .webp which I always thought was fine. Maybe I should convert before uploading?

1 Like

I usually right click, then download image, then when I upload it, it’s a jpeg :thinking:

I do that but it’s a .webp :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Sorry, I just looked and the one I click says “save image to downloads.”

[ I don’t really know, I’m not super tech savvy :grimacing: ]

I copy and paste. There are a few ways depending on device. @Peitho’s Samsung is particularly awkward. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve added a tip to the post above with a quick way to get from the DOTD summary page to the product page itself:

If you scroll down to the order by phone section on the dotd page, you can grab the product code and tap that into the search bar and it will take you straight to the full product page:

2 Likes

Any luck on updating your browser?

2 Likes

I’ll have to have my husband do it for me so that I don’t break my computer :see_no_evil:

( @Peitho @AshhhDTD Sorry, I guess I’m not up to date, carry on :joy: )

1 Like