The Sandbox

Just trying…

So if I use Chrome I can do the copy and paste thing which is easier and produces .jpeg’s. Saving from Chrome I still get .webp’s

I never normally use Chrome on my phone… just had to go through all the set up stuff :joy:. It does keep asking me if I want to open new pages in Lovehoney app or Samsung Internet instead but with a bit of a push will stay here. Maybe I’ll use Chrome for LH today and see how I get on.

@PKH does the image above show for you?

2 Likes

Yup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure you won’t be the only one with an old browser (if that is what the issue is), so it’s still useful to know. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@PKH Is this image displaying properly for you?

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp No (it’s the white box outline with the little blue box and question mark), but I still haven’t updated my browser :grimacing:

@Peitho I can see your DOTD pic :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Ah, no worries. I tried sneakily changing the extention of the existing webp to jpeg to see if that would work. Twas a longshot. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Peitho Do the Reactions work better on chrome too?

Nope, not really, still takes a few attempts.

I love the picture copying and pasting, I don’t like not having the clipboard for mass copying before pasting. Swings and roundabouts.

I also like having the tabs at the top right though which makes switching while typing responses easier.

1 Like

Ah, I thought a browser swop might help. It may be more of a phone touchscreen issue. :thinking:

1 Like

highlight

<mark>highlight </mark>
highlight

<mark>highlight </mark>

$79.99 $40.00 (50% off)

~~$79.99~~ <big>$40</big>.00 (50% off)

~~$79.99~~ <big>$40</big>.00 (50% off)

@Ian_Chimp For showing your templates and when you showed how to highlight, do you have a way to make all of the code visible? Or do you go through and change all the symbols that have commands to the entity names/numbers, "<"s to “& l t ;” ?

You can use the \ in front of the code piece to ‘escape’ it, but that can still be a faff. I use the preformatted text option:

<div align="center">

Centred text

</div>

It’s the one inbetween the quote symbol and the smiley face in your format bar.

1 Like

highlight

<mark>highlight </mark>

<mark>highlight </mark>

<mark>highlight </mark>

<mark>highlight </mark>

\<mark>highlight \</mark>

<small>\<mark>highlight \</mark></small>

That’s a lot easier :joy: :joy:
Thanks for your help :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

There’s another trick you might like that can reveal a topic/post’s formatting. If you grab a topic/post link, and replace the /t/topic-title with ‘raw’ you get the uncooked version:

Normal:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/sexual-happiness-podcasts/266281

Raw:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/raw/266281

(same for posts - https://lovehoneyforum.com/raw/257700/1747)

And if you’re interested in erotic fiction and want to help build a forum then have a look in my profile. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very cool, thanks for the help! Now I have some new stuff to mess around with :grin:

1 Like

Nice to see another My Review-er @LRLRL :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Copying the review text from the product page also grabs a little extra gumph you might want to snip out:

I think you got one, but not the one at the start. :+1:

And if you get rid of the ```` right at the end, that will get rid of the floating clipboard. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Great Big Photo Guide has a little how to for uploading, a guide for resizing/formatting photos, and the photo rules.

You can practice uploading, resizing, and formatting photos here in the sandbox :+1: (Don’t forget, we’re only allowed to post LH pictures outside of the Your Photos category)

All images apart from YouTube clips and Lovehoney website images must be posted to a topic in Your Photos for moderator approval before going live on the site.

3 Likes

And you have to be Trust Level 2. :+1: There’s a bit more info in Trust Levels

1 Like

Thanks @PKH & @Ian_Chimp :+1:

I am at trust level 2 already so a bit of light reading for me needed to understand the how to’s :nerd_face:

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

You can only share images from the Lovehoney website itself across all the boards. If it’s a photo of your own you’ll have to post it to a topic in the #your-photos category so it can be moderator-approved before it goes live on the site. :+1:

Have a read of the photo rules @PKH linked above. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes