The stupidest thing you've ever done?

Oh - I forgot to say - I attempted to strip the wires with my teeth...

I guess a dentist would say it was a just punishment.

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Not pushed it further with a girl I knew when (I) was a late teenager I still love her today, 30+ years later and still have the photo of her, and no its not my wife. You have no idea,,,,,,,,,,,,

This.

And I do, yes. [sigh]

It's interesting reading these I've done some of them too I once couldn't understand why my hairdryer wasn't working... I had switched it off at the plug instead of the radio xD

I let my friends come between me and the one man I've ever loved. I didn't see the warning signs that even though he's gay (my friend not the fella) he was jealous and fancied the fella for himself, he hates the fact that I had someone and he didn't and I was stupidly blind for 13 years to realise Him and my other mate have been controlling my life and manipulating me the whole time.

Telling me what to do, how to dress, when to dance and drink etc

chilled_out wrote:

Not pushed it further with a girl I knew when (I) was a late teenager I still love her today, 30+ years later and still have the photo of her, and no its not my wife. You have no idea,,,,,,,,,,,,

This.

And I do, yes. [sigh]

Grass may be greener. Forget regrets. If you can and still want to try with her, do it. If not leave it in the past and enjoy the here and now.

I don't have this type of regret specifically, but do have many others. I struggle to take my own advice, but know it's for the best.

I'm long over it now of course - it was decades ago - but I did kick myself for a long time !

C'est la vie !

VR wrote:

chilled_out wrote:

This.

And I do, yes. [sigh]

Grass may be greener. Forget regrets. If you can and still want to try with her, do it. If not leave it in the past and enjoy the here and now.

I don't have this type of regret specifically, but do have many others. I struggle to take my own advice, but know it's for the best.

This is one of those things one will never forget, powerful emotions then and still now, just thinking about her, still, can make me cry,,,,, it was 1985 when I last saw her and I can still remember her phone number![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)

I have done loads of stupid things, mostly by mistake...I was, for instance, taking photos of intriguing Georgian architecture while on holiday in Edinburgh... That hardly sounds like trying to get into trouble, I know. But, sadly enough, it was on 7 July, 2005. In a street with a French Consulate building. The police interview was... interesting. Particularly for someone who had turned 18 only a couple of weeks before and who did not speak English awfully well...

Stupidest thing I've ever done - well at least recently - was to fill my car engine up with 3l of oil. I was convinced that it was empty and kept pouring more and more in, dipstick still reading empty. Rang my dad, drove my car to his who told me I shouldn't really need to put any oil in my car as wasn't burning it. Turns out I'd been 'dipping' the oil filled cap and not the place I was supposed to be putting the dipstick.

Cost me £20 to have the whole engine drained and refilled, and was advised I was lucky I'd done no damage (had driven 15miles on an overfilled engine) and that I was lucky to be alive, as had to compression gone in the engine, it would've went boom - causing a massive accident on the motorway. £20 for the sheer stupidity of myself was well deserved!

There was an incident cooking some chestnuts ( I dIdn't know you have to poke a little hole in them before you put them in the oven ) After 20 mins there was some loud banging coming from the oven so I stupidly opened it and myself and the whole kitchen were pelted violently with bits of hot chestnut . It took ages to clear up and I was still finding bits of nut weeks later !

Ouch!

I have a load of these things, but how about this:

When on Holiday with my twin brother in Canada, we wandered into a rather nice building. Noticing that it looked a bit high-class for the general public, we thought nothing of it when the copious security guards gave us strange, uncomfortable looks as we walked back out.

Once outside, a passer-by noticed us exiting and was stunned. It turned out that we had blundered into the Parliament building, where unauthourised admittance was an arrest-on-site affair, with use of the only firearms in the city if resisting arrest. Said passer-by told us that NOBODY walks into the building without being arrested or shot, and that it was a miracle that we were neither.

It's worth pointing out that at the time, we were VERY intimidating figures, and it'd be nice to think that security merely thought "Maybe they'll just go back out on their own, and there won't be any trouble...."

Have told this to a number of Canadians since then, and they can't believe that we merely walked out!

I do a lot of stupid stuff LOL....

but I left the Happy Rabbit out charging and my child walked into the room to talk to me. THANK GOD said child did not seem to notice it but as soon as door was shut it was stashed away.

I think the stupidest thing I've ever done was get a guys name tattoo'd on my shoulder when we'd only been dating for 3 months!!...Good thing is were still together (and married) 12 years later! Xx

Joining this forum ! Lol

It's so addictive !

Getting a kinky Twitter also addictive

Getting a kinky Twitter also addictive

Oh a lot .....

Jumped into sea with a basking shark thinking how cool it was and managed to get right in front of its mouth. Harmless shark but big mouth, had to flap and panic to get out of the way.

Jumped off a sea cliff oon the theory that the dark horseshoe shape in the ledge below was deep water (that wasn't the stupid bit) That moment when you hit the water and it's really deep and you're wearing a climbing harness with a lot of metal gear clipped to it, that took some hard swimming.

Wheelied off a harbour wall into the sea on a mountain bike just cause we were challenging each other. Bike attached to myself with a sling. If the saddle hitting my man parts hard and winding me wasn't enough the slow realisation that bikes float upside down due to air in tyres only for a very short while before they sink was quite troubling. That was another hard sore and fast swim.

The list really does go on too ![](upload://JDvwB4BqTlXmc0TRZyEqziKCrM.gif)

b/f fogot to put his recharged battery in to his camera when we were doing some adult pics in the woods ,so it put us off ,even to go back after the battrie