Trust Levels

I joined in March 2018, so I don’t know what it was like before then, but I don’t think anybody had any privileges on the last version. :slightly_smiling_face:

A Basic user, despite the name :slightly_smiling_face:, has pretty much the same functionality as everyone else, apart from uploading photos (you have to graduate to Member for that, but it only takes a couple of weeks :+1:).

Most of the extra stuff is to make things more convenient (once you’ve figured out what everything does :slightly_smiling_face:). The only things you really need are reading and typing and you’re sorted. :+1: (and the Search is fantastic on here now too)

If you need a practice of anything you can have a play in the Sandbox, and feel free to ask any forum-related questions in there too, and we’ll see if we can point you to the right place. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cheers :+1:

What’s with ppls profiles hidden?
Used to friend request before but can’t see anything like that :thinking:

Profiles are Hidden by default, so I think that’s catching a lot of people out. Yours is hidden at the moment too, but you can change that in Preferences → Interface, and you uncheck the ‘Hide my public profile and presence features’ box. :+1:

There’s no friend requests any more. They kept them on the last version as a legacy feature, but without the Chat it didn’t really make any sense, as you couldn’t do much else with them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It might be worth having a look at the Disco bot thread if you’re struggling with anything, the tutorials cover most of the features of the new forum quite well

3 Likes

Excellent suggestion. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Here you go:

Cheers both x

I wonder about the hidden profile thing. Just don’t reveal too much.It is nice to know a few basic details though.

I’ve nothing to hide. Though one of my kids is old enough to be on here now :scream: That would be awkward :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@Puppies77 i know what you mean, but just the basics that give no hint to identity would probably be fine.

1 Like

Just in case you missed it, @Puppies77 is actually a member from some years ago (10 :scream:). They may know that bit already. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Is that better? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Making me feel old :sob::rofl:

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp yes, just discussing hidden profiles, not suggesting anything! Often it would be handy to at least know gender to save embarrassment or offence.

Sorry buddy, I didn’t think you were suggesting anything. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll stop digging myself any deeper… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No problem, i know you’re just being the forum’s guardian angel! :slightly_smiling_face:

Does the Nice/Good/Great Reply badge actually work currently? I was just wondering as I’ve got well over 25 likes on a couple of posts and i was wondering if i was misunderstanding the badge description or if it’s not working properly

1 Like

The photo ones don’t count anymore as the category is restricted to ‘account holders’ only, so appears to be ineligible for Badges. :+1:

1 Like

Darn :joy: thanks for confirming it for me anyway

1 Like

I flagged a post a few days ago but didn’t receive a badge. Felt a bit of a tell tale flagging it too :joy:

1 Like

I think for the Badge you need to Flag a post (not a topic), and it can’t be ‘something else’. :+1:

I believe you can go Flag yourself :slightly_smiling_face: (and I think that counts too :+1:)