unsuitable unavailable unstable

I need help from the men on the forum...

A friend of mine recently confessed the reason he was single at the moment was because he was trying to escape his 3 U's. His girlfriends and love interests I have met in the past do always seem to fit into the above categories. His other problem is that his confidence is really low. When he was at uni he wasted 3 yrs chasing a girl who had no interest in him other than his coursework.

So gentlemen how do I make him feel better about himself and hopefully find someone to love?

It's a vicious circle the confidence thing, to get anywhere with anybody you need confidence so it's hard without any! Maybe easier to get him confident in other areas of life other than relationships and it might grow..hard to know what would pick him up without knowing him though :)

He's an archeologist and a big ol' nerd. I just reminded him I think he's great but trying not to make him think I'm interested because I'm unavailable which is the only thing that makes me his type!

I've tried persuading him to maybe go out a bit more but he's very insular and happy with his own company.

Just hope he doesn't turn into the 40yr old virgin before he finally meets his Miss Right.

I actually know somebody exactly the same at work! I pictured your friend as a nice nerd! Lol does he used social sites?

Trying to get him to sign up on anything is pulling teeth. I only manage to contact him via email and landline and the odd monthly meet up.

Well... He's single if you want him... He's also a really lovely bloke.

He needs to feel better about himself before he can look for love so maybe he has some issues he needse to deal with himself x