Valentines day, anyone else agreed to do nothing?

This year me and my wife decided we'd not even send each other a card as we felt even that wasn't needed, we've been together for for over 25 years and married for 22 this year, we have a very active extreme sex life, we're deeply in love and we tell each other our love every day so felt we didn't need a present, flowers or even a piece of card to say what we already knew. Was it just us or has anyone else skipped Valentine's day?

We have skipped it too.

TBH, we have been through so much in our 5 years together, we just felt it wasn't needed. We know how much we love each other after IVF and mass stress. We want the headspace just for us and not to worry about purchasing anything for each other.

I did put up an Instagram post for my blog and we will probably have a nice home-cooked meal later and watch a film or start a new series, but that is about it. Then again that is a typical evening for us too haha.

I love that couples do the whole Valentines thing and back a couple years ago, we did too. We just don't feel the need, even at Christmas, we just went away for a weekend rather than get gifts for each other.

We always skip it mainly because we've been married for so long now and we just don't feel the need to cram everything in to one day of the year. I think there can be a lot of pressure put on people to go overboard with Valentines stuff, we appreciate all the other little gestures that we make to each other over the rest of the year, that means more to us than a big card or expensive gifts we can't really afford :)

Same here.We i used to always get roses deliverd.But as the years have passed and children are here my wife would rather the money spent better. Flowers and everything is exploited and hiked up.I buy flowers on a regular basis. This year we both agreed a M&S meal deal to enjoy without the children and a bottle of wine. We was both in bed by 10 to sleep.Who needs one day of romance when you can for another 364.Children and life permitting lol

We are doing sweet FA today. We are both working at different times so there isn't any time. We had a takeaway and chilled out watching our programs last night.

I guess I must be an old romantic , I would love to have a special day / night . My wife has zero sex drive or interest , so nothing for us .

Oldman wrote:

I guess I must be an old romantic , I would love to have a special day / night . My wife has zero sex drive or interest , so nothing for us .

Ditto here wife not ino sex either i told her yesterday if i never bgged her about sex she wouldnt mind but she says thats not true . She hasnt made a move on me in the last 5 yrs or so . i wonder why she would say that maybe affarid illgosomewhere else i have Ed bad pills and vacum pump doesnt work trying the shots now still nothing going back to the dr maybe get bigger dose up 20mg from 10mg will see in a couple of weeks allyou people have a great valentines day and be safe and take care of your selves if you smoke quit now thats why my buddy wont work anymore. TT

Yep. Agreed to do nothing & got nothing. 🤣

Every year I like to spoil my girlfriend, we went out for a meal last night, & I bought her a big bunch of flowers, chocolates, a cuddly teddy bear and some Yankee candles.

Knight1119 wrote:

Every year I like to spoil my girlfriend, we went out for a meal last night, & I bought her a big bunch of flowers, chocolates, a cuddly teddy bear and some Yankee candles.

Nice Knight. You have a very lucky girlfriend. I tried to be romantic on Tuesday night and brought flowers for her to come home to. Never again! I got 3 bunches instead of one massive one as it was more economical and thought I could easily make it look great. Turns out I am a shit florist and it just looks like 3 bunches squeezed into one vase, so I am going back to the trusted non romantic fit I have been for the past 9 years.

Thanks K&c30's. That’s a shame, it’s the thought that counts mate.

Agreed a card only, which well give at the weekend when we see each other. Was asked where her flowers were since someone in work got some delivered but she didn't....apparently I'm in the bad books lol

Oops lol.

Hubby and I have never done Valentine's Day. We are not really into mass consumerism. We don't do Christmas either, or Easter. So we just show eachother we love one another everyday.

Dine in meal for two and a cheesy movie. Simple but a nice hour or two together........

We always ignore it completely. We tell each other we love it other such a lot, and show it in actual deeds not expensive trinkets. We don't need some marketing person to tell us when we have to do that. (Nothing says I love you more than a plant you've already killed).

It's just a money making scheme, and I would love for more people to ignore it.

The wife and I usually make each other a saucy card each!! Didn’t do anything sex related though as our first ever LH order arrived when we were out...arghhh!!! so decided to wait until tonight to try out our new underwear and toys!! I’m so excited!! Reviews/photos of ordered items to follow soon 👍

We show our love all year round, we don't need a special day.

Well I bought some new items from Lovehoney and had big plans. The kid situation came into play when we thought we were going to have some alone time. Needless to say the new products are on hold until this weekend.