VIP, end of unlimited?

Has anyone else had an email about becoming a lovehoney VIP user? It feels like a replacement for the unlimited privileges.

So far it seems
Unlimited was free postage and 25% off over £40 spend
VIP a £10 coupon if you spend over £40

So if it is the replacement it’s certainly not as useful.

3 Likes

I haven’t received anything about this yet, but @rosiedosie and some other people were included in the trial scheme a few weeks back:

4 Likes

I received an e mail last night about becoming a VIP.

1 Like

Interesting. Currently the 20off40 code still works today, will see what happens in the coming days.

I agree, for bigger purchases when you really want the discount its much less useful.
I got included in the trial scheme and it does encourage me to wait for discount codes to pop up on the emails. I am trying to be frugal with money atm so am possibly a bad for for a tester :laughing:

4 Likes

The Unlimited scheme stopped enrolling new people when the website swopped over back in February (ish?), so it seemed likely that they’d wind it down for the existing customers too at some point. I don’t know when the unlimited code will officially stop working though?

1 Like

It looks like the trial is going until some time in January/February :sweat_smile: I agree with @Green_Eyed_Girl, it’s not very useful if you have a big purchase you want to make, and overall I feel like you’d be saving less :sweat_smile: But that’s probably how it’s intended as the old unlimited program (I’m not a part of it though I wish I was) was maybe too generous from a business standpoint :woman_shrugging: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed on the possibly maybe too generous. For me though, big ticket items are the ones i need a discount on.
Thus waiting for codes and sales is what will probubly happen for me.
The vip system as it stands for me (uk) is very like a loyalty scheme im sighned up for with a common highstreet bookshop who shall remain nameless. Downside of this is i will buy alot more books than i will sextoys/frillies :woman_shrugging: so getting £10 off ocasionally is much less usable for me

3 Likes

I received the VIP email as said above it is a trial, maybe it will revert back to how it was pre Feb if not successful.

1 Like

I had the trial email a few weeks back and several since. Haven’t used any of the codes as the unlimited deal still works for me so as long as that’s still the case I’ll stick with that. :wink:

4 Likes

I placed an order yesterday and used the email I receive about the £10 off - I didn’t even think to try the unlimited to see if it still works.

2 Likes

Have placed several orders and have yet to get a code after the initial one, even though I’ve definitely spent enough :sob:

1 Like

It might need a special marker on your account? I’ve just tried it, and it still works for me (inc. delivery discount), but I didn’t get the email about the new loyalty scheme. Might be worth a check though?

2 Likes

Maybe have word with customer care. Mine took a while to turn up though weirdly.

2 Likes

Yep, already did and they’re looking into it (as I’ve spent around 250 since the launch so I definitely should be getting a few :sweat_smile:). It sounds like since it’s not actually live on the site they’re sending them manually so maybe that’s why. They also told me to check spam, but I always do a manual search and nothing :sweat_smile:) :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Mine took a couple of weeks to turn up. So manually makes sense

2 Likes

Because you can’t use the £10 VIP vouchers with other offers eg 20% off codes or the blue light card or student discount it makes it pointless for me for most purchases. This needs looking at because unlike the usual reward points VIP doesn’t really give me any benefits

2 Likes

Still haven’t heard from them, so guess it’s time to send another email :cry:

1 Like

Definitely chase it up @rosiedosie and let us know how you get on.

My unlimited code is still working as of 31st Dec/ 1st Jan (not sure what side of midnight I ordered on :joy:)

2 Likes

Anyone else get the questionnare yet? They sent me one the other day. Rather curious to know what the consensus was about it to be honest

1 Like