VIP, end of unlimited?

I can’t say I’m loving it either at the moment to be honest.

I can’t use my carer discount with the VIP voucher where I could with my points so I think that will probably affect a lot of people who get carer/service/student discount…

I did feed it back on Live Chat and they said they would pass the feedback on as the team are apparently keen to get opinions on it.

3 Likes

Same here. I think teething problems abound!

Found one from March that also expires in 2 days…

I have to say my shopping habits have changed since the end of Unlimited.

I’ve had a couple of the £10 off voucher emails already. I haven’t used them and here’s why.

If I made a £40 purchase and used one then yep - still a 25% discount as before. But if the purchase was any larger then that discount drops. The bigger the order the smaller the discount.

So now I’ve only recently ordered from the outlet where the offers are better and this may well be the future given rising household bills and less money to spend on ‘luxuries’ and non-essentials, which will be a shame and potentially mean missing out on new products we may have previously ordered and things that never end up going into any ‘sales’. :frowning:

8 Likes

Same. Really annoying.

Definitely spending less since the new scheme.

1 Like

Ok, finally got the official VIP birthday email (even though I thought it was supposed to be sent 10 days beforehand so you could get your toys before your birthday :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile:) and yep, it’s sadly 25% :cry:

Update - I contacted customer care and they confirmed the expiry date was wrong, and it is actually valid for 3 months​:+1:

2 Likes

Agree @Rob36, I have seen 2 or 3 deal of the day bargains but th3 added postage each time is putting me off.
I know it’s only a small amount for postage, but do that a few times and it soon adds up, and like you say, with house and petrol costs rising, you cut back on things, so the postage costs are stopping me ordering small items.

3 Likes

I also haven’t had any new VIP email. I was an unlimited member

I along with many, have been given access to the new scheme, where I was a member of unlimited, I have started to shop elsewhere as with the post and packaging doesn’t make the purchase worth it. Real shame as this has a good forum from its members. My purchasing with Lovehoney has gone down since the introduction. I am also still waiting for my discount email as I reached the level according to the email, but not holding out much hope :worried:

Same, I have emailed them as I know I’ve spent quite a bit and others are starting to get their second round, but haven’t heard back yet :cry:

2 Likes

I’m in the same situation, so spent some time yesterday trying to chase it up with customer service.

The initial email from CS said that as a previous Unlimited Member I should have had emails about the VIP scheme confirming enrolment and to check Spam folders etc. I had a root around but no luck there, so I started up a LiveChat with CS.

According to the CS on LiveChat, because the VIP program is still in its trial phase, only a few randomly selected people have been enrolled onto it. Once it goes fully live, apparently the rest of us will get our invites.

It’s a little disappointing (said as much to the CS on live chat), especially as I usually place a couple of fairly big orders each year (which adds up to quite a bit of moolah), and had been planning to place another in the next week or two. Given the situation of being between loyalty programs however, I’ll have to hold off on that.

It is what it is though, and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens with the VIP program.

2 Likes

Oh that’s good to know.
I thought I had just missed the original email to sign up

I’m not sure that’s 100% correct, as the email I received about the changes and the info on the website says that we will be automatically enrolled once it goes live. I assume we’ll get some kind of email about it though once it does go live, I just don’t think we’ll have to actually opt in to it. What it does say on the website though is to make sure you’re signed up/subscribed to receive Lovehoney emails. Hopefully it goes live soon - I’ve been holding off on a couple of orders as knowing my luck I’ll order and it’ll go live the day after :joy:

2 Likes

Ah, may well be I misinterpreted that detail then - cheers for clarifying.

But yes, hopefully some sort of email to let us know, so we can put in those orders we’ve been holding on :slight_smile: Birthday in June, so would be nice if it’s all sorted by then.

Have you ever heard the phrase “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”, yeah, another example right here.

Pretty bumped there’s no unlimited discount any more which has stoped me from buying any big orders. Luckily I only need a few items which falls short of the point where p&p becomes free.

Im unsure if there’s any discount codes to use any more, discounts via email seem far and few between if any.

Gone are the days where I get excited just placing an order.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I was a huge fan of unlimited but I suspect from a business point of view it was “broke”. It was extremely generous and I hugely miss the free postage on small item orders but lots of people ordering 1 small item and not paying postage then LH is going to be losing money.

The new vouchers I don’t like. Would be much happier if it was just £10 off orders over £40 and £20 off orders over £80 which still wouldn’t be as gererous as before but it would be something I could use. I haven’t used the vouchers as the only time I’ve placed orders since they have either expired or I’d had a different email code to use which they don’t work with :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

The VIP codes are annoying; £15 of £60 isnt as useful to me. I much preferred collecting points.

1 Like

I still want the £20 off £40+ perk back. :slightly_smiling_face: (And the reasonably frequent £30 off £60+, £40 off £80+ email offers). Especially if I could still combine them with the old ‘20% off two Lovehoney toys’ offer they used to have (plus deal of the day :slightly_smiling_face:). They seem to top out at 20% off now, which is a bit samey.

I suppose they’re now more inline with industry standards, but the offers were one of the most fun things to get on a Hump day. It would be nice to get that excitement back.

I got the Big Brand Preview email yesterday, and it said something like ‘up to 50% off big brands like Womanizer and We-Vibe’, and I clicked through to the product pages and they mostly have 5% off. I don’t know if it’s just me, but a 5% discount sounds pretty small fry. :slightly_smiling_face: (it’s the Lovehoney toys that get the bigger discounts)

10 Likes

Same, to me it’s like what’s the point of 5%, it only takes it down a few £/$, which doesn’t influence me at all to buy it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t disagree with you at all particularly on the Big Brands Sale. I looked through and any toys I want don’t have anywhere near enough discount to make me buy them so rather pointless.

I do get though that the regular unlimited perks were probably too generous to maintain financially particularly free shipping on orders < £10.

Completely agree with @Cali_Nyx the points were better and could be redeemed whenever on whatever and along side coded offers which was much better and financially doesn’t make much difference to LH… except there are probably quite a few people like me that then wont have a chance to redeem their vouchers so saves them money there. Very annoying on that front.

5 Likes