waist training

can you train your waist using something like this...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26256

dont wanna be wearing a corset every day!

Maybe if we wear tight old fashioned corsets for long enough we could change our shapes

But tbh, i would rather be able to breathe!

:)

xxx

And eat!

Presumably you would actually have to do it every day for a long period of time though.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Hmm. I'm not sure actually. Shapewear is used for wearing under clothes and helping your body shape, but when you aren't wearing it, the middle section just goes back to it's natural form, doesn't it?

Can you 'train' your waist?

its called waist training

you wear corsets constantly and gradually lace it tighter and it makes your waist smaller

Cat Lady wrote:

And eat!

Presumably you would actually have to do it every day for a long period of time though.

yeah you do ahah

which is why i wanna know if waist cinchers can have a lasting effect

couldnt be doing with corsets every day

Can't be good for you inner organs. Why would anyone want to do that?

Georgina71 wrote:

Can't be good for you inner organs. Why would anyone want to do that?

cause its prettyyyy

Do you want a small 'normal' waist or like a teeny tiny abnormally one? Xx

maltedmilk wrote:

Do you want a small 'normal' waist or like a teeny tiny abnormally one? Xx

not the ott ones haha

something like this,

http://corsets.webelity.com/images/WT-100_WAIST_TRAINING_CORSET_FF_1291190592_fs.jpg

Nice corset, makes you curvy

Yeah I don't think that's too small at all. Its probably just a bit smaller than mine used to be. I've only recently started noticing that women don't all have the defined waists I assumed they did. My family have quite good waistlines even when they get fat! I must admit though I think you might have tempted me to try corsets a bit more. Would it work just the same with a waspie? I've gotten quite a body complex lately! Keep thinking I'm scrawny -I'd love hips like that models! I have muffin top! :( Boooooooo!!
Xx

You can google waist training for more information really but you'd need a proper steel boned waist cincher/waspie or corset to start waist training. The ones Lovehoney do are suitable as they have spiral steel bones (the strongest type) but there are others out there that contain more bones in them. For example Lovehoney has 16 whereas you can buy some that have 24 that are more "heavy duty" but more restrictive.

There are people that where them for 23/7 and they're the most dedicated (at its "extreme" it's called tightlacing) but you basically just wear them a few hours each day to get your body accustomed more to it (and the corset to you) and slowly tighten. It's important to take it slow so you don't ruin the corset and so that you don't overdo it on yourself. For a more lasting effect you'd have to wear it more. I try and wear mine when I sleep as I can't wear it out to work etc. It can get uncomfortable but it can do wonders for posture.

For waist training and most comfort, a waspie is the best choice as it doesn't restrict you too much and allows you waist train for that area in particular (for more coverage underbust is the next best thing). There are some good blogs and guides to waist training out there so I'd suggest reading more around it or just go on youtube for some info on there.

As for your internal organs- when you waist train your body just adapts to the shape as you work up slowly but it's nowhere as near as "extreme" as having a baby. See how your body adapts to that? The look that FL is aiming towards should be too extreme on the body at all but for long lasting effect you'd have to wear it over a long period of time. Most effects wear off when you take the corset off.

Hope that helps.

I can't edit.. and I meant isn't/shouldn't be too extreme** >.<

Think im gunna go with a lovehoney corset.
I might just get a waist cincher though, to squeeze my waist a bit smaller because i have quite a small waist as it is.

Decisions decisions!!

Absolutely - got to be streel boned and you have to wear it a lot and you need to start gentle and gradually work it tighter.

If you're serious about waist-training, your first corset will allow you to take about 4, maybe 5 inches off when fully tightened - you start with a couple of inches then you and the corset have time to adapt to each other. Once you've worked down to the limit of your first corset then you can look for one that goes another few inches beyond that. Unless you want truly amazing results that will most likely be far enough. If you want to go further you need to have your corsets properly made to measue and to be very careful about your internal organs as you'd be starting to compromise their function. Most people can take about 6-8" off their waist without too many problems if they proceed csrefully and in stages. Extreme tight-lacers go for more than this and it's probably not a good idea. Don't forget that 6" off a 24" waist is an awful lot, whereas 6" off a 36" waist is less extreme.

If you stop wearing the corset your body will return to its previous shape as long as you haven't damaged anything. So you need to wear all the time for the result. I did a spell in corsets and got to be able to reduce by a good 4" but stopped eventually because its hard for a man wearing corsets. But if you like the feeling, you could be hooked, quite literally, for life, provided your corsets fit and you do it properly.

Shapewear will temporarily reposition any flab soft enough to respond, but that's not usually very much. Lycra shapewear gets the effect by improving the curves and smoothing lumps - not a bad thing in itself but not quite the same.

Hope you try it and love it. If I ever transition I'll probably do corsets full time.

I do think this is sexy I am just not sure if I could do this long term well done those that do x