What are your secrets to a long lasting and intense sex life?

Me and Mr Lux are still in our 'honeymoon' phase.

We wanted to know what you do to keep your sex life intense and long lasting?

Mr & Mrs Lux

It's different for everyone but communication is the most important thing. I find spontaneity is best, anytime, anywhere, surprise sex!

ShannonMarlene wrote:

It's different for everyone but communication is the most important thing. I find spontaneity is best, anytime, anywhere, surprise sex!

Sorry to but in, hope you enjoyed you prezzie?

Remember that love and intimacy, like anything, requires work and effort to keep healthy. Some say "It just is" and forget about it, but just like anything else, it needs to be maintained, considered, nourished and cherished and not always putting your partner at the bottom of your "to-do" list.

In the spirit of the last comment....make time for each other, when it is just about you two. Make time to be partners and lovers, rather than just housemates and/or parents.

Never take each other for granted and don't let your enthusiasm for each other die.

Communicate, communicate communicate! About everything and anything.

My pinwheel, BJ?

It's give and take isn't it? I like to be treated like an imbecile. She likes candles and massages. We do both. 12 Years together so far it's all good.

ShannonMarlene wrote:

My pinwheel, BJ?

On your OH birthday?

What about the tumbleweed moments... life, work, blah? Sometimes it can be hard to keep momentum or change things up.

That's when it arrived, yeah

As for the original post, I must add (kind of continuing what SS said) talk about what you both like and what you'd both like to try, discuss any fantasies and if you're comfortable, try them out

I think just liking each other as people is the most important, makes the 'tumbeweed moments' not so bad and makes the sex life good for everyone involved because you have more respect and understanding which is good in every part of life!

You've got to expect some 'tumbleweed moments' to happen. Life does get in the way but it's important to still make sure you make time for each other

As has already been established, communication is vital. Talk about what you like, what you don't like, any boundaries, what you'd like to try etc.
Longer term, I think the it all comes down to still making the effort to keep things exciting. Whilst it is very easy to settle into a routine, it can also mean settling into (and getting stuck) a rut. Keep your OH on their toes, be thoughtful, surprise them, keep allocating time together.

Looovehoney lol

Horny Glass Lover wrote:

Looovehoney lol

Well, and that :p

Have been happily married for 25 yrs. Communication,communication. Don't ever forget the brain is the biggest sex organ to engage it fully you need to talk. As your relationship grows and your confildence and trust so will your sex life. We are still finding new things to enjoy. Don't always take it to serious laughing and loving in bed together is so important.

Don't be afraid to do things spontaneously and give up if it doesn't go right every time. The real key for us has been to learn to talk when times are tough arguing and thrashing it out are far far better than long days of silence. The deadliest thing we have seen with other couples is no communication and one or both making decisions based on what they think the other is thinking. So often it is nothing like what the other person is thinking. Allways try to be the first to reach out and hold the other. Be strong and confident enough to hold them even though they try to push you away. Finally make up sex is amazing.