What cheered me up recently

Got a payrise, so happy cause it was more than I was expecting :sob::raised_hands:t2::purple_heart:

20 Likes

That’s great @ChloJakes :hugs::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Haircut tomorrow :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Congratulations @ChloJakes :partying_face:

Julius Caesar

If we do meet again, why we shall smile
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interacting with someone on his OF live and getting him to take the short BDSM test :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: he (and we) learned a lot about him/self :grin:

He also has ADHD and I love his lives because there is so much ADHD-ness I recognise and identify with :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Arrived at the Airbnb cottage I have for the weekend by the coast. Just me, myself and I (and a bag of toys :rofl:)

Not much of anything planned, just relaxing.

Bliss!

15 Likes

Have a fab time!

2 Likes

Have a great Weekend @MsSubExperimenter :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Sounds perfect!

2 Likes

@MsSubExperimenter that sounds great! I’m going to crieff hydro for a week for Monday for exactly the same. Peace, quiet, swimming, toys and maybe a few mimosas :rofl:

7 Likes

Sound idyllic - have a fabulous and relaxing weekend!

2 Likes

Have lots of fun @MsSubExperimenter a great time to be had

2 Likes

A “You” weekend , enjoy yourself ! I have not had a me day in forever and the thought of being able to enjoy myself for two days is hard to comprehend . Enjoy !

1 Like

My lovehoney delivery an hour ago!!!
Not much,but enough as lawd knows i need something to raise my spirits at the moment…

3 Likes

After a positively shite weekend things got even better after the lovehoney delivery (no i haven’t opened the box to try it out​:rofl::rofl::rofl:) this afternoon.
Firstly a friend of many years has lent me his bike for the week so i can get to work (he’s a good egg)
And secondly our eldest granddaughter sweet talked her way into a sleep over!!!
Anyways I was enlisted to help build lego and once the princess castle (could’ve been fairy castle, not really sure​:rofl::rofl::rofl:) was complete i said “high5” and held my hand up, “nope” she replied, “oh” says i “fist pump then” getting ready to knock fists, “nope” she replied “oh” says i “what do i get then?”
“A HUG” she replied as she threw her arms round me a squeezed with all her might…
I nearly melted!!!

19 Likes

That’s great @pootle :slightly_smiling_face:

Took our puppy out for his first walk he was really scared at first so only went on a very short walk about five mins

5 Likes

A neighbor who I converted from pure dirt biking into an adventure motorcycle rider had bought his wife a motorcycle last fall . Last Friday he asked if I could take a look at it , he could not get it started . Told him to bring it up and I would investigate . The next day after some checking I suspected a carburator issue . So I removed , cleaned and checked it all out . Looked good , but having it off I noticed the choke lever was backwards from every carburetor I had ever seen . He had been running it with the choke on . I cleaned the carb and got it running and brought it back that evening , they were both quite happy . While walking our dog I saw a neighbor lady and asked her how it was going and she said she had just started her car ( 2022) and it was shaking and all sorts of warnings on the dash . I said I will be right back after walking the dog . Had her open the hood because I guessed a possible battery issue . No , a mouse nest on top of the engine . The little vermin had chewed through coil pack wires . I got some tools and repaired the wires after cleaning out the nest . It started right up and ran smooth . I brought down my scan tool , but it has the push button start . I had no idea how to power the ignition without starting the engine . She already had a tow truck coming to take it to the dealer . I went home and found if you do not step on the brake pedal it will power up without starting . The dealer brought it back the next morning and I asked her what they said . Instead of a $200 bill just for the truck , she got it hauled to a closer dealer for $99 and the service tech. said my repair was perfect saving her hundreds of dollars . I also showed her the problem was from dead foliage from a plant right next to her driveway and she only drives the car once a week often . I also taught her to tie several clothes drier sheets under the hood on non moving or hot parts , the mice hate the smell . She gave me a six pack of beer and a thank you . My riding buddy and wife bought me three of my favorite adult beverages . See , I may be old , but I am still useful !

11 Likes

That’s really kind of you helping them @Oldman. I recently had a car bill of £940 for MOT/Service & 4 new tyres :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like