What cheered me up recently

Raspberries and top of the milk clotted cream.
Feeling so decadent
:grin:

8 Likes

Nice one @Oldman - that’s very kind spirited of you.
There are some decent people left in this world then.

1 Like

You really are a star @Oldman sorting out their problems and saving them lots of cash. You are certainly a great bloke to be around.

1 Like

Thanks everyone , but that is the way I was raised . On our street I have been the go to guy for over 40 years . I have been first one called for house , chimney , kitchen fires , injuries and medical problems . I have cut down trees , repaired plumbing , wiring , automotive , lawn equipment , motorcycles and helped move very heavy items . Over the years we have had great block parties where we set up grills and brought together picnic tables and chairs and had huge pot lucks . If my wife gets her spinal stimulater installed and it works , maybe I will try and organize a block party this summer . I am still up to a party , not sure about several of the younger , newer neighbors . I still find it funny that multiple neighbors do not like that I spend most of the summer with no shirt and wearing cut off jeans . Oh I forgot to mention I have been called when neighbors believe there may be criminal activity also . I often sing a bit of the song from Mr Rogers neighborhood , " Would you like to be my neighbor?"

6 Likes

Today is tattoo day AND new bike day…
Happy Times :blush::blush::blush:

12 Likes

My sons parents evening yesterday. So proud of him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

OH told me yesterday that she has arranged for myself and our trans friend to get together at her house just the two of us while she is at her friend jens house tomorrow

2 Likes

That’s great @Dirty-Wife :slightly_smiling_face::hugs:

Yesterday my wife had a pre operation appointment where we talked to the surgical team . Went over X-Rays of her spine etc etc . They will get a confirmation with insurance ( her November test results should make approval no problem) . The head surgeon has to approve , then just setting a date . My fingers are crossed , because without getting this done and improving pain she may just give up .

15 Likes

Fingers crossed and wishing you both luck :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hope it all goes well for you both

1 Like

Very best wishes @Oldman, I really hope it gets the approval :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: for you @Oldman, really hope it all comes through.

1 Like

Fingers crossed all goes well

1 Like

Relaxing at this time of night when it’s so peaceful and quiet. Just enjoying my own company.

4 Likes

@KentCouple1990 i know what you mean, the one thing I liked about working nights was getting home between 03.30 05.30 and the house was quiet and I had downstairs to myself so it was make a brew and go sit out ont patio and watch and listen to the world wake up,so relaxing :+1:

5 Likes

Feeling warmth in the sun and seeing buds on my fruit trees
:sun_with_face:

10 Likes

Getting to mow the lawn and do some pruning, the garden is looking better and i feel a sense of achievement!

8 Likes

Going to be a while here for the garden to wake up , snow is in our forecast this morning and again overnight . @WillC , I did have to mow a week ago . However the back yard needed it most because of all the tiny branches (picked up and cut up all the mid to large already) and pine cones from the many wind storms . I had just sharpened the blades on my lawn tractor , so I immediately beat the heck out of them .

2 Likes

Think we’re safe from snow, but still getting frosts. The lawn was a good 5 inches and desperately needed a cut, and today was the best bet, dry, breezy and day off work!

5 Likes