What cheered me up recently

Feeling alive again after so many miserable years. Laughing til you cry. And Some filthy texts from a new friend.

18 Likes

Getting my next work project lined us as my current one is coming to a conclusion.

6 Likes

That’s great @The_Little_Ladybird, I’m so pleased for you :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Being able to spend a few hours with our mam as it would’ve been dad’s 75th birthday today.
It’s the first time I’ve seen her in ages and I always feel a bit guilty afterwards that i don’t see her often, especially now she’s on her own :worried::worried::worried:

9 Likes

That’s nice @pootle, I speak to my Father everyday, & pop round to see him every weekend, my Mother passed away many years ago :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Doing a spot of shopping to bring some comfort and sensuality to the bedroom.

I also cleared out a lot of clothes I never wear and that felt SO good!

Just need to get it all out my house at the weekend now :sweat_smile::woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Got a new toy in the post which I am super excited about :ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

You never really know how much you have until you have a massive sort out. We shocked ourselves the other week when we did it.

2 Likes

Got confirmation I passed my course subject to moderation :smiley::tada::+1:t2::purple_heart:

11 Likes

Well done, can we ask what course was it that you had been studying? @MsSubExperimenter

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: an online course in self-harm and suicide prevention :+1:t2: get a certificate/qualification out of it I believe. Not planning on using it for anything career wise, but it’s useful knowledge to have!

7 Likes

That’s great news @MsSubExperimenter :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

That is an excellent qualification @MsSubExperimenter aNd a great asset to have. Congratulations on passing.

1 Like

I had a lovely surprise tonight, I just signed in an @anna.michelsburg has posted. She really is a great forum member and has been sadly missed for far to long. It is lovely to hear from her.

3 Likes

A new lingerie tester I’m in love with :black_heart:

5 Likes

Finding out a long time friend far away that has been quite ill does not have cancer ! And after months of trying , I finally got ahold of another old friend whom I worry about . He retired long before I did and I am the only person from our old shop that ever calls him or visits him .

11 Likes

That’s great news about friend does not have cancer. We have had 3 friends / family in the last 3 months have been diagnosed with cancer. Its such a horrible disease.
Its also good you have made contact with the other friend, once retired you/them really have to make the effort to stay to touch with folk This is very important and helps your mental state. @Oldman

2 Likes

The last two days have been unseasonably dry and warm and sunny . First day I was going to ride my big street bike over to visit a buddy I have known since 1963 . When I went to pull the motorcycle out , back tire was flat . So swapped my gear over to my middle weight adventure bike and went and had a nice visit . Then yesterday I did not have much planned and wore cut off jeans and no shirt all day . Even got to relax in the sun off and on , both days it was about 68f or 20c . Riding buddy bought his wife a motorcycle and could not get it started , so I told him to bring it up and I would take a look at it . Did not get it running , but found a fouled spark plug . Think both of them ride it too easy , unless prior owner messed up the jets in carb. What I find interesting is us retired people are so busy , it is hard to hook up and visit .

3 Likes

:crossed_swords:
In the semi finals!
:grin:

3 Likes

Getting my hair cut - finally :joy:
Not had it cut since last year. I was outgrowing the style I had, but as time went on, I’ve decided to cut it back to what it was. Didn’t like any other styles really, and couldn’t see myself with another style.

6 Likes