What cheered me up recently

I got my last exam back and I passed it (we don't have any grades, just passed and failed), now I got that weight off my shoulders atleast, phew.

Celebrated with some carrot cake πŸ˜„

Congrats sxleksaker!

Got a job, just waiting to hear on the start date now :)

How fun Squid! You must be on clouds :)

Congrats once again Sex Squid πŸŽ‰

Thanks all, things are definitely looking up :)

Young and Fun95, Gretna is amazing for a wedding. It's very "clichΓ©" but stunning. I was married there even though I pretty much am only 2 minutes away from it! I've helped several brides all over but Gretna always takes my breath away!

RosyCheek wrote:

Young and Fun95, Gretna is amazing for a wedding. It's very "clichΓ©" but stunning. I was married there even though I pretty much am only 2 minutes away from it! I've helped several brides all over but Gretna always takes my breath away!

+1 one I wonder if we know each other. I can't think of the distance from us, an hour or so drive. But it's beautiful isn't it? The old blacksmiths and all the lovely gardens, they must cars too. Everything about Gretna is awesome, especially the wedding. It's the best wedding I've ever been to and I'm no just saying it because it was our wedding. The place is just outstanding. There's a nice hotel over the road too which we got a great deal on. It's worth looking up online Smith hotel gretna green. Rosycheek I missed your post the other day, it isn't silly at all. It's so awesome when the kids say something really special. It made me smile reading your post πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œas Sex squid - congrats on the job that's awesome news πŸ’œxx Sxleksaker - awesome news, I'm super happy for you. Time to relax and have a bit of time for yourself. No need to stress about the exams and results πŸ’œxx Basically life's looking up, I've barely done ought but moan since I've been in here things have been so tough. But everything is starting to fall into place, not only that I seen to be able to see all the positives, instead of the negatives right now. So I'm embracing it with oh whilst we both feel great πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ’• also super excited for our upcoming anniversary, I've been planning and making preparations. Might of gone slightly over budget, but nothing dramatic. It's all creative and i thank all the awesome folk in the fav Lovehoney forums for their ideas, it's really helped πŸ˜ƒπŸ’œxx Champers all round me thinks πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ Side note, i really have no clues howmy posts turn into these novels. Lol xx
1 Like

slinky binky wrote:

RosyCheek wrote:

+1 one I wonder if we know each other. I can't think of the distance from us, an hour or so drive. But it's beautiful isn't it? The old blacksmiths and all the lovely gardens, they must cars too. Everything about Gretna is awesome, especially the wedding. It's the best wedding I've ever been to and I'm no just saying it because it was our wedding. The place is just outstanding. There's a nice hotel over the road too which we got a great deal on. It's worth looking up online Smith hotel gretna green. Rosycheek I missed your post the other day, it isn't silly at all. It's so awesome when the kids say something really special. It made me smile reading your post πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œas Sex squid - congrats on the job that's awesome news πŸ’œxx Sxleksaker - awesome news, I'm super happy for you. Time to relax and have a bit of time for yourself. No need to stress about the exams and results πŸ’œxx Basically life's looking up, I've barely done ought but moan since I've been in here things have been so tough. But everything is starting to fall into place, not only that I seen to be able to see all the positives, instead of the negatives right now. So I'm embracing it with oh whilst we both feel great πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ’• also super excited for our upcoming anniversary, I've been planning and making preparations. Might of gone slightly over budget, but nothing dramatic. It's all creative and i thank all the awesome folk in the fav Lovehoney forums for their ideas, it's really helped πŸ˜ƒπŸ’œxx Champers all round me thinks πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ Side note, i really have no clues how my posts turn into these novels. Lol xx
1 Like

My folks got married in Gretna Green, they loved it. I can't remember the meal but the ceremony and pictures after were beautiful. They loved it and they had a bagpiper and everything.

Lots of good news on this thread today...well done everyone ! Passed exams, new jobs and a wedding to plan...how exciting ! x

We were at the Old Blacksmiths Workshop, Slinky Binky. There are brilliant offers for full package deals with most the hotels offering meals. As it was close by we had just had the ceremony there, had a full blown party back in the home town with a burger van. Like you say Gretna weddings are the best, even if just for the iconic kissing gate photo!

West Ham 3
Man Utd 2
This cheered me up immensely

Falling asleep in my OHs arms last night. This is quite rare as he says he gets too hot.

Rosy and slinky, I think because I'm finishing uni in a couple of weeks it won't be too long now. I've always loved Scotland, we went in December and loved it and I've booked a surprise trip in November for his birthday. I showed him what I liked and he said he loved it, then started looking for ideas for his stag! Lol! the place I like is ackergill castle right next to the sea so I can push anyone in that annoys me lol
He's always said that he's got to wait to propose until we can get married right away because I'll already have everything planned and I think he might be right!

Sxleksaker well done on passing your exam! Mine are just on their way and I'm dreading it!

Young and fun - I love Scotland, was born here but have lived in various parts of england and wales but i always come home 😊 this isn't the area I was born, it's ohs hometown, and wr couldnt be happier. Have you thought about eventually settling up here as you seem to feel its a second home, if im not mistaken?
that's super exciting and a fantastic location 😊I'm all emotionally happy for you as it's obviously coming with oh planning his stag night! Oh that's class about pushing any guests in the sea who get annoying πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Guests at ours were non existent. Lol! We both have anxiety and my family is huge among with the fact we wanted it to be about us not the guests as I find weddings can be stressful when catering for others. I mean it's the day we dream of, the dress the venue, the honeymoon and everything! I'm saying that though, i do feel guilty now that our wee princess was the only guest, don't regret it but there is alot of guilt on the families as obviously they wanted to be there πŸ˜•
I can't wait to see your engagement thread, wedding thread and everything about it. You deserve it, you've worked so hard and it definitely seems the time is right in the very near future. I'm really over the moon for you, I've read lots of your posts since being here and i know you really deserve your happy ever after 😊 Everyone does, I'm refering to difficulties you've had, the marrige is going to be really good for you hunni 😊😊 πŸ’œxx

Rosy - same here, it's so iconic I love the place πŸ˜„ we stayed at the Smiths hotel because there was a super deal and we needed a little honeymoon. It was brilliant though we really couldn't of wished for better. There's a few folk in both our families who've done a flit to Gretna to get married. I'm looking at the huge picture right now of us sitting on the sign 'Gretna green old smithy marriage anvil'. Brings back fabulas memories and great inspiration for our anniversary tommorow πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Reading this thread is making me smile. As Terri said So much exciting stuff for everyone here, but must of forgot to mention our anniversary, as I'm sure it wasn't deliberate 😒😯 πŸ˜‰ Seriously though it's great to see all this positively here. I think everyone's been through so much this has to be a turning point πŸ’œxx

1 Like

My daughter has been so happy and full of giggles over the past couple of days. It really takes my mind off all the bad stuff. She is a great baby, she rarel makes things tough on us and she's always so happy and quite and curious.

Just overall very relaxing for me when I'm having a bit of a stressful time. Really cheers me up when I roll over and look at her first thing in the morning and she's all full of smiles.

Seeing mummy kitten cuddling her little babies !Β 

Also my mum' dog snuck in and dropped a toy on the floor , I can only assume as a gift . Sounds daft i know but he adores blossom my cat . Β ( I have kept them away and hidden so Blossom doesn't feel threatened, but little blighter was a sneaky so and so ) I will have to keep a closer eye on him , but blossom didn't seem to care half as much as I did hahaΒ 

Made me smileΒ ![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

Awww slinky that's lovely, we would love to move up to Scotland, pups would love it too, I think we probably will in a few years but for the time being we need to be near to OHs parents, his brother has left for america and although they're coming back to England they're going to live far down south so won't be able to help or even visit his parents much. In a few years they might come up with us, who knows. It looks like wherever we move to were going to be getting something with a granny anex to keep them close. They're much older than my parents and I really want to make sure our kid/(s) have a strong memory of them ( I clearly have a problem with thinking waaaay into the future)
We will probably have no more than 50 guests.
Like you we see it as OUR wedding and I have no problem telling someone they're not invited, no one will be given a +1, the room we want is tiny, 56 max, so that'll be our excuse lol we almost had it in the Maldives but I didn't want hassle of people thinking we've done it to spite them. So our honeymoon will be in the Maldives, also didn't want those family members that could come ruining an otherwise romantic holiday lol
I keep thinking I'm ruining the surprise of an engagement because I think about it so much but then I think about it and tear up because it's going to be so amazing πŸ˜…
Thank you so much, you're ever so sweet :) xx