What dirty or funny place names have you visited?

I drove past somewhere called Tithill the other day! Gave me a proper giggle :joy:

1 Like

I live near a place called Sandwich and there’s a little village called Ham right next to it :rofl:

2 Likes

There is a place with a road called Bell End, I kid you not.

3 Likes

Driving to my sisters house yesterday, the road before hers was ‘cocks road’ :joy:

Hubby’s been to cockermouth for work, apparently it reminds him of me, can’t think why :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 other roads near me are
Fine bush lane
Ladygate lane

On hubby’s travels he’s come across
The knob in Northamptonshire
Fanny avenue in Derbyshire :joy:

1 Like

Not a dirty one but Barton in the Beans always amuses me :smiley:

1 Like

There’s a Bell End in The Midlands, always makes me smile when mentioned on local traffic news!

1 Like

there is an exit sign off I-40 in western NC that reads:

SR (state road) 62
Climax
High Point
1/2 mile

I’ve shared this at some point on social media…would have to dig deep to find the photo to share here.

But honestly if the Climax isn’t the High Point then you are doing something wrong :wink:

1 Like

@MsSubExperimenter why didn’t you pull up and have nosey hun :kissing_heart:

@Gazza_64 we were trying to find our villa and there’s probably nothing there haha.

I did take a photo of the sign and added it to the photos category, think it’s waiting to be approved :blush:

EDIT - it’s here :grin:

There also a road just off bell end road called hawes lane :joy:

There’s Minge lane in Worcestershire I haven’t been up it for ages though , I tend to go round it before popping down it but it all depends on if it’s wet or dry :+1:

1 Like

I have an email address :smile: :joy:

Ballywatticock

it’s hot there :wink:

I thought cock lane In London would be more interesting that it was :joy:

On Interstate highway 79 in Pennsylvania, US there is an exit for Middlesex and it is literally between Blue Ball and Intercourse, PA. I am not making that up.

US late night host Jimmey Kimmel spent over a week on his show trying to become the mayor of Dildo, Newfoundland, Canada. Dildo, Nl is so small they don’t have a mayor but played along great. They are loving the new tourist visits and there are some really funny shorts on YouTube with the segments.

St. Louis de Ha! Ha! In the province of Quebec, Canada always struck me as funny as well for whatever reason. Exclaimations are included in the town name.