What Makes You Happy?

I'm on a little bit of a quest to discover things that make you happy. Small things that other people might not understand (or maybe they will, but won't think of them themselves).

I recently found this site and love some of the little things!

So what are those small things that make you smile?

Rainbows and buttons.

I love all sorts of things, but one thing that stands out (and has become a bit of a running joke at Lovehoney) is my love of buttons. I don't know what it is about them, but I love them. When I was growing up my mum had jars of buttons and now I have my own. I love pouring them out, finding a brilliant button that sparks off an idea for a project. I like organising them by colour and putting them in separate jars (this also plugs in to my love of rainbows!!) I can't throw any clothes away without first cutting all the buttons off and putting them in my jars.

When my little girl out of nowhere stops what she is doing, puckers up and gives me a little kiss. Makes me melt in an instant. Probably not as outlandish as what you meant Alice.

Writing neatly on the first page of a really nice notebook makes me happy.

For the silicone I've just used on four sculpts to cure instead of being a sticky mess!!!! Grrr!

I was just gonna say before Gem beat me to it. . .
When I first use a moleskine notebook! It's all I'll write in nowadays. Love em. SG x

when in a pay-and-display carpark and someone gives you their ticket that still has a couple of hours on it

when my son (or my daughter for that matter) say I love you mummy in the middle of somewhere busy and brings a smile to everyones faces who heard it

When an Amazon parcel arrives!
When Liverpool win!

When I organise my underwear draw and it looks all neat and tidy! I love the contrast of all the colours and fabrics - its just looks so pretty! Makes picking out my undies in the morning all that more enjoyable! :)

x x x

Id' love to see it Lamb!!!!! LOL

my darling little lamb - i'd love you to come and sort out my drawers - i have 5

top - odds and sods - makeup and whatnot

2 - bras - millions of them

3. - knickers

4. legwear - socks, tights, stockings, holdups

5 dressup and toys

I'm sure they'd look lovely when you've finished with them

I'd love to see it HellsBells - especially 4 and 5 !!!!

Those moments when you find something that gives you a flah back to something you did as a kid like when me and my brother went looking for treasure :) We dug a decent sized hole in the back garden and found nothing but rocks and dirt. I will never forget my mums face when she found us

Another lover of notebooks and stroking new unwritten paper moleskine and paperchase are my favd. fountain pens with bright coloured inks, the smell of a florist shop with all that cold fresh greenery. Open fires and woodsmoke, deep baths, tea from a china cup and long chats with my Nana. Theres a few of mine ;O)

There are lots of little things that make me happy.

Finding little things I can use for my card making like little bits of ribbon, unusual paper, buttons, that kind of thing.

Getting a phone call from a friend just to say hello, especially when you are feeling a little down.

My lad making me a cuppa, just because he wants to.

New lingerie! The feeling of putting a new pair of stockings on!

When you get a parcel delivered, especially when it's that boring brown packaging we all love!

Getting into bed with clean fresh sheets when you are just out the shower.

I have to agree with lingerie! And sporting it knowing you look amazing.

Random public displays of affection from my partner. I love it, even though we're not big fans we just can't stop cuddling cause we miss eachother so much (long distance).

Also, when you wake up and realise you can afford to have a lie in! The cold side of the pillow is always soothing!

Btw Alice- I've had a quick look at that site and I love it! I'm going to try some of them out when I can, like midnight walks with my lover. =]

HellsBells wrote:

my darling little lamb - i'd love you to come and sort out my drawers - i have 5

top - odds and sods - makeup and whatnot

2 - bras - millions of them

3. - knickers

4. legwear - socks, tights, stockings, holdups

5 dressup and toys

I'm sure they'd look lovely when you've finished with them

I'd love to! I have quite large draws so my bras and knickers fit neatly into one - which is why I think it looks so good! I also arrange my boyfriends boxer draw which he hates! As for the legwear draw, I still havent found a way to make mine look pretty so I dont think I'd be very good with that one!

x x x

What makes me happy;

I love it when family/friends make a nice meal or a tasty treat for me.

Jokes and pranks being played. Hehe.

Walking on the moors!

Hugged.

Presents.

I spose they're not that small on reflection.

you about SnL??