What music are you listening to right now?

Just Like An Arrow - Magnum

3 Likes

Let me know when it’s around and I’ll give it a shot. :+1:

1 Like

Tom’s Diner : Suzanne Vega
De de de de De de de de
De de de de De de de de

3 Likes

Will do! :slight_smile:

Manic Street Preachers…A Design For Life

1 Like

Neneh Cherry…Buffalo Stance

1 Like

Teenage Kicks-Punk/New Wave compilation on my phone.

4 Likes

Just this minute? The Pet Shop Boys live at the ROH on the Sky Arts channel. :musical_keyboard:

1 Like

Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro

1 Like

Heard a fascinating bit of trivia on 6 Music the other day about how they came up with that name - have you heard it? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No, I havent @PleasureDrone . Do spill :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I saw it on Pointless last week! :slightly_smiling_face:

Now listening to No One Knows - Queens Of The Stone Age . Really good video, weird but good :joy:

1 Like

It’s very weird, but a fab tune!

1 Like

Apparently it’s a spoonerism. As 13 year-olds, the band members were talking about pop star merchandise, and went off on a bit of a flight of fancy, imagining all the crappiest things that could be used to advertise Cliff Richard: “Cliffy coat hangers”… “a Cliffy toothbrush”… etc. Finally they decided the most mundane thing would be a Cliffy Biro. Years later they spoonerised that into Biffy Clyro and the band had its name! :laughing:

@WillC - dammit, you’re right. It was Pointless where I heard it. D’oh!

2 Likes

I do often think to myself ’ Oh I wonder how such and such came up with that band name?’ That’s quite bizarre isn’t it , funny though. Thanks for the interesting info @PleasureDrone :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh! I thought it may have been both, as i often see the same questions across different quizzes!

Switch 625-Def Leppard

2 Likes

Phantom of the Opera-Iron Maiden

4 Likes

All Or Nothing - The Small Faces

3 Likes